Old Wives' Tales

Help Support CattleToday:

Here they say if there is a cap on the mountain (a cloud on top of Mt Rainier) it will rain tommorrow.

I say if you can see Mt Rainier it will rain tommorrow. And if you can't see Mt Rainier it is raining right now. I am right more often than the wife's tale.

Dave":wreu127d said:
Here they say if there is a cap on the mountain (a cloud on top of Mt Rainier) it will rain tommorrow.

I say if you can see Mt Rainier it will rain tommorrow. And if you can't see Mt Rainier it is raining right now. I am right more often than the wife's tale.
If there's a big black dust cloud Mt St Helens made an ash of herself

the cap is true, that's how I forecast the weather here. Of course, the hogbacks are a good indicator even if they aren't sitting on a mountain.

They say here "it's either raining, or it's about to rain"

There's an old wives tale that if you pull a face when the wind changes your face will stick that way. Anyone here been brave enough to try that one and see if it does?

My old Italian aunts used to always caution the ones who were pregnant not to crave unusual foods as it would mark the baby. Of course they would always be thrilled when a baby had a birthmark to prove that they were right!

Seems like the worst was strawberries as they would make a raised strawberry birthmark. I have seen those and i doubt that they were caused that way!

Latest posts