Old Timer Made me Second Guess Myself

Help Support CattleToday:

RanchMan90":1egra7ms said:
kenny thomas":1egra7ms said:
Your smaller calf prices are way above here.
Yep, $1.80 to get a 400 lb #1 black steer bought and $1.50 on heifers. Trump's already making America great again lol.
I have 2 steers I am going to take next week. Half jersey half brangus, born out of my heifers. My vet said you couldnt even tell. He was shocked when I told him. He said the looked almost full angus. I guess I will sell them while prices are up and they are young.

Kenny is right, prices are quite a bit better than here. We are about .30 to .50 less on our steers and heifers, bulls seem to be nearly the same, cull cows in the 40's and 50's mostly.
Sold 4 wt heifers a week ago for 1.17 avg and that was up from a month ago.
So much rain here lately that it is a muddy mess. Raining steady now and might get 2-5" by the time it quits mon or tues.

crop/hail":1l1tmy71 said:
It happens. That aint the only black baldie or tiger stripe heifer in the world. Go back next week and buy a couple more just like em. They make more cattle every day!!!!!

First of all: My time off is extremely valuable too! I have to take vacation days to attend the sale day of our local sale barn, which is an extremely good one. Last ones I bought I hauled a load home that late afternoon and then went to work. I picked up 2 the next morning. For a while I thought tags had been changed but I'm sure they're the ones I bid on... but I will try to load out same day in the future. You were refunded so just move on despite what some loadout boy did. Like said previously, they aren't the only cattle in the world.

riquezada":6kicxbul said:
crop/hail":6kicxbul said:
It happens. That aint the only black baldie or tiger stripe heifer in the world. Go back next week and buy a couple more just like em. They make more cattle every day!!!!!

First of all: My time off is extremely valuable too! I have to take vacation days to attend the sale day of our local sale barn, which is an extremely good one. Last ones I bought I hauled a load home that late afternoon and then went to work. I picked up 2 the next morning. For a while I thought tags had been changed but I'm sure they're the ones I bid on... but I will try to load out same day in the future. You were refunded so just move on despite what some loadout boy did. Like said previously, they aren't the only cattle in the world.
yep, I already did move on, down the road to the other auction. Not holding a grudge. That will eat you up inside. Just lesson learned as to not go back. I am REALLY over it. Dont care anymore. Things happen for a reason.

Latest posts