Middle Age - Are You Older Than You Think?

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
I use to think the prime of life started at 22 middle age at 40 and old began at 60
Some say old is always 15 years older than your current age.
A few facts showing you may be older than you think.

Half of the world's entire population is under 29.7 and half are over 29.7
Of course it differs from country to country. In Japan it's 46.1
Canada 41.7 (for men 40.4 and 43 for women)
In Mexico middle age is 27.3 with 1/2 of the entire population over and 1/2 under.
In Iraq 21.5 Afghanistan 18.1 and Ethiopia 17.6

In the USA we hit middle age at 37.6 ...for men 36.3 and women at 39.
So when you hit 40 you are already past middle age. Actually when you hit 30 if you measure by the world standard.

I look at it more simply than that. If you don;t expect to live past 60, 30 is middle age. If you expect to life till your 90, 45 is middle age.

Son of Butch":17wxn1ze said:
dun":17wxn1ze said:
I look at it more simply than that. If you don;t expect to live past 60, 30 is middle age. If you expect to life till your 90, 45 is middle age.
Expectations are often wrong. in example EPDs :D
Or that I never expected to till past 55. That was the year I had bypass and now I'm well past that

dun":2skx1frx said:
Son of Butch":2skx1frx said:
dun":2skx1frx said:
Expectations are often wrong. in example EPDs :D
Or that I never expected to till past 55. That was the year I had bypass and now I'm well past that

I hear you if I thought I was going to live to be this old I would have taken it easier on myself.
The only job I am qualified for now is testing metal detectors at airports.

I'm middle age at US standard.. darned near on the button... another couple years to be middle age in canadian standards

greybeard":3ezs1ocy said:
No you wouldn't have CB nor would I have. We'd pretty much do it just like we did.
I've always maintained that it's all that stuff you did that made you who you are today. If someone doesn;t like who they are they maybe should have done things different. As for me, I wouldn;t have changed a thing, might should but too dam stubborn to.

dun":5qe7cdw9 said:
greybeard":5qe7cdw9 said:
No you wouldn't have CB nor would I have. We'd pretty much do it just like we did.
I've always maintained that it's all that stuff you did that made you who you are today. If someone doesn;t like who they are they maybe should have done things different. As for me, I wouldn;t have changed a thing, might should but too dam stubborn to.

I think I would have passed on the bull riding on the do over.

Caustic Burno":2sfk542h said:
dun":2sfk542h said:
greybeard":2sfk542h said:

I did the first time around, I prefered broncs. Pretty near the same results in the long run

Caustic Burno":2w0p3ak1 said:
dun":2w0p3ak1 said:
greybeard":2w0p3ak1 said:

I want to try bull riding i probably wouldn`t do it a lot just a little

Good way to get boogered up . My running partner at the time ended up messed up for life. Never forget at Sealy Tx on a bull named Mission Impossible I bucked out the bull before him.
The Bulls today are more rank than when I rode. I rode a lot to the buzzer and looking at today's stock I wouldn't been considered pretty good but horrible

Caustic Burno":2rl0lj53 said:
Good way to get boogered up . My running partner at the time ended up messed up for life. Never forget at Sealy Tx on a bull named Mission Impossible I bucked out the bull before him.
The Bulls today are more rank than when I rode. I rode a lot to the buzzer and looking at today's stock I wouldn't been considered pretty good but horrible
i dont know that i ever will do it but its something i have wanted to do for a few years now. Theres a place my brother went to ride before im not sure where its at but i dont think its to far away. And you can pay to get a class on how to ride then you get to ride im not sure on the price but i think its like $100

Son of Butch":2jvmsvpm said:
One of my favorite T-shirts I saw at a rodeo....
"RIDE BULLS
MEET NURSES"
After missing a lot of dates becuase of riding broncs, I discovered that the girls liked anyone that had anything to do with rodeo. I learned right then that a pickup man gets as many girls as the riders but usually actually are healthy enough to go on the date.

I am counting on genetics also. My mother lived to be 91, my maternal grandmother 93, my dad passed away suddenly at 68, his mother passed away at 57, but her father lived to be 102.
I have my dad's type A personality, so I may not make it to my nineties.
Approaching 70 this year, but in my thinking I feel like 35. I am thankful for each year and will continue to think young and make the best of each day.

ez14":uxkvtzei said:
Caustic Burno":uxkvtzei said:
i dont know that i ever will do it but its something i have wanted to do for a few years now. Theres a place my brother went to ride before im not sure where its at but i dont think its to far away. And you can pay to get a class on how to ride then you get to ride im not sure on the price but i think its like $100
Pay yourself 200 not to.

Latest posts