Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

Where did this picture come from? There is a family down in Jordan Valley that is a touch wild west. One of the boys roped an elk and loaded it in the trailer and hauled it home. What would they say at the sale when you unloaded this load of calves?
Got it off 2 faced book . Not sure where it was taken ?

2 on a 4 wheeler can usually make it work. I usually have my 3 yr old grandson drive and I'll jump off and snag the calf....
He used to be the jumper/catcher guy. But his mama saw that one time and put a stop to it. Guess I was running a lil too fast for her baby to be jumping off. She asked me what would've happened had he missed the calf??

I just told her, we'd probly have to try again.....
My young roper was a straddle my tail gate in my pickup . Not going fast but my pasture is not the smoothest. He didn't want to bring his horse .

Okay, joke is on me... I tend to take things pretty much at face value...🙄🙄 literally...
Sometimes it's hard to see a person's a face when they are typing on a website.
I was just giving @coachg a hard time about their lil Rambo calf. Sometimes they ARE hard to catch. I've roped em off a 4 wheeler before but it's always awkward. Even crashed one time!

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

I've roped em off a 4 wheeler before but it's always awkward. Even crashed one time!
Calves but not mature cows. Dad roped an old part brahma off an 8n tractor once and it didn't go so well. She went around the tractor, tearing lights off, nearly cut dad in half. ... A life's lesson for sure.

Calves but not mature cows. Dad roped an old part brahma off an 8n tractor once and it didn't go so well. She went around the tractor, tearing lights off, nearly cut dad in half. ... A life's lesson for sure.
That would've been a bad day!

I roped a lil yeller heifer that mama got sick. Tied her off to a 6 inch wood post. Yep! She went round and round and ALMOST tied me to the post!

Tied her off to a 6 inch wood post. Yep! She went round and round and ALMOST tied me to the post!

Murray, decades ago when I was a youngster, that's how we did all of my dad's cows and calves. Had no pen at all. Get 'em to come close with range cubes, rope em and drag em to the nearest tree and go around it real quick with the rope before they got to you and before they wrapped you up. Then as brother or dad would push them closer, tighten up on your wrap until they were snugged up close to the tree. Some of them old girls were pretty rank. I DO NOT miss those days.

dads brockledcow.jpg

Camel tow?
cameltow.jpg

It will feel really nice only once the hot SW wind is here to stay..

Washed an put away my insulated coveralls and heavy coats just yesterday..
I have not even put on my insulated bibs this winter. I didn't stay out in the cold long enough to feel I needed them.

There is now way I would do that with most of my cows.
My girls are pretty chill. And my best friend will never pass up an opportunity to cowgirl up with me! Calves, I'm generally on my own. But I can still rope a 600 lb calf - on foot - snub it to the Polaris, take it down, and administer shots. Only if I have to! Cuz I'll feel it for days.

Latest posts