NCAA March Madness

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":1lkte9di said:
Bright Raven":1lkte9di said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1lkte9di said:
"Don't forget, his one-and-done strategy has the disadvantage of totally rebuilding each year. They have no foundation to bring in. No other program in the nation is using the one-and-done model to this extreme extent."

And who does he have to blame for this? He chooses to live or die with the freshmen phenoms. Mostly he dies with 'em.

Has any other program been to more Final Fours in the last 8 years? I think UK holds that distinction. Has anyone won more National Championships during his tenure? I don't think so. How are you construing that to be FAILURE or subpar performance?

That one and done model took them to the Final Four in 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2015. I think they won a Championship in 2012. Who else has done That? You would be a fruitcake if you are a UK fan and advocate against Calipari. Admit it TT, you are jealous!!

They don't give you the big trophy for "going to" the final four. I stand by my assertion that he has been underachieving with the talent he's had. Coach K fought the same stigma until he finally broke through in 1991. He won again in '92 and then tallied 3 more titles over the years changing styles along with the times. Perhaps Cal can duplicate that feat but the sands are running through the hourglass on him and yes, the natives in Lexington are getting restless.

Frankly I'm stunned he hasn't landed Kentucky in the NCAA dog house like he did at UMass and Memphis.

Sands are flowing on us all but I think Bill Self meets your criteria more than Cal does. I don't pay much attention to the restless fans. So no comment.

Bright Raven":c6l6bvv2 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":c6l6bvv2 said:
Bright Raven":c6l6bvv2 said:
Has any other program been to more Final Fours in the last 8 years? I think UK holds that distinction. Has anyone won more National Championships during his tenure? I don't think so. How are you construing that to be FAILURE or subpar performance?

That one and done model took them to the Final Four in 2011, 2012, 2014, and 2015. I think they won a Championship in 2012. Who else has done That? You would be a fruitcake if you are a UK fan and advocate against Calipari. Admit it TT, you are jealous!!

They don't give you the big trophy for "going to" the final four. I stand by my assertion that he has been underachieving with the talent he's had. Coach K fought the same stigma until he finally broke through in 1991. He won again in '92 and then tallied 3 more titles over the years changing styles along with the times. Perhaps Cal can duplicate that feat but the sands are running through the hourglass on him and yes, the natives in Lexington are getting restless.

Frankly I'm stunned he hasn't landed Kentucky in the NCAA dog house like he did at UMass and Memphis.

Sands are flowing on us all but I think Bill Self meets your criteria more than Cal does. I don't pay much attention to the restless fans. So no comment.

I agree on Self, he's underachieving too. Roy Williams will catch heat in Carolina if he fails to return with the title.

GO DUCKS!!!

TennesseeTuxedo":1w0r02ok said:
Bright Raven":1w0r02ok said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1w0r02ok said:

I agree on Self, he's underachieving too. Roy Williams will catch heat in Carolina if he fails to return with the title.

GO DUCKS!!!

Naw. Not on Roy. He has done well. He is too old to worry anyway.

Bright Raven":3h979emo said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3h979emo said:
Bright Raven":3h979emo said:

GO DUCKS!!!

Naw. Not on Roy. He has done well. He is too old to worry anyway.

Tar Heel fans are nearly as insufferable as Cats fans, they are demanding a championship. They have served my purpose by vanquishing the evil doers so I'm all in for the Ducks and then the Zags.

Ducks vs cocks I hope. Gamecocks are the winners if I could pick. UNC will be hard to handle tho

TennesseeTuxedo":2wcs8pzd said:
TexasBred":2wcs8pzd said:
UCONN women might beat all 4 of the mens teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's killing the "girls" game is the dominance by UConn. What's their streak up to now? 111 or so in a row?
U Conn's streak ended at 111
Mississippi State hit a buzzer beater to win 66-64 quite an improvement considering they lost by 60 last year

Son of Butch":1wnr2ddu said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1wnr2ddu said:
TexasBred":1wnr2ddu said:
UCONN women might beat all 4 of the mens teams. :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's killing the "girls" game is the dominance by UConn. What's their streak up to now? 111 or so in a row?
U Conn's streak ended at 111
Mississippi State hit a buzzer beater to win 66-64 quite an improvement considering they lost by 60 last year

I was tickled to see that when I woke up yesterday morning. I didn't stay up and watch, and I'm not alone in that, because I figured the outcome was a forgone conclusion.

I hope the women's championship has good ratings.

TennesseeTuxedo":1fxa23ws said:
Bright Raven":1fxa23ws said:
UNC number 6. Behind KY and UCLA.

Sounds like I didn't miss anything. I saw the news this morning.

You missed an awesome title game Raven, ya wanna know why?

CAUSE THE WILDCATS OF KENTUCKY WERE NOT THERE!!!
Your envy is showing TT. And a big dose of jealousy.

Candidly, I would not have watched if UK had been playing. I am not a sports fan. Being from Kentucky, I do hear the results of their games and I prefer to hear that they won. But I don't suffer any of the emotions you die-hard sports nuts do.

I have observed this about all sports. Sports fans are envious and jealous of the coaches, teams, and fans that are the leaders of their sport. For example, I am even less a football fan than I am a basketball fan, nevertheless, I am amazed at the performance Sabin gets out of his Alabama program. Regardless of how he does it, it is an impressive accomplishment. Isn't it obvious why he has so many haters?

Humans are ugly when they wallow in jealousy and envy.

Bright Raven":s6dmeva6 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":s6dmeva6 said:
Bright Raven":s6dmeva6 said:
UNC number 6. Behind KY and UCLA.

Sounds like I didn't miss anything. I saw the news this morning.

Candidly, I would not have watched if UK had been playing. I am not a sports fan. Being from Kentucky, I do hear the results of their games and I prefer to hear that they won. But I don't suffer any of the emotions you die-hard sports nuts do.

I have observed this about all sports. Sports fans are envious and jealous of the coaches, teams, and fans that are the leaders of their sport. For example, I am even less a football fan than I am a basketball fan, nevertheless, I am amazed at the performance Sabin gets out of his Alabama program. Regardless of how he does it, it is an impressive accomplishment. Isn't it obvious why he has so many haters?

As a Duke fan I can completely relate to the success Bama has had and yes, the haters are constantly on Coach K and Nick Satan for winning, simply winning.

Cal will bring in another batch of fabulous one and done kids and hopefully he'll continue to fail to coach them up as always.

TennesseeTuxedo":20qbyu21 said:
Bright Raven":20qbyu21 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":20qbyu21 said:

As a Duke fan I can completely relate to the success Bama has had and yes, the haters are constantly on Coach K and Nick Satan for winning, simply winning.

Cal will bring in another batch of fabulous one and done kids and hopefully he'll continue to fail to coach them up as always.

I disagree with the implication of the statement in bold. In regard to recruiting only a dam fool would doubt the talent he brings in. Even one as bias as you agrees that he brings in talent.

As feeble as my knowledge of sports is, the winning percentage that Calipari enjoys implies that he has coaching skills. Especially, unique coaching talent for transitioning young talent right out of high school into the college game. Granted, that is the model he has chosen and it may equate to fewer National Championships than programs that foster more mature senior level talent.

If winning percentage is directly proportional to coaching skill - most evaluations of coaches are based on winning percentage - Calipari will be in the top 5 per cent all time.

I know you Puke Blue Devil's fans are in love with Coach Whiner and it has blinded your objectivity so my expectations for any concession from you is about as good as Puke's chances of winning the ACC next year. Something Calipari does in the SEC every year.

TT's A Duke Fan. That's just sickening. I figure he be a Tennessee fan or something. Personally I use to love Kentucky Basketball but not much since Cal has taken the job. Just don't like the guy much. Still like to hear they win but don't really care if they lose either.

Latest posts