Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankie":3q5nyfoh said:
MikeC":3q5nyfoh said:
Frankie":3q5nyfoh said:
MikeC":3q5nyfoh said:
Jim Riemann, President CAB LLC to USDA listening session:

"I encourage USDAs Labeling and Consumer Protection Staff to withdraw all current label approvals and withhold approval of all label applications that identify product as DNA verified Angus........................"

Where's the link?

Whassamatter? Don't believe it? :lol:

Whassamatter, got no link? We don't see the context there. Are you substituting for guest25 and making stuff up?

Find it yourself. You've got everything you need to google it.

Making stuff up? Get real. :lol:

MikeC":7yfzweya said:
Frankie":7yfzweya said:
Frankie":7yfzweya said:

"I encourage USDAs Labeling and Consumer Protection Staff to withdraw all current label approvals and withhold approval of all label applications that identify product as DNA verified Angus........................"

Where's the link?

Whassamatter, got no link? We don't see the context there. Are you substituting for guest25 and making stuff up?

Hmmm. No link, huh? So why should anyone believe you?

Frankie":64rtasll said:
MikeC":64rtasll said:

Where's the link?

Do you really think I made this up? :lol:

Mike

It seems that everything that you post on the breeds board is something that slams Angus cattle and their crosses. What gives? Are you dissapointed in your cattle so it's slam the top dog time? Seems like you have a good program going by the looks of your bull at Auburn(sp). Why not get your breed of choice to promote itself as well as Angus.
Like some people say if you can't say somthing nice don't say anything.
Thanks
Bill

Frankie":36xvnydn said:
MikeC":36xvnydn said:

Where's the link?

Here's a link:
http://www.ams.usda.gov/Lsg/stand/sessi ... est002.pdf

Good post angus guy,

Why do you think the majority of the breeds have turned black? It just might be because it only takes 51% black-hided cattle to meet CAB. It's not rocket science. Don't blame the AAA, CAB, or your neighbor down the road that raises angus. Blame the burger joints or whoever that not only misrepresent the beef they sell, but would just assume buy "Taliban" beef as to buy the premium product that we raise here at home. Mike's efforts would probably be better used trying to make his charolais cattle the best in Alabama. Instead he is doing his typical--HATIN'. Mike C vs. The Angus Breed. Better pack a lunch!

"Always drink upstream from the herd."

krenwic

Like I have said befor, do not blame the breed for the breeders and marketers mistakes. That what you are doing here MIK. When your on top they all want to knock tou off. MIK you and the charolais breed will never be as succesful as any Angus breeder. Cry all you want thats all you are doing. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Scotty":u17kz8ka said:
MIK you and the charolais breed will never be as succesful as any Angus breeder.

This might be the biggest load of crap I've seen in quite a while, and I was knee deep in cow schitzen less than 24 hours ago. :roll: :roll:

I hardly know Mike, but I'm quite certain that he is, and can be at least as successful as a lot of Angus breeders I know.

Nonetheless, Mike's success as a breeder has nothing to do with the fact that retailers all over this country are pulling the wool over millions of customer's eyes on a yearly basis. This is the "beef" lots of people have with claiming to sell 100% Angus beef.

Sorry Mike, I know you don't need any help, but I had come to expect a higher quality of post from Scotty than this.

It really had nothing to do with him or the Charolais breed more the constant if its Angus bash it. He is probly a very succesful breeder. I don not know and do not care. He blasts a breed of cattle for something the breed itself has nothing to od with. The marketer and advertisers yes. I should not have wrote those words. Stooped to his level.

What do most restaurant owners know about the rules to CAB? They probably bought Beef sold to them as Angus because it was CAB and figured something called certified Angus Beef would be angus. Then somebody takes these samples and the results make the business look bad when they might not have known. If I bought something advertised as certified Alaskin Salmon and they sent me Tuna I wouldn't blame UPS. I don't blame the restaurants at all.

Update on Hills Cafe in Austin...

They are no longer claiming Nolan Ryan certified Angus beef. Just certified Nolan Ryan beef. Is this supposed to be better beef then what comes off say the Piasano Ranch next door to him in Live Oak/ McMullen counties???Z

what a joke of a report.

they would have to sample thousands of sires in the AAA to have a reliable marker set to determine if the animals were descendants.

i sent a letter to them explaining how dumb they look to people that have a clue about these things.

retail-beef-testing.gif
[/img]

I'm actually impressed with the amount of angus beef on the shelves.

just got this back:

Hi Matt,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your interest in our story.
It was certainly a learning experience for all of us well as our
viewers.

As you might have read or watched in the story, we brought the
genotype/phenotype issue to the viewers' attention.

We also questioned the advertising aspect of Angus beef.

The story was not about the Certified Angus Beef brand.

There are in fact microsatellite markers that allowed us to test.
http://www.aberdeen-angus.com/22ndJune%2005.pdf

I personally don't believe in fabricating stories and I would get a
paycheck with or without this story!

Thanks again,
Tiffany Craig

Frankie":36c3n1xf said:
Are you substituting for guest25 and making stuff up?
Come on Frankie. Please don't wish that on MikeC. I know he wouldn't do it to you. ;-) Maybe wish auction boy or a couple others on guest25. MikeC don't make up enough stuff to even wish him on Hill Creek and I know you wouldn't even do that to him. He's already got his money from Hill Creek :shock: and I didn't and I ain't wishing him to make stuff up.

MillIronQH":fu3kg67u said:
Update on Hills Cafe in Austin...

They are no longer claiming Nolan Ryan certified Angus beef. Just certified Nolan Ryan beef. Is this supposed to be better beef then what comes off say the Piasano Ranch next door to him in Live Oak/ McMullen counties???Z

Nolan Ryan branded beef program was started by a group of Beefmaster breeders, including Nolan Ryan. It's the only branded beef built on Brahman genetics. They put his name on the brand because everyone knows who he is. It's not a breed association program, it's a group of breeders who put up their own money to start the program.

It might be "better" beef than what comes off the Piasano Ranch, since they use three methods to tenderize it.

http://www.nolanryanbeef.com/

USDA specs for Nolan Ryan:

http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/certprog/beef/nolan.htm

This program has nothing to do with CAB, except they probably never would have started it if CAB wasn't so successful.

All the beef sold as Nolan Ryan beef doesn't come from his cattle. Is that false advertising?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts