Middle Age - Are You Older Than You Think?

Help Support CattleToday:

Rode somewhere every week I wasn't banged up.
My running buddy was good enough and on his way to the PRCA
until that one bull ended it for him. I was just good enough to place when my wife told she was expecting I hung it up.

Caustic Burno":38zgezyy said:
until that one bull ended it for him. I was just good enough to place when my wife told she was expecting I hung it up.
probably a good idea getting hurt/killed when its just your problem is one thing getting hurt/killed with a wife and kids is a whole nother thing

Caustic Burno":lot17my0 said:
You were too big CB. Should have been a steer rasler. Could have really torn up some knees, ankles and other bones. :hide:

TexasBred":18mcxvtn said:
Caustic Burno":18mcxvtn said:
You were too big CB. Should have been a steer rasler. Could have really torn up some knees, ankles and other bones. :hide:
Tried it just didn't make sense digging furrows deep enough to plant taters, don't say roping either as they expect you to be fast.

Caustic Burno":1wvixlh2 said:
TexasBred":1wvixlh2 said:
Caustic Burno":1wvixlh2 said:
Tried it just didn't make sense digging furrows deep enough to plant taters, don't say roping either as they expect you to be fast.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

My late father-in-law rodeo'd in his younger days as well. Probably back in the 40's into the early 50's. He did some bull riding, but bronc riding and steer wrestling were his favorites. He must have loved it, he had so many scars on his legs and everywhere else, crooked bones etc. Looked like he had gotten into a fight with a locomotive. :?

TexasBred":btsqqg1c said:
Caustic Burno":btsqqg1c said:
Tried steer rastling once, ONCE. Green horse at the game, stupid rider, smart steer. Dam steer slammed on the brakes enough that I did a nose dive to the ground but he didn;t slam them on well enough to not run over the top of me. Wen;t back to bareback riding.
Even at 17 I realized I wouldn;t be able to stand many more landings like that.

Caustic Burno":p8k4h3qb said:
Ez this was fifty years ago

I rode a many of a bull to the buzzer there is a lot going wrong in this picture.
That bull put something on me that a mom kiss wouldn't fix or Ajax take off.

And I was just gonna ask if you made a habit of riding that far behind your rope. :lol2: My career didn't last near that long. Only a few summers before I figured out I didn't have the talent.

That hateful beast dang near drug me off on the gate.
Remember like it was yesterday you remember the ones that beat you.
I stayed with him for three more crow hops and was gone.
Really wasn't a bad bucking bull other than he had learned to scrape you off. Then it was on cause he had eating somebody alive on his mind.

TexasBred":2faz2s38 said:
Slick I don't think that was his original seat. That was where the bull wanted him. (for a second)
:help: That was the way not to do it for sure when I dug that out
thought to myself that was worse than I remembered.

Caustic Burno":3s6r3f8w said:
TexasBred":3s6r3f8w said:
Slick I don't think that was his original seat. That was where the bull wanted him. (for a second)
:help: That was the way not to do it for sure when I dug that out
thought to myself that was worse than I remembered.

I thought about commenting on your style But then I thought it is not like a comment from me is going to put CB on the road to a gold buckle.

I could spur the hair off a bareback but I seem to remember doing it a lot for 7 seconds. Dang slow moving stop watches anyway.

I had a guy who was a pretty good hand teach me how to mark one out. After that I very rarely missed one out. Thinking back I don't know why it was but I sure remember hitting the ground just about the time the whistle blew an awful lot. I never was a bronc rider. I couldn't master getting my feet to the front end. I have a son in law who was 8th in the world in saddle bronc at one point in time. He got hurt mid summer and ended up 18th in the standings when the NFR rolled around.

Last time I got on a bronc I got in a storm and rode it out until the far end. I was limping back towards the stands cause my inside right thigh was burning like crazy. I must have been looking down until I heard thunder coming at me. About the time I look up the bronc passed me on my right and the pick up man on my left spinning me down. How I got out of that unhurt I'll never know. My inner thigh was bruised from my knee to my nether region.

Back before we knew what a good head gate and pens were for been in more danger snubbing a cow up to a tree to doctor or pull a calf.
Never got knocked out riding had a F1 girl put me out cold before
wasn't paying attention.

Latest posts