NCAA football playoff rankings

Help Support CattleToday:

May be in your fantasy world. It will be ACC, sec, Pac 12, big 10 or big 12- 2 loss sec team ain't going unless they win sec championship . The only way for 2 sec teams is if th champion of one of the other conferences has 3 losses and just win it by default. If you can't win your conference you don't get to play. It's simple as that.

Been kind of quiet at FSU this week. Hopefully the punk QB will stay out of trouble, and the team will peak at the right time. Hopefully Winston will move on a turn and pro after this season.

While I agree that SEC west is powerful this year your east side looks like the Sun belt conference if you want to talk about weak.

After Thursday nite FSU will have defeated 4 ranked teams. I guess because it's not SEC ranked teams it doesn't count. Since SEC is the best conference why don't they just create there own league and play each other and then at the end of season give every team a trophy because every team is the best. Us might as well not keep score either because if you lose in the SEC you don't really lose and deserve a trophy for just being in the SEC.

M5farm":wt6l6mt3 said:
After Thursday nite FSU will have defeated 4 ranked teams. I guess because it's not SEC ranked teams it doesn't count. Since SEC is the best conference why don't they just create there own league and play each other and then at the end of season give every team a trophy because every team is the best. Us might as well not keep score either because if you lose in the SEC you don't really lose and deserve a trophy for just being in the SEC.

I thought it was already that way!

M5farm":2ohbk30k said:
May be in your fantasy world. It will be ACC, sec, Pac 12, big 10 or big 12- 2 loss sec team ain't going unless they win sec championship . The only way for 2 sec teams is if th champion of one of the other conferences has 3 losses and just win it by default. If you can't win your conference you don't get to play. It's simple as that.

The committee has 3, that's THREE, SEC teams in there now . Two of them with a loss. They are setting a standard that the teams will be ranked according to their strength. I will admit that a conference championship does carry some weight. But it is not enough just to get you in automatically.
I wonder if it's possible that we could see an all SEC PLAYOFF! Alabama against Mississippi! 8)

Deepsouth":2c1gn2g7 said:
M5farm":2c1gn2g7 said:

The committee has 3, that's THREE, SEC teams in there now . Two of them with a loss. They are setting a standard that the teams will be ranked according to their strength. I will admit that a conference championship does carry some weight. But it is not enough just to get you in automatically.
I wonder if it's possible that we could see an all SEC PLAYOFF! Alabama against Mississippi! 8)

1 Mississippi State 7-0 - MS is in even with a loss
2 Florida State 7-0- FSU is In by winning out and ACC CHAMP
3 Auburn 6-1 -OUT they will lose again
4 Ole Miss 7-1 - OUT they will lose again
5 Oregon 7-1 -win out and they will be in
6 Alabama 7-1 - out if they lose if they win against ms and win sec you might see 2 sec teams
7 TCU 6-1 IN if MS stays undefeated and they win out.
8 Michigan State 7-1
9 Kansas State 6-1
10 Notre Dame 6-1
11 Georgia 6-1

any one in their right mind can see how they stacked the poll for potential conference champs to get in. we are at week 10 and to kick the sec teams out right now does not make sense the committee knows they(SEC) will eliminate themselves. they did 2 things with this poll they appeased the SEC worshipers(including espn) and the teams that are leading there conference. look no further than #10 in the poll. ND is an independent they are a long shot and you cant say that ND is not better than MS or KS !

All of the above is true and you can work any scenario with a multitude of possibilities. IMO it was too early for them to put out a poll. they should have let the SEC west cannibalize themselves before a ranking was produced. I still believe at the end of the day it will be 4 of the power conference champions in the final 4

I knew it would be Tough game I just can't figure out why they are giving away the first half every week. It kinda like handling snakes no matter how good you are your gonna get bit.

I agree with you TT. But if FSU come's together and starts to play the whole game like a team, they'll be unbeatable. Alabama is kind of flying under the radar, because they barely lost to MS.