Offended By a Post or Thread

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":1pa2vnla said:
JMJ Farms":1pa2vnla said:
I don't know Bez. Last time I talked to Denver he was skint back. Sounded like he had a lot of irons in the fire. Glad you mentioned it. I need to call him and see how things are going.

Good deal. Tell him not to be such a stranger.

I see Denver at a sale usually at least once a week, I think he's staying fairly busy.

A couple weeks back I started a thread which must have offended someone. In the early morning I saw two tour busses with trailers parked in a Walmart parking lot. They had Franklin Graham on them. He was going to be speaking that day on the steps of the state capital. I said that with all religion and politics aside it would be interesting to hear what he had to say. Twelve hours later I turned on the computer and the thread was gone. It would be interesting to know what someone else said that got the thread deleted. It sure shouldn't have been what I said because I was very clear that I wasn't discussing religion or politics. Just that I had an interest in what he might have to say and that I found it interesting that his busses were parked at Walmart with the campers and motor homes.

Dave":3mtlhakk said:
A couple weeks back I started a thread which must have offended someone. In the early morning I saw two tour busses with trailers parked in a Walmart parking lot. They had Franklin Graham on them. He was going to be speaking that day on the steps of the state capital. I said that with all religion and politics aside it would be interesting to hear what he had to say. Twelve hours later I turned on the computer and the thread was gone. It would be interesting to know what someone else said that got the thread deleted. It sure shouldn't have been what I said because I was very clear that I wasn't discussing religion or politics. Just that I had an interest in what he might have to say and that I found it interesting that his busses were parked at Walmart with the campers and motor homes.

No one had to necessarily say anything Dave. It only takes one person to flag a post to the mods as being offensive. I suspect the mods investigate and act accordingly. I remember your thread. Didn't figure it would last....sadly.

bball":3v8bhmya said:
Dave":3v8bhmya said:

No one had to necessarily say anything Dave. It only takes one person to flag a post to the mods as being offensive. I suspect the mods investigate and act accordingly. I remember your thread. Didn't figure it would last....sadly.

Bball, it is easy to hit the flag icon when quoting a post. I wonder if posts are ever flagged by mistake?

inyati13":2k63o2pi said:
Bball, it is easy to hit the flag icon when quoting a post. I wonder if posts are ever flagged by mistake?

True. I have done it a few times on my cell. Tried to go back. Not sure if it matters. I bet it happens often. I'm sure the mods sort it out.

bball":10yvodka said:
Dave":10yvodka said:

That is really sad. Just because the speakers last name is Graham. Or the fact that he was speaking on the capital steps. Interestingly the local liberal rag of a news paper had an article about him speaking. They quoted him as saying that he wasn't there to support any candidate or party, only to get people to study the issues and think things over and vote. I know some people who went there. They said there was some praying that went on, surprise this is Billy Graham's son. But there wasn't a bunch of preaching. In fact very little if any preaching. He was there telling people to get involved. One has to wonder what is so offensive about a man reaching out to people to get them involved?

That's not just offensive Dave. That's a direct threat! Complacency and apathy are the tools being effectively used today. Can't have people informed and actively involved...in their own families, let alone the future of our nation. Sorry, sarcasm off.
Its the only answer I can come up with.

bball":1bgigzs5 said:
That's not just offensive Dave. That's a direct threat! Complacency and apathy are the tools being effectively used today. Can't have people informed and actively involved...in their own families, let alone the future of our nation. Sorry, sarcasm off.
Its the only answer I can come up with.

Good answer.

callmefence":301aw7l8 said:
M-5":301aw7l8 said:
Yall should be like me and all sunshine and roses. then people wont call you names.

You ain't fooling nobody. We knew ya before the new tractor, new pasture, new granddaughter.....you'll be back
Listen "son". You're about late 30's I figure. I'm almost 70. I've got daughters older than you. :lol2: :lol2: Never be offended by anything I say.

Craig Miller":1hbhics8 said:
Gb must have a list of names with thread titles written out beside them to recall later. The only person on the board than knows how to use the search function.

That story though... :clap:
Nah--I just have a good memory..so far.

Latest posts