NCAA Basketball

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":2uyv5m1p said:
torogmc81":2uyv5m1p said:
Bye Cal, bye Gonzaga. Last nite left me happy with the results

And btw, Cal lost to a "top scorer injured 9-seeded BRUCE WEBER coached" team?? Ouch, that's gotta hurt his Mount Everest ego!!!!

I don't have a bone to pick with Gonzaga but I'll take part in your glee since you and I share the same opinion of Coach Cal.

GO DUKE!
My Gonzaga dislike started with Adam Morrison, so he left a lasting impression. And I guess i'm acting like a child being closed minded but once I dislike a team/organization it's hard to turn me around. i.e. Ohio State, NE Patriots

torogmc81":2jciiw3g said:

And btw, Cal lost to a "top scorer injured 9-seeded BRUCE WEBER coached" team?? Ouch, that's gotta hurt his Mount Everest ego!!!!

Your post indicates a problem you have with Bruce Weber, like he's not good enough to coach in Div. 1.

He cleaned Kentucky's plow. And so far, this year, has earned a $490,000 bonus. Had something like over 300 wins before coming to K-State.

D2Cat":1twirokc said:
torogmc81":1twirokc said:

Your post indicates a problem you have with Bruce Weber, like he's not good enough to coach in Div. 1.

He cleaned Kentucky's plow. And so far, this year, has earned a $490,000 bonus. Had something like over 300 wins before coming to K-State.
Read it again Cat....I think it's just reversed

TexasBred":5w6d9a6h said:
D2Cat":5w6d9a6h said:
torogmc81":5w6d9a6h said:

I have the feeling torogmc81 doesn't care for Coach Cal or Coach Weber. I have no issues with Weber and I actually met Cal one time 5 or 6 years ago when my son was playing at an AAU tournament. Cal was there to see some big time recruit and he was a very engaging and friendly fellow. I can see why kids are drawn to him.

West Virginia is looking pretty good right now. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up and knock off Villanova.

11 Loyola is the 1st team to make the Final 4 walking over Kansas State 78-62
To think
3 Tennessee came within 1 point of taking them out in round 2 before losing to them 62-63

Go Michigan!

Hoping for FSU, TT, and Duke. Always been a Duke fan but it'd be awesome to see 4 teams left that aren't considered "top basketball programs". Can't get away from that with KU vs. Duke tomorrow

TT probably the toughest task ahead of them, 'Nova easily has the least amount of holes in their product

TennesseeTuxedo":1gnqprkr said:
TexasBred":1gnqprkr said:
D2Cat":1gnqprkr said:

I have the feeling torogmc81 doesn't care for Coach Cal or Coach Weber. I have no issues with Weber and I actually met Cal one time 5 or 6 years ago when my son was playing at an AAU tournament. Cal was there to see some big time recruit and he was a very engaging and friendly fellow. I can see why kids are drawn to him.

Read your Cal comment again, and remember he knows better than anyone that he's in the public eye. It's robotic for him, doesn't even think twice. Could he be a nice guy? Yes. But your comment on the encounter with him proves nothing, either way, of what he is or isn't. He's basically a celebrity. Commercials, promotions, sell sell sell. He's programmed. I just ain't buying it, IMHO. I put him in the Alex Rodriguez category. Always innocent and better than everyone else.

As for Weber, my two cents, he SEEMS like a nice guy, maybe, maybe not. Watched a lot of him at Illinois, and it was a great start. He went to the National Championship with Bill Self's recruits, and then it slowly went downhill from there. He couldn't get the CHI and IL palyers to stay and play. He's definitely a D ONE coach, but not the guy for a top 30/40 program or to turn into that year in and year out. Look at Self's record from IL thru his KU dominance. He didn't skip a beat.

D2Cat":3fjuwsa8 said:
torogmc81":3fjuwsa8 said:

Why does the bonus matter so much.

He was 61-61 in the Big TEN after his first two years (Bill Self's guys) at IL
Cleaned UK's plow? I'll be the first to discredit UK, but that's a homer overstatement

Halftime
Michigan 27
Florida St 26

Heck of a Mn High School Championship game tonight
Creighton Derham Hall 79
Apple Valley 78

Back and forth all night and winning shot in bound with 5.5 seconds and then left only 0.5 seconds on the clock.

Duke is gone.

Final Four..............

No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 11 Loyola (Chicago)

No. 1 Villanova vs. No. 1 Kansas

I am pulling for Loyola or Kansas, but I think Villanova will win.
With the teams left it doesn't interest me much....

jltrent":urj95791 said:
Duke is gone.

Final Four..............

No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 11 Loyola (Chicago)

No. 1 Villanova vs. No. 1 Kansas

I am pulling for Loyola or Kansas, but I think Villanova will win.
With the teams left it doesn't interest me much....

I'll be pulling for Loyola but agree Villanova is the best team left.

Duke had the inbounds on their end of the court with 8 seconds left in regulation, last second shot rimmed out. Aaaargh! Kansas was real good at driving to the basket while running over stationary Duke players and making a 3 point play out of it.

TennesseeTuxedo":j3ifqfax said:
Son of Butch":j3ifqfax said:
Michigan 58-54 advances to face Loyola next weekend.

Michigan should prevail but I don't envy any team playing Cinderralla with most of the country pulling for the underdog.

Not to mention God. With Sister Jean there, and the coach thanking Jesus, it's hard to believe they'll lose. They're on a mission from God!

My son just called. They got finals tickets for face value ($100) from someone who was hoping their team made it but lost to Loyola in the round of 8. Should be a good time in San Antonio.

Latest posts