Offended By a Post or Thread

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
In regard to the thread that got deleted entitled "Religion and Politics", it went for about 8 pages before it got deleted. Although it approached the forbidden topics, it was only when the discussion became focused on religion that the Moderator pulled the trigger. I wonder if someone complained! I doubt it. The discussion between bball and CF was not offensive.

I am amused that someone else can take offense at the statements of others. Clearly a sign of insecurity either in them selves or their beliefs. I have never registered a complain about other user's posts. I could not care less what a user posts. In my world, I take responsibility for my personal feelings. I don't burden someone else with the charge that they offended me. What occurs in the human mind is totally the province of the proprietor of that mind.

Caustic Burno":2sw1c6dg said:
People need to get a thicker skin and if it doesn't line up with your little PC mind either defend your position or move on.

I wonder why you always attack people who don't think like you do as being idiotic, unintelligent, stupid, or 'little minded.' To me, it shows a real lack of intellect to attack another point of view as idiotic. I don't always agree with people, obviously, but if you're argument is articulated appropriately, I can understand your position. However, you just write off all opposition as coming from a person with a lesser intellect. It's extremely asinine to believe that all people who don't view the world the same way that you do, because they don't have the same life experiences that you have had, are idiots.

Honestly, it grows tiresome. Get a new shtick.

Bigfoot":1e5wdhg2 said:
Was that the burning the flag thread?

Yes. I think when it got into quoting scripture, it was clearly a rules violation. I fully understand the deletion was justified. Just making a general statement that I as a user take responsibility for my feelings. I also agree with CB.

inyati13":24kpykyv said:
Bigfoot":24kpykyv said:

Yes. I think when it got into quoting scripture, it was clearly a rules violation. I fully understand the deletion was justified. Just making a general statement that I as a user take responsibility for my feelings. I also agree with CB.

It was my fault. I get frustrated when people look to their own _________ and believe that it's better than your __________ just b/c it's in your backyard. That argument gets used a lot on here and it's pretty redundant. Nothing is perfect, no matter how much we wish it to be. :bang:

Bestoutwest":1pdl2abb said:
inyati13":1pdl2abb said:
Bigfoot":1pdl2abb said:

It was my fault. I get frustrated when people look to their own _________ and believe that it's better than your __________ just b/c it's in your backyard. That argument gets used a lot on here and it's pretty redundant. Nothing is perfect, no matter how much we wish it to be. :bang:

I think you got CB wrong. He is saying about what I mean!

On the scripture, your post made a good point. I don't know how else you could have made that point so no worries.

Bestoutwest":sh1l2l4g said:
Caustic Burno":sh1l2l4g said:
People need to get a thicker skin and if it doesn't line up with your little PC mind either defend your position or move on.

I wonder why you always attack people who don't think like you do as being idiotic, unintelligent, stupid, or 'little minded.' To me, it shows a real lack of intellect to attack another point of view as idiotic. I don't always agree with people, obviously, but if you're argument is articulated appropriately, I can understand your position. However, you just write off all opposition as coming from a person with a lesser intellect. It's extremely asinine to believe that all people who don't view the world the same way that you do, because they don't have the same life experiences that you have had, are idiots.

You are just one of the boards cry babies leopard can't change its spots or a liberal
I disagree with Ron quite often at least he has the balls to call it like he sees it and defend his position no matter how wrong I might think it is I respect that.
Have no use for a whiner.

Bestoutwest":52rp1dt9 said:
Caustic Burno":52rp1dt9 said:

Don't believe that shyt. Some folk just don't mince words. Has nothing to do with intelligence.

I've always felt the same way Inyati. No one can offend me without me first choosing to be offended. If people don't like reading certain subjects, I wonder why they do and what they do when they pick up a magazine or newspaper in a Dr's office or barbershop--some sort of compulsive mental syndrome where they are driven by some unseen force to read every single article and ad whether they want to or not?

There's a bit too much of "who's got my back on this"

We shouldn't dish it out if we can't take it.

Chit always seems to float to the top and gets itself skimmed off, eventually.

OK... I stood back watched this BS about a post offended someone ETC... Do you really want to know what I find offensive and offends me and burns my ... Yep you guessed it ...... Todays Cattle Prices.... :cboy: :D :D Ok carry on I just had to get that off my chest I feel better and can go on with my day :cowboy:

CJC":3ffzd6dk said:
Bestoutwest":3ffzd6dk said:
Caustic Burno":3ffzd6dk said:

I second that
Don't pm me with your garbage anymore either troll

I don't think as many folks are complaining as some think, it's probably as simple as some of you boys could give a shyt about the forum rules and keep crossing the line....... What's a mod to do?

Oh boy! I get to be the first on this thread! Wait for it.....

"The rules are the rules! If you boys don't like the rules or can't obey, then take it on over to Ranchers!" Wonder why that hasn't been suggested before?
Ok, great. Got that out of the way.

Now, to reassess. The discussion between CF and myself was more or less a clarification of some things. Something was worded poorly, etc. I been wondering if it was the use of the "golden rule" that was taboo, or mention of "Him" or the scriptures. Probably just the direct focus on comparison of religions. We left generalities and got specific. I say we but mean myself. I'm actually thankful the mods allowed the discussion for 8 pages. Just wished hadn't tried to take it further than allowed.
I also can not comprehend folks that allow another man's thoughts or words to offend them so deeply to provoke censorship. Just move on to something you enjoy.
I come here to learn mostly. Entertainment is a close second. Few things more entertaining then communicating with folks from different places. I enjoy the challenges, discussions, wit, links and all. I have learned things from folks on here that I might never had known-and it isn't always about cattle.

You're probably right Alan. More than likely just a very few that complain and I suspect it only takes one or 2 at the most.

skyhightree1":2urz03us said:
OK... I stood back watched this BS about a post offended someone ETC... Do you really want to know what I find offensive and offends me and burns my ... Yep you guessed it ...... Todays Cattle Prices.... :cboy: :D :D Ok carry on I just had to get that off my chest I feel better and can go on with my day :cowboy:

What are you doing Sky!! :shock: Why in the heck would you bring up cattle on this board? This is a board for folks to come to to bytch about how our country is doomed, how we are going to have to take up arms and fend off the zombies, how one religion is better than another and how libs suck. Please keep your talk of cattle to either the RNC or DNC message board!

Alan":9pu88d4x said:
skyhightree1":9pu88d4x said:

What are you doing Sky!! :shock: Why in the heck would you bring up cattle on this board? This is a board for folks to come to to bytch about how our country is doomed, how we are going to have to take up arms and fend off the zombies, how one religion is better than another and how libs suck. Please keep your talk of cattle to either the RNC or DNC message board!

What was I thinking ? I apologize :cry2: perhaps I have had too much :drink: :drink: :drink:

TexasBred":16sgygwg said:
Bestoutwest":16sgygwg said:
Caustic Burno":16sgygwg said:

I wonder why you always attack people who don't think like you do as being idiotic, unintelligent, stupid, or 'little minded.' To me, it shows a real lack of intellect to attack another point of view as idiotic. I don't always agree with people, obviously, but if you're argument is articulated appropriately, I can understand your position. However, you just write off all opposition as coming from a person with a lesser intellect. It's extremely asinine to believe that all people who don't view the world the same way that you do, because :hide: they don't have the same life experiences that you have had, are idiots.

Don't believe that shyt. Some folk just don't mince words. Has nothing to do with intelligence.

TB some will never get it you and I have fought, discussed, cussed more than any two on this board for the last ten years.
I respect that your a good man just wrong 99% of the time :hide:
PC crowd will never get it as they feel critical thinking never enters the equation

Ironically, in an 8 page thread title Religion and Politics, there was discussion of Angus cattle. :cry2: :lol2: :banana:

Thanks TT!

Latest posts