Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3MR":39806vtd said:
And why are people getting on him because he has some money to spend? Its his money and he can do what he wants with it. It takes money to make money.

Sure he can, but I don't think it is about money...it's about breeding and selection decisions with a shotgun approach.

P.S. It dosn't always take money to make money..right HC? ;-)

1848":lia4o91f said:
Hill Creek Farm":lia4o91f said:
I had that idea, but DeShazer was a little quicker at marketing it. Take care. :cboy:

:roll: Yes, and everybody keeps stealing the names of bulls that you had considered first...right? ;-)
No, not really. Never had that problem before. I was talking with Tim Lockhart about it and he kind of laughed about it. Anyway, take care. :cboy:

1848":23foam09 said:
3MR":23foam09 said:
And why are people getting on him because he has some money to spend? Its his money and he can do what he wants with it. It takes money to make money.

Sure he can, but I don't think it is about money...it's about breeding and selection decisions with a shotgun approach.

P.S. It dosn't always take money to make money..right HC? ;-)
Its all about breeding, selection, management, record keeping, registering cattle, and performance.

It takes money to get you a little bit further down the road which you puruse to take, buts thats about it. It can get you in trouble quicker than avything. Take care. :cboy:

Alan":1poz1nw7 said:
Hill Creek,

Just wanted to say you take the heat as well as anyone I have ever saw one these boards... my hats off to you.Alan

This is true....but it makes me wonder if he ever has time to raise cattle and do "breeders" work if he is "always" on this board...day after day.....after day! :shock:

Keep going HC I'll get GURU yet! :lol2:

1848":47ji88bq said:
Alan":47ji88bq said:
Hill Creek,

Just wanted to say you take the heat as well as anyone I have ever saw one these boards... my hats off to you.Alan

This is true....but it makes me wonder if he ever has time to raise cattle and do "breeders" work if he is "always" on this board...day after day.....after day! :shock:

Keep going HC I'll get GURU yet! :lol2:
Actually, I was building fence today, till it started raining. Pretty good shower lasted for about 20 minutes. :cboy:

mtnman":15nzwsmj said:
Let me get thsi right, HCF, you breed the cows, then pull the bulls, then preg check, and if they aren't pregnant you turn the bulls right back out?

In other words, you have no defined breeding season.

You are not putting any pressure on the cows ability to calve on time?

And then you are going to talk about how great your cows are?

mtnman

I was wondering the same thing? I'm guessing those are the cows that get sold in the registered sale in Virginia, when most probably should go bye bye.

You call that breeding for performance HC? :roll: :shock: :lol:

1848":2bskob54 said:
mtnman":2bskob54 said:
Let me get thsi right, HCF, you breed the cows, then pull the bulls, then preg check, and if they aren't pregnant you turn the bulls right back out?

In other words, you have no defined breeding season.

You are not putting any pressure on the cows ability to calve on time?

And then you are going to talk about how great your cows are?

mtnman

I was wondering the same thing? I'm guessing those are the cows that get sold in the registered sale in Virginia, when most probably should go bye bye.

You call that breeding for performance HC? :roll: :shock: :lol:
Go back and read the post I sent DOC Harris and that explains it a little better. Take care. :cboy:

Hill Creek Farm":1iwz1ub5 said:
I tried buying Freedom one time, but I didn't do it. Still regret that I didn't. I am a big fan of his sire, Intensifier. :cboy:

:roll: Just a kid in a candy store...you are!

1848":1of3u6um said:
Hill Creek Farm":1of3u6um said:
I am a big boy now and I can take care of myself. :cboy:

Well YEHAWWW son!

Take care! :cboy:
Thanks 1848. I turned a man, because now I am 21 years and legal to do just about anything I want, just keep it on a legal level. Did you read that ad I wrote DOC Harris about my breeding program on page 7? :cboy:

1848":glijic9s said:
Hill Creek Farm":glijic9s said:
I tried buying Freedom one time, but I didn't do it. Still regret that I didn't. I am a big fan of his sire, Intensifier. :cboy:

:roll: Just a kid in a candy store...you are!
Kind of true. I really was going to buy this bull and didn't due to the fact that he had a big BW and very bad CE. :cboy:

mtnman":2ci9lwa6 said:
Well, kiddo, from last week of March to mid-July is just the same as having no defined breeding season to me.

That would be right at 110 days by my estimation. Twice as long as it should be, or nearly so. That is giving the cows up front 6 chances to breed.

Then they go out again about Christmas?

For how long then, same deal? Another 110 days? Oh wait, it can't be, that would mean you pulled them out about mid-April, but they are already out with the cows then.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mtnman":2ci9lwa6 said:
Think about it. If you don't pull the bulls until all the cows are bred, then you are not putting any pressure on fertility. You will be guaranteed to reach your goals of high perforamance this way, but the price will be cow size, milk and fertility. Too much size, too much milk, too little fertility.

Right on Mtnman!

1848":2y0s6snx said:
mtnman":2y0s6snx said:
Well, kiddo, from last week of March to mid-July is just the same as having no defined breeding season to me.

That would be right at 110 days by my estimation. Twice as long as it should be, or nearly so. That is giving the cows up front 6 chances to breed.

Then they go out again about Christmas?

For how long then, same deal? Another 110 days? Oh wait, it can't be, that would mean you pulled them out about mid-April, but they are already out with the cows then.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mtnman":2y0s6snx said:
Think about it. If you don't pull the bulls until all the cows are bred, then you are not putting any pressure on fertility. You will be guaranteed to reach your goals of high perforamance this way, but the price will be cow size, milk and fertility. Too much size, too much milk, too little fertility.

Right on Mtnman!
Did you read my article I wrote DOC yet? I am not a big fan of Mtnman. :cboy:

Ellie May":2y0s6snx said:
Howdy,
I like the way the bull looks. I didn't know there was a Hereford Farm in Franklin that's not that far away.
Thank you,
Candice

:shock: :shock: Comb your hair HC! :p :lol:

After a years absence you just drop in without so much as "I'm back"?

dun

Hill Creek Farm":24xcw33q said:
I really was going to buy this bull and didn't due to the fact that he had a big BW and very bad CE. :cboy:

See? That wasn't that hard? :D

Hill Creek Farm":3n5fhwes said:
I am not a big fan of Mtnman. :cboy:

He is liable to help you more then hurt you if you listen to what he is telling you. Maybe you should hire him as a ranch manager.

Latest posts