NCAA football playoff rankings

Help Support CattleToday:

Deepsouth

Reaction score
where the Mason-Dixon line is considered the far n
Ok guys the selection committee will release the first ranking tomorrow night. Who's going to be in?

Who I think should be in: Mississippi State, Florida State, Alabama and Auburn.

It's not hard to figure my logic on this, the AP top 4 ranked teams should be in.

Now who I think it will be: Mississippi State, Florida State, Alabama and Oregon.

I also think they may find a way to justify dropping Alabama to keep from having more than one SEC team in. I am sure by the end of the season and the SEC has beaten each other up real good only the SEC conference championship winner will be in.

The facts are what teams can beat Bama, the Tigers or the Noles. Mississippi state seems like their good also, but I don't see them as national champs. We know the other 3 can handle Oregon.

TennesseeTuxedo":7bhhdsgp said:
highgrit":7bhhdsgp said:
The facts are what teams can beat Bama, the Tigers or the Noles. Mississippi state seems like their good also, but I don't see them as national champs. We know the other 3 can handle Oregon.

Alan ain't gonna like reading that.

It may make him kick the dog. :roll:

I see MSU going into the egg bowl against Ole Miss with one loss and that possibly being bama. I Hope we go to BAMA and show how good we can be and come out of there with a win. Bama is getting stronger. State gives up a bunch of yards that bama can take advantage of. They have struggled though against teams state would have stomped. I agree that the powers to be wont let the top 4 ranked teams be in the hunt just because they will want to see other conference champs in there.

Here they are.

1- Miss State
2- FSU
3- Auburn
4- Ole Miss

I know this don't really mean much at this stage of the season especially with the SEC teams. All three of them and Alabama still have 4 games to play against themselves so they will most likely all have at least one lose each and a couple will have 2 by the end of the season. What it does show is that the committee is willing to put more than one team from a conference in the playoff. By putting Ole Miss ahead of Alabama they are looking at head to head matches. Also they are willing to step outside of the AP pole. This is the end of the AP pole.

I cant believe that they picked 3 teams from the SEC. I figured they would have atleast picked 2 conference teams that should win out and win their conference championship.

shaneb":29fwhyjl said:
I cant believe that they picked 3 teams from the SEC. I figured they would have atleast picked 2 conference teams that should win out and win their conference championship.
Some of those "champs" haven't really beaten anybody if they go 12-0.

Look at 5 thru 8 that is what will be in the playoff after 3 of the top 4 play each other. They have it set UI for conference champs

M5farm":20xmx4vk said:
Look at 5 thru 8 that is what will be in the playoff after 3 of the top 4 play each other. They have it set UI for conference champs

Hopefully Florida State will be out of the equation after they suffer a humiliating loss Thursday night at the hands of the Mighty Cardinals.

GO Cards!

TennesseeTuxedo":1kuqk1a7 said:
M5farm":1kuqk1a7 said:

Hopefully Florida State will be out of the equation after they suffer a humiliating loss Thursday night at the hands of the Mighty Cardinals.

GO Cards!
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: M5 will be looking for you big'un. :nod:

TennesseeTuxedo":3jjv8krj said:
M5farm":3jjv8krj said:

GO Cards!

It could happen, the do have a good defense.

M5farm":2e4sisk3 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2e4sisk3 said:
M5farm":2e4sisk3 said:

GO Cards!

It could happen, the do have a good defense.

Well that wasn't much of a response.

TennesseeTuxedo":3n5o4cod said:
[ "][

Don't you know that injuns east red birds for breakfast. and while the do have a good defense they better hope they can score with the defense because the offense SUCKS so far this year.

M5farm":bflr60vu said:
TennesseeTuxedo":bflr60vu said:
[ "][

Don't you know that injuns east red birds for breakfast. and while the do have a good defense they better hope they can score with the defense because the offense SUCKS so far this year.

That's more like it!!! LOL!

M5farm":g8yqqsh6 said:

Yeah, Auburn and Ole Miss play each other this week. Both are one lose teams. So the loser is going to have two loses and probably fall out of the top four. I don't think Miss State will go undefeated either so they will have to decide how far to drop them. It will depend on who beats them, how bad and what stage in the season. Early defeats like Auburn and Alabama had are easier to over come.

Also after tomorrow night FSU is going to have a lose and no statement victories against ranked teams. Just did beat ND at home. Another close call at home against Clemson. A win over a disappointing Oklahoma State on a neutral field. They may drop out of the top ten.

Lot's of football still to be played. SEC west is going to be exciting to watch. Practically a five team playoff, technically LSU still has a chance. Also Georgia is actually in the best position to be in to win the SEC.

Deepsouth":1y3gja7o said:
M5farm":1y3gja7o said:

Yeah, Auburn and Ole Miss play each other this week. Both are one lose teams. So the loser is going to have two loses and probably fall out of the top four. I don't think Miss State will go undefeated either so they will have to decide how far to drop them. It will depend on who beats them, how bad and what stage in the season. Early defeats like Auburn and Alabama had are easier to over come.

Also after tomorrow night FSU is going to have a lose and no statement victories against ranked teams. Just did beat ND at home. Another close call at home against Clemson. A win over a disappointing Oklahoma State on a neutral field. They may drop out of the top ten.

Lot's of football still to be played. SEC west is going to be exciting to watch. Practically a five team playoff, technically LSU still has a chance. Also Georgia is actually in the best position to be in to win the SEC.
That better than a #1 fiction Novel. Even with a loss FSU wins ACC they are back in

Latest posts