NCAA March Madness

Help Support CattleToday:

SEC has 3 teams in the Elite 8. Testifies to a stronger conference than most thought.

Three of college basketball's traditions remain. Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina are the winningest programs in history.

De'Aaron Fox, 39 points. That must rank up there in the books for a sweet sixteen game.

The bottom of the bracket is loaded
KU vs Ore
UNC vs KY

At least one SEC team is automatic in final 4. Florida or South Carolina.

haase":1xkknoft said:
Best game of the tournament, congratulations to the gators, good luck in the eight, badgers played them well for a 8 seed.

I don't watch many games but I did see a replay of the final play. That was fun to watch.

Wow
Oregon squeaked out a 3 pt win over Rode Island 75-72 and got past Michigan by only 1 pt 69-68
No way I foresaw Oregon upsetting Kansas, let alone humiliating them by 14 and winning 74-60

Only 1 team in the nation will win 6 tournament games in a row, so far Gonzaga and Oregon both have 4

1 Gonzaga
vs
???

3 Oregon
vs
???

Son of Butch":26o447ev said:
Wow
Oregon squeaked out a 3 pt win over Rode Island 75-72 and got past Michigan by only 1 pt 69-68
No way I foresaw Oregon upsetting Kansas, let alone humiliating them by 14 and winning 74-60

Only 1 team in the nation will win 6 tournament games in a row, so far Gonzaga and Oregon both have 4

1 Gonzaga
vs
???

3 Oregon
vs
???

Most fans I'm talking to are hoping for Kentucky, N. Carolina are big and a deep bench. I'll say I don't think one Duck fan saw us beating Kansas let alone beating them by 14.

TennesseeTuxedo":2xhvqg3c said:
Dave":2xhvqg3c said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2xhvqg3c said:
As spectators maybe.

Zaga's are into the sweet 16. The one big challenge between now and the final four will be Arizona. And Arizona isn't looking too good against Saint Mary's right now.

Isn't that where the Zags always go to die?

I believe I called for the Zaga's to make the final four.

Dave":1rxox0on said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1rxox0on said:
Dave":1rxox0on said:
Zaga's are into the sweet 16. The one big challenge between now and the final four will be Arizona. And Arizona isn't looking too good against Saint Mary's right now.

Isn't that where the Zags always go to die?

I believe I called for the Zaga's to make the final four.

I'm a believer now Dave, color me a certified Zagnut!

I'm still on cloud 9 from Kentucky getting knocked out. What a great weekend!

TexasBred":3dga4nee said:
The women's tournament is much better BB.
I have to disagree. A league that allows and promotes homosexuals I do not support. So until it is flashed all over the TV I'll stick with the men's bb

Hogtiming":x6i0o4yu said:
TexasBred":x6i0o4yu said:
I have to disagree. A league that allows and promotes homosexuals I do not support. So until it is flashed all over the TV I'll stick with the men's bb
Disagree all you want to Hog.....how many queers you think are on those men's teams?? You don't have to accept it but you better get use to it because it's not going to get any better. I as simply referring to the quality of the basketball being played not the social issues behind the players. But I don't remember seeing any lgbt commercials or hear any pro lgbt commentary. UCONN women might beat all 4 of the mens teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":2tmh3kfw said:
Hogtiming":2tmh3kfw said:
TexasBred":2tmh3kfw said:
Disagree all you want to Hog.....how many queers you think are on those men's teams?? You don't have to accept it but you better get use to it because it's not going to get any better. I as simply referring to the quality of the basketball being played not the social issues behind the players. But I don't remember seeing any lgbt commercials or hear any pro lgbt commentary. UCONN women might beat all 4 of the mens teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're last line was a bit silly TB.

Lesbians are a big part of women's athletics and have been for years. That doesn't phase me in the least. What's killing the "girls" game is the dominance by UConn. This is so much worse than UCLA's run in the 60s-early 70s it's ridiculous. What's their streak up to now? 111 or so in a row?

Did I mention I'm still giddy over UK losing yet again when the brightest lights are on? Never before has a coach done so little with so much as coach Cal. I love that guy.

TennesseeTuxedo":3nx84wwk said:
TexasBred":3nx84wwk said:
Hogtiming":3nx84wwk said:

Lesbians are a big part of women's athletics and have been for years. That doesn't phase me in the least. What's killing the "girls" game is the dominance by UConn. This is so much worse than UCLA's run in the 60s-early 70s it's ridiculous. What's their streak up to now? 111 or so in a row?

Did I mention I'm still giddy over UK losing yet again when the brightest lights are on? Never before has a coach done so little with so much as coach Cal. I love that guy.

I don't know if you mean that to be serious! Without bias or prejudice, I don't think there is another coach on the planet who is able to duplicate what Cal does with freshman. Regardless of their talent level. His winning percentage has to be among the top for coaches in the last 10 years. Don't forget, his one-and-done strategy has the disadvantage of totally rebuilding each year. They have no foundation to bring in. No other program in the nation is using the one-and-done model to this extreme extent. You have a much better foundation in college sports than I do as I am more a fan of academics than sports. In fact, I think institutions of higher education would be better served without "professional sports". Despite your better foundation in sports, your statement is absurd!

I am really liking it this year. The west coast and particularly the PNW gets no notice from the national sports media. And this year 2 teams in the final four are from the PNW. I have been busy and not kept up on the women's side of things but at the sweet 16 there were 5 teams in it from the Pac12.

Bright Raven":3j92kt3d said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3j92kt3d said:
TexasBred":3j92kt3d said:

I don't know if you mean that to be serious! Without bias or prejudice, I don't think there is another coach on the planet who is able to duplicate what Cal does with freshman. Regardless of their talent level. His winning percentage has to be among the top for coaches in the last 10 years. Don't forget, his one-and-done strategy has the disadvantage of totally rebuilding each year. They have no foundation to bring in. No other program in the nation is using the one-and-done model to this extreme extent. You have a much better foundation in college sports than I do as I am more a fan of academics than sports. In fact, I think institutions of higher education would be better served without "professional sports". Despite your better foundation in sports, your statement is absurd!

Raven,

In spite of the talent Cal has recruited since his days at Memphis he has but one title to show for it. That's underachieving. I'm a huge Duke fan and I much prefer the way we have done it historically but even Mike succumbed to the lure of the one and done players and danged if he didn't win a title in 2015 with 3 first round draft pick freshmen starters himself.

Face it, Cal is OVERRATED as a coach. I'll hand it to him that he's a great recruiter.

"Don't forget, his one-and-done strategy has the disadvantage of totally rebuilding each year. They have no foundation to bring in. No other program in the nation is using the one-and-done model to this extreme extent."

And who does he have to blame for this? He chooses to live or die with the freshmen phenoms. Mostly he dies with 'em.

TennesseeTuxedo":3txplpkp said:
"Don't forget, his one-and-done strategy has the disadvantage of totally rebuilding each year. They have no foundation to bring in. No other program in the nation is using the one-and-done model to this extreme extent."

And who does he have to blame for this? He chooses to live or die with the freshmen phenoms. Mostly he dies with 'em.

Has any other program been to more Final Fours in the last 8 years? I think UK holds that distinction. Has anyone won more National Championships during his tenure? I don't think so. How are you construing that to be FAILURE or subpar performance?

That one and done model took them to the Final Four in 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2015. I think they won a Championship in 2012. Who else has done That? You would be a fruitcake if you are a UK fan and advocate against Calipari. Admit it TT, you are jealous!!

Bright raven, I have been reading your post and the only word that comes to mind is....Homer!

Go Ducks! Lol

Alan":33fxcc1v said:
Bright raven, I have been reading your post and the only word that comes to mind is....Homer!

Go Ducks! Lol

Alan, I have read only two words in your single post and the only word that comes to mind is....Homer!

:D

Bright Raven":knos0kuc said:
TennesseeTuxedo":knos0kuc said:

Has any other program been to more Final Fours in the last 8 years? I think UK holds that distinction. Has anyone won more National Championships during his tenure? I don't think so. How are you construing that to be FAILURE or subpar performance?

That one and done model took them to the Final Four in 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2015. I think they won a Championship in 2012. Who else has done That? You would be a fruitcake if you are a UK fan and advocate against Calipari. Admit it TT, you are jealous!!

They don't give you the big trophy for "going to" the final four. I stand by my assertion that he has been underachieving with the talent he's had. Coach K fought the same stigma until he finally broke through in 1991. He won again in '92 and then tallied 3 more titles over the years changing styles along with the times. Perhaps Cal can duplicate that feat but the sands are running through the hourglass on him and yes, the natives in Lexington are getting restless.

Frankly I'm stunned he hasn't landed Kentucky in the NCAA dog house like he did at UMass and Memphis.

Latest posts