Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

Since several people are asking about it, how about a picture without the heifer hiding it?
Haven't cleaned out the chute since Wednesday but whatever, here's the brisket bar. The chute is a Titan and has a palp cage, bought it with the OK Corral portable system.IMG_20240209_082629121.jpg

About three weeks ago, we had a couple inches of snow (about 51 millimeters for you metric freaks:ROFLMAO:). Then right after it mostly melted, we had a week below freezing, followed by an ice storm.
When that was over, we had five days of rain that thawed everything way too fast and turned the ground into something only comparable to a feast I had in Abbeville Louisiana about 20 years ago.

After all that, I opened the gate to allow them to graze the ryegrass. Still, after two weeks, I haven't had to put another bale out. I have one lone freebird at the feeder. Her name is Drysdale, first hog to the trough.

Edit to add……that groundhog may have been right this year. These usually wait until George Washington's birthday to bloom.FC2ABEF4-6C13-4810-829D-7D4547F5C306.jpeg
5EAE91F9-552F-4D16-BA55-FF74131BB38F.jpeg
E8A9CFC2-37BB-448D-ABFF-64F4D4AE1746.jpeg

When that was over, we had five days of rain that thawed everything way too fast and turned the ground into something only comparable to a feast I had in Abbeville Louisiana about 20 years ago.
CT member bbirder may have something to say about that....

You have it backwards. Trees don't give me nightmares. I'm the one with the chainsaw and herbicide....

CT member bbirder may have something to say about that....

You have it backwards. Trees don't give me nightmares. I'm the one with the chainsaw and herbicide....
Gotcha on the chainsaw and herbicide! I've had three forest service trees fall on my fence in as many weeks.

On the Louisiana mash, I just meant that our ground looked a like, and had the same texture as boudin, after it has passed through a digestive system. I did not smell or taste to be sure, not that it would've confirmed anything :ROFLMAO:

A random act of kindness. I don't even know our mail carrier and rarely see her unless I'm in the east or west 80's (house is a mile from the mailbox). But we smile & wave, sometimes say "Hi!". She left this note with our mail yesterday. Made my day!!!! Love living in a relatively small community.:love:IMG_20240209_152142772.jpg

A random act of kindness. I don't even know our mail carrier and rarely see her unless I'm in the east or west 80's (house is a mile from the mailbox). But we smile & wave, sometimes say "Hi!". She left this note with our mail yesterday. Made my day!!!! Love living in a relatively small community.:love:View attachment 40737
The only way we get our name on the radio around here is if we're in the hospital or jail.
Which was it for you?

A random act of kindness. I don't even know our mail carrier and rarely see her unless I'm in the east or west 80's (house is a mile from the mailbox). But we smile & wave, sometimes say "Hi!". She left this note with our mail yesterday. Made my day!!!! Love living in a relatively small community.:love:View attachment 40737
Happy Birthday.... That was really sweet...

The only way we get our name on the radio around here is if we're in the hospital or jail.
Which was it for you?
Now that's funny!!!! Fortunately, neither. One of the local radio stations announces birthdays and evidently someone called it in. I'm hard-core rock and don't listen to country stations (don't judge), so I didn't hear it and initially had no clue what she was talking about.

Latest posts