Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

IMG_3063.png

Lost her momma , might be the strongest most rambunctious calf I've ever tried to catch and get on a bottle. Week to 2 weeks old , she likes the bottle but had to get a cowboy to rope her and get her to the barn . She tried nursing every cow in the pasture and got met with kicks and butts . Was 24-48 hours without mom before I got her caught.
IMG_5610.jpeg

Wonder where that odd red one came from ?View attachment 41052
Where did this picture come from? There is a family down in Jordan Valley that is a touch wild west. One of the boys roped a elk and loaded it in the trailer and hauled it home. What would they say at the sale when you unloaded this load of calves?

Lost her momma , might be the strongest most rambunctious calf I've ever tried to catch and get on a bottle. Week to 2 weeks old , she likes the bottle but had to get a cowboy to rope her and get her to the barn . She tried nursing every cow in the pasture and got met with kicks and butts . Was 24-48 hours without mom before I got her caught.
View attachment 41048
2 on a 4 wheeler can usually make it work. I usually have my 3 yr old grandson drive and I'll jump off and snag the calf....
He used to be the jumper/catcher guy. But his mama saw that one time and put a stop to it. Guess I was running a lil too fast for her baby to be jumping off. She asked me what would've happened had he missed the calf??

I just told her, we'd probly have to try again.....

Got a new used tractor for the Ranch Queen to drive. She likes this one a lot better than the old Case IH 485 open station tractor. She kinda likes feeding cows now. Bred heifers in the background should start popping around first week of March.

Attachments

• IMG_20240218_152444.jpg
    IMG_20240218_152444.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 20
2 on a 4 wheeler can usually make it work. I usually have my 3 yr old grandson drive and I'll jump off and snag the calf....
He used to be the jumper/catcher guy. But his mama saw that one time and put a stop to it. Guess I was running a lil too fast for her baby to be jumping off. She asked me what would've happened had he missed the calf??

I just told her, we'd probly have to try again.....
3 yr old????? Jumper/catcher???

3 yr old????? Jumper/catcher???
O sure. He rides on the rear rack while I chase the baby calf down. When i get up beside the calf, he jumps off and onto the calf. Calf almost always goes down. By the time I get the 4 wheeler hauled to a stop, the kids already got the calf tied.
Screenshot_20240218-230113_Gallery.jpg

Latest posts