Small processer job

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence said:
HDRider said:
callmefence said:
So I was right apparently.
If telling the truth means no filter. Your right, I'm proud.
Right about what? Again you operate on nothing but assumptions.

I have probably made more capital investments in one year, twenty years running, than you have made in your entire life. Is that what you are right about? I can make assumptions to.

Right about me trying to make a living off cattle. Son, I made my money. I am just trying to do a few cattle, to turn a few dollars. Is that what you were right about?

Like I said, if you are so blind as to not see what is wrong in the cattle business, then I can't help you. You gotta want to see.

Honest, no, you are just just loud, filled with too much false pride.

My pride is earned by more work than you've done in your life. Honest in I dare you catch me being dishonest. Two years ago you didn't know what end of a cow to feed. Now your a self proclaimed expert on everything to do with the cattle, slaughter and meat process business. You don't know Jack SON except what comes across your computer screen. I would rather be loud with pride than the constant crybaby you've become.

And to think...I start a thread about a small processer with the ambition and guts to do exactly what we need, and you jump in to point out why they shouldn't..... MAYBE THEY KNOW THEIR BUSINESS...of course I know you believe that you know it better.

Hopefully with pilgrims pride ceo and four others being charged with price fixing the feds will actually start to look at price fixing . I know several states attorney generals are pushing for more investigations of price fixing. Yes pilgrims pride is a chicken processor,but what isnt as obvious is they are a division of jbs . So they now have enough to charge on division of jbs with price fixing do you really believe it isnt happening in the beef devision as well?

callmefence said:
18 hours till they need to open back up.

So I see a chute setting in the middle. Just curious; do you know how they stun them? Isn't harder to get a knocked str out of a chute if he's in the headgate? I get that the side opens and they use a winch probably.
One local butcher used to have a "box" with no head catch. They reached over the side with a captive bolt. Once the str was knocked, the side of the chute swung up and the beef rolled out.

SBMF 2015 said:
callmefence said:

So I see a chute setting in the middle. Just curious; do you know how they stun them? Isn't harder to get a knocked str out of a chute if he's in the headgate? I get that the side opens and they use a winch probably.
One local butcher used to have a "box" with no head catch. They reached over the side with a captive bolt. Once the str was knocked, the side of the chute swung up and the beef rolled out.

The front of the chute when finished will have bars welded across. There will be a gap so the head gate will be functional. But nothing will ever go out the front. The head catch is needed because they won't be stunned, just cut.

There are several processors in this area that are more than a year out. I booked a steer for Sept 23...2021. The other closest was a week earlier. If a guy knew what he was doing I honestly think a processor could open up and do very well. Even before the rush that hit lately it was usually a month or so wait.

HDRider said:
callmefence said:
HDRider said:
I am always amazed when someone defines themselves and others on pure assumption.

I can't help a blind man see. You think because you have no filter it gives you a ticket to mouth off, and you are proud of it.

I have probably made more capital investments in one year, twenty years running, than you have made in your entire life. Is that what you are right about? I can make assumptions to.

Right about me trying to make a living off cattle. Son, I made my money. I am just trying to do a few cattle, to turn a few dollars. Is that what you were right about?

Like I said, if you are so blind as to not see what is wrong in the cattle business, then I can't help you. You gotta want to see.

I assume you made most of those " capital investments with someone else's money...lol
That's alright rider you go ahead and count that..

Coming right along.

callmefence said:
HDRider said:
callmefence said:

My pride is earned by more work than you've done in your life. Honest in I dare you catch me being dishonest. Two years ago you didn't know what end of a cow to feed. Now your a self proclaimed expert on everything to do with the cattle, slaughter and meat process business. You don't know Jack SON except what comes across your computer screen. I would rather be loud with pride than the constant crybaby you've become.

Again, you spout off with nothing but name calling, hollow bragging, and chest thumping. It must suck being you.

callmefence said:
SBMF 2015 said:
callmefence said:

The front of the chute when finished will have bars welded across. There will be a gap so the head gate will be functional. But nothing will ever go out the front. The head catch is needed because they won't be stunned, just cut.

So is it a Kosher butcher?

SBMF 2015 said:
callmefence said:
SBMF 2015 said:

Muslim.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
SBMF 2015 said:
callmefence said:

Muslim.

I think Halal is the word you're looking for.

HDRider said:
callmefence said:
HDRider said:

Again, you spout off with nothing but name calling, hollow bragging, and chest thumping. It must suck being you.
The pot calling the kettle black

Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
SBMF 2015 said:

Muslim.

Nope. Muslim works just fine.
ha·lal
/həˈläl,ˈhalal/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
denoting or relating to meat prepared as prescribed by Muslim law.
"halal butchers"
noun

Usually butchers are 2 to 3 months out here anyway. I agree it would be a good time to open a shop or existing ones to expand. Opportunity is knocking. I dont have the desire or financial ability right now.
That being said, it's easy for me to say what someone else could do. Just run harder. For shots sake, open up and go to work on Saturday and Sunday just like the rest of us. That back log will disappear quick! And the debt will too!
Some people dont WANT to work that hard....
Remember when u used to WANT it? That's what it takes my friends.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

ha·lal
/həˈläl,ˈhalal/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
"halal butchers"
noun

The last dam place I would want my livestock to end up at.

gcreekrch said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Buck Randall said:

ha·lal
/həˈläl,ˈhalal/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
"halal butchers"
noun

The last dam place I would want my livestock to end up at.

I can help you with that Creek.

Although these guys do slaughter that is not halal. So it won't work completely I guess. They buy their stock at auction, and to qualify to halal it must be "unblemished" no docked tails ,cut ears, cut nuts, etc. It's kinda like their prime. Plenty of the meat that leaves (like my two steers wouldn't be halal..... unfortunately not prime either... ;-)

Most of the processors around here were booked months ahead before all of this started. I've visited with the folks that run the plant we've used as long as I can remember. They just don't believe that demand will continue at these current levels for very long - in fact they don't really expect that most of these people they've never dealt with or even heard of before, many of them from a long distance away, will actually fill the multiple appointments they've made 12-18 months in advance. I tend to agree - chances are pretty good that either most folks will go back to buying meat at the store and not really worrying about what it costs, or they may not be able to afford it either way, depending on which way the economy goes.

There is a nice, fairly new, small processing facility not far away that was for sale recently. The other processors nearby all said they couldn't keep enough good help as it is, much less try to run another one. I've heard that they've quit trying to sell it, but are taking no new customers.

I was talking to a guy yesterday that sells a lot of steers direct and he said that he was booking spots at some processors for October 2021.

By the way, to those of you that sell direct to the consumer, how do you charge? Do you go by live weight or hanging weight? Also, what do you charge?

callmefence said:
Correct.
Here's a couple of steers they did for me hanging in my cooler. We do the final processing ourselves.

Sorry, I am late to this thread Fence, but do you also have a vacuum sealer and flash freezer? It seems like a big investment just to process for personal use.

Latest posts