Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

Now that's funny!!!! Fortunately, neither. One of the local radio stations announces birthdays and evidently someone called it in. I'm hard-core rock and don't listen to country stations (don't judge), so I didn't hear it and initially had no clue what she was talking about.
Well, this isn't hard core rock, but I've been binge listening to Emmylou Harris all day and happened across an album with her and Mark Knopfler. The older cows like it. Younger cows prefer The Offspring, or something by Green Day. The new puppies hate rock. They'll only listen to Waylon, or sometimes Ed Bruce.

Well, this isn't hard core rock, but I've been binge listening to Emmylou Harris all day and happened across an album with her and Mark Knopfler. The older cows like it. Younger cows prefer The Offspring, or something by Green Day. The new puppies hate rock. They'll only listen to Waylon, or sometimes Ed Bruce.

Always did like Dire Straits

About three weeks ago, we had a couple inches of snow (about 51 millimeters for you metric freaks:ROFLMAO:). Then right after it mostly melted, we had a week below freezing, followed by an ice storm.
When that was over, we had five days of rain that thawed everything way too fast and turned the ground into something only comparable to a feast I had in Abbeville Louisiana about 20 years ago.

After all that, I opened the gate to allow them to graze the ryegrass. Still, after two weeks, I haven't had to put another bale out. I have one lone freebird at the feeder. Her name is Drysdale, first hog to the trough.

Edit to add……that groundhog may have been right this year. These usually wait until George Washington's birthday to bloom.View attachment 40724
View attachment 40725
View attachment 40726
I am ever so envious - daffodils, green grass and clear ponds…will be awhile yet for us but gives me hope😂

On every true country boys mind

Don Williams is a favourite…saw him on his wrap up tour, goodness not sure what year that was, travelled seven hours to see him, went to the concert, stayed the night, travelled home the next morning…kids and cows at home with the grandparents…Charlie Major opened for him. Wonderful artist. Thx for the memory…😊

I saw some little daffodil shoots coming up alongside the house yesterday... we had that real cold spell and now it is running 10-20 degrees above normal with rains...
Not ready for spring really... it is only mid February

A random act of kindness. I don't even know our mail carrier and rarely see her unless I'm in the east or west 80's (house is a mile from the mailbox). But we smile & wave, sometimes say "Hi!". She left this note with our mail yesterday. Made my day!!!! Love living in a relatively small community.:love:View attachment 40737
That was nice. And happy belated birthday!

I saw some little daffodil shoots coming up alongside the house yesterday... we had that real cold spell and now it is running 10-20 degrees above normal with rains...
Not ready for spring really... it is only mid February
I'm thinking about what I might mean for temperatures in June...

The last three Junes have been worse than July/August temps.

Happy B'day @TCRanch

A random act of kindness. I don't even know our mail carrier and rarely see her unless I'm in the east or west 80's (house is a mile from the mailbox). But we smile & wave, sometimes say "Hi!". She left this note with our mail yesterday. Made my day!!!! Love living in a relatively small community.:love:View attachment 40737
Happy Belated Birthday, Young Lady!

This girl had her calf on a perfect day before we got several inches of rain and cooler temperatures. They usually hold out for the bad weather to get here to have them in, so I was proud of her. In the picture she looks like she's snorting and giving the stink eye for us to stay back, but she's a laid back momma and doesn't give us any trouble.IMG_7803.jpeg

Latest posts