Job offers

Help Support CattleToday:

you only have to load 20 bales/hr at a Nickle a bale to get $1/hr..
If you were able would you do it for $1 an hour now? Or how much would it take. My problem is I will work for whatever extra money I can get. If it's $5, $8, $10, $20, $50 an hour and I'm not doing anything else I figure it's money I don't have.

probably not.
If you were able would you do it for $1 an hour now? Or how much would it take. My problem is I will work for whatever extra money I can get. If it's $5, $8, $10, $20, $50 an hour and I'm not doing anything else I figure it's money I don't have.

Congrats! You will enjoy retirement for sure. You can work and do your own special projects at your own pace. No stress...just pure enjoyment. Besides working for others (their dreams) and money are overrated. I retired 4 years ago on my 55th birthday. Having caught pneumonia at 54-3/4's and sincerely praying repeatedly to God to Die, (literally) I was done in life, I wanted to go. God stepped-in, gave me a message and showed me a few things...what I was doing wrong...so I changed my life in a dramatic manner. All my life I had some-kind of Howard Hughes wealth hoarding sickness...so now, i'm happy to report I'm a dying wealth battery....Even the land and cattle infrastructure has really help deliver me from my own evils....I feel normal now. I have new found cattle friends that beg me for a ripe banana every time I go to see them. Can't beat that. Life is good, God is good...Please God.

Well today is my last day on the job. Kinda feels odd to think about not doing a full time job after all these years.
Good thing is I can get up tomorrow morning and go bear hunting and not care what is happening at work. I might like it after all.
I

Mr. Thomas> It is OK to retire but not to quit. Remember the decision to retire is yours.
The control thereof is Adonai's. Rejoice each day and be blessed. LVR

The question is, will you do it for my price?

Kenny, all you've done is reject a regular paycheck…the "paycheck" you will get now might not always be $$.

At some point, when your retired life becomes overly busy, I hope you will learn to say no. It's ok to slow down and enjoy watching everyone else scurry about.
I agree fully!!

Being your own boss doesn't have to mean always working for a tyrant.
If you don't have time to stop and smell the roses at least slow down occasionally and look at them as you pass by on the way to deposit the checks.

I agree fully!!

Being your own boss doesn't have to mean always working for a tyrant.
If you don't have time to stop and smell the roses at least slow down occasionally and look at them as you pass by on the way to deposit the checks.
I'm taking it easy today bear hunting. Riding the jeep in places most people would pay good money to ride and see. Treed 1 bear earlier, running another one now.

Congrats, Old Man!

I've yet to hear anyone complain about retirement!

No, but I've heard some wives complain about having their husbands around the house all day. Especially the ones like my father-in-law, whose engineer brain couldn't resist giving my mother-in-law helpful suggestions about better and more efficient ways to do things around the house.

I stay busy most of the time. But there are days like today. It was -7 when I got up this morning. I took about 20 minutes to feed the calves. Now I am considering making a sandwich for lunch.

Latest posts