Oh No! Not Angus?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Assn can do is promote CAB and try to stop people from selling fake CAB.

If it meets the upper 2/3's choice designation, how could it be fake?

After all, the qualifications do not require CAB to have a drop of Angus blood in it.

MikeC":3c11o48i said:
All the Assn can do is promote CAB and try to stop people from selling fake CAB.

After all, the qualifications do not require CAB to have a drop of Angus blood in it.

An establishment must be licensed by CAB to sell CAB beef. If they aren't licensed, they're selling fake CAB. And the CAB requirements are more than quality grade. You know that, Mike, you just want to whine. :D

http://www.ams.usda.gov/lsg/certprog/Sc ... ed-GLA.htm

Frankie":gn82y1so said:
MikeC":gn82y1so said:

An establishment must be licensed by CAB to sell CAB beef. If they aren't licensed, they're selling fake CAB. And the CAB requirements are more than quality grade. You know that, Mike, you just want to whine. :D

You were the one whining about the selling of fake CAB, not me.

Fake is usually associated with the word "Inferior". If any breed can qualify and make the 2/3's test, it will be just as good but fake?

I see, you're saying it doesn't have to be Angus, but if not, it's fake? A license insures that it's not?

CAB should either be 50-100% Angus. Maybe the AngusSource tags will clear it up one day. Those tags will look good hanging in the ear of a carcass. :lol:

Frankie":24x1ja3s said:
MikeC":24x1ja3s said:

Just because they are not licensed doesn't mean the CAB they bought is fake. That is like saying a person that is not a member of a breed association buys a registered cow and it is then fake. If a restaurant is making a mistake it is probably because of CAB's rules and what they let qualify. I am not for or aninst CAB I am just looking at it from the outside and think they are "sneaky" at best.

MikeC":2kfvk0ex said:
Fake is usually associated with the word "Inferior". If any breed can qualify and make the 2/3's test, it will be just as good but fake?

There are nine non-Angus branded beef programs listed on the USDA site that require upper 2/3s Choice or higher. If their other requirements are as good as CAB's requirements, I don't see why they couldn't be JUST AS GOOD as CAB. But if they're sold as CAB, they're fake.

I see, you're saying it doesn't have to be Angus, but if not, it's fake? A license insures that it's not?

You're one of the people who have had a hissy fit because CAB doesn't require any Angus. They never have. It's right out there in the USDA specs for anyone who cares to read. If it's not inspected, processed, packaged as CAB in a CAB-licensed plant, and sold in a CAB-licensed facility, it's fake CAB.

CAB should either be 50-100% Angus. Maybe the AngusSource tags will clear it up one day. Those tags will look good hanging in the ear of a carcass. :lol:

Your opinion probably won't sway the Association one way or another. They've been pretty successful without it for several years. Want to know how much memberships were up this year? Registrations? Transfers?

Millerfamfarms":szxfqhri said:
In my neck of the woods, Angus means black. Are original blueprint is from angus but we cross with Charlais Simmy's Chi's and Maines. The meat we butcher would impress most people. Angus is a promotional deal. How many people could sit down and distinguish between two different breeds in a steak. Angus has stood for good quality as long as its been around. As long as their is nothing wrong with the products that use that name. Why not let them. Most people are just be nice that their own breeds aren't demanding as much attention. Maybe you should take some lessons from the Angus Associations instead of complaining about them!

Amen!!!!!!!

guest25, you have more lives than ten cats. You've been buried 124 times by Frankie, yet you are with us still.

ga. prime":x5sptbsu said:
guest25, you have more lives than ten cats. You've been buried 124 times by Frankie, yet you are with us still.
Guest25 might be annoying but seems to prove his point. He might take it to far, but does win most arguements with Frankie. I do not credit him because finding the flaws inCAB is not hard, but they have had great influence in the beef industry and you have to give them credit for promoting Angus like no other breed has been promoted before and doing so well.

Frankie, You have gotten our curiosity up. How much of this "Fake" CAB meat has confiscated?

Does the AAA have a "CAB Patrol" to catch all these perpetrators?

You have led us to believe that fake CAB is the biggest obstacle to the program at present. Is that one of the reasons they dropped their Yield grade requirements?

MikeC":1q79icbf said:
Frankie, You have gotten our curiosity up. How much of this "Fake" CAB meat has confiscated?

Does the AAA have a "CAB Patrol" to catch all these perpetrators?

The Association notifies unlicensed establishments selling beef as CAB to stop. If they don't, they can be sued. I don't know that anyone has been sued. It's illegal to sell CAB without the proper license, just as if you drove down the road without a driver's license

You have led us to believe that fake CAB is the biggest obstacle to the program at present. Is that one of the reasons they dropped their Yield grade requirements?

Too funny. The major obstacle to the growth of the program is getting cattle that qualify. Cattle known to be Angus meet the specifications at a higher rate than generic black cattle. The simple thing is just to get more people to use Angus genetics. :D Now that they will accept any colored calf with an AngusSource tag in their ear, even those white cattle can produce CAB. All you need to do is buy that Midland bull at Auburn and turn him loose in your pasture.

ga. prime":2oxemh5r said:

Is he still around? I'm doing my best to ignore him. You can't have an honest discussion with someone who makes stuff up. Ane he makes stuff up.

Now that they will accept any colored calf with an AngusSource tag in their ear, even those white cattle can produce CAB.

They already do.
I have had 1/2 Brangus and 1/2 Char cattle qualify. :lol:

1/4 hereford X 1/4 Brangus X 1/2 Char too.

MikeC":2pl7sga1 said:
Now that they will accept any colored calf with an AngusSource tag in their ear, even those white cattle can produce CAB.

They already do.

So you say.

Frankie":3bduzevz said:
MikeC":3bduzevz said:

They already do.

So you say.

So I KNOW.

MikeC":wyjsl47f said:
Frankie":wyjsl47f said:
MikeC":wyjsl47f said:

They already do.

So you say.

So I KNOW.

Not unless you own a Reg. Angus bull or used the semen from one you do not. I do not care how smart you think you are produce some proof or shut the Heck up. None of those crosses would qualify.

Scotty":kdts5by7 said:
MikeC":kdts5by7 said:
Frankie":kdts5by7 said:
MikeC":kdts5by7 said:

They already do.

So you say.

So I KNOW.

Not unless you own a Reg. Angus bull or used the semen from one you do not. I do not care how smart you think you are produce some proof or shut the Heck up. None of those crosses would qualify.

Be glad to show you the settlement sheets next time you come by Scooter. Don't know how I'd get them up here. They're 2 sheets of legal size paper each.

Sure enough, under breed, they say CCCC X HHUU and CCCC X UUUU.

I was just looking at them and couldn't help but notice some of the calves that graded "Select" made/brought more money than the CAB. And CAB beef costs 50 cents per lb. more than other beef?

Keep yapping. :lol:

I'm a yapping at you at the top of the tree. You look small for as big pussycat as you are. Send them on I will PM you the address and send the postage jsut so you do not have to get out of the welfare line.

I might be able to swing a 32 cent stamp there Scooter. ;-)

How about a little wager beforehand?
:p

guest25,

Try to be nice and not get this thread locked out! Get you a cup of coffee and break out the Angus magazines if your fixin to wake up Frankie. Stay away from the personal insults and you will get some of us to listen to you. ;-)

After all.....It is a matter of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts