Job offer

Help Support CattleToday:

Boogie where at in KS you can pm me? I know about northern KS but not so much central and southern. Beautiful rolling hills north of I-70 for most of the state, nice cattle country.

NECowboy":2cxf0j7w said:
bball":2cxf0j7w said:
I left Texas in Oct of 1999. To this day, I still have mixed feelings about that decision.

You like IN? Southern IN has some pretty country, northern gets quite the winters and lake effect snow storms.

Hmmm, it's OK. I grew up very near Lake Michigan...an unfortunate circumstance brought me back to IN in 2006. I guess it's OK because it's familiar.
I have lived in AR, IN, TX, MS, FL, NM, GA, IA, and NY. I loved TX best with AR a very close second. If I move again, it will be to AR, TX or KY. That's it.

bball":nebygug9 said:
NECowboy":nebygug9 said:
bball":nebygug9 said:
I left Texas in Oct of 1999. To this day, I still have mixed feelings about that decision.

You like IN? Southern IN has some pretty country, northern gets quite the winters and lake effect snow storms.

Hmmm, it's OK. I grew up very near Lake Michigan...an unfortunate circumstance brought me back to IN in 2006. I guess it's OK because it's familiar.
I have lived in AR, IN, TX, MS, FL, NM, GA, IA, and NY. I loved TX best with AR a very close second. If I move again, it will be to AR, TX or KY. That's it.

Grandparents lived in Long Beach near Michigan City during retirement. Long Beach was beautiful as were the Dunes but Michigan City was economically depressed little town and not crazy about rest of Northern Indiana. It appears like it's mostly corn country there and not a lot of cattle. I love NE because we have the hills and wide open where you can see for miles, great for ranching, hunting, and laid back and really rural, some of it is really flat and boring like lot of Indiana, Ohio, Illinois etc but not part I live in. I know I've heard southern IN is pretty. You've lived a lot of places.

greybeard":tvtofcbb said:
Not enough $$ on the planet to get me to move from this state again.
Good luck.

I felt exactly the same way the last time I was close to retiring. Had I been a younger man I would have pondered it. Doubt they could come up with enough to get me to go to Indiana.
Boogie Ks has some fine deer hunting along with pheasant it already has two points

Caustic Burno":15qrdvgk said:
greybeard":15qrdvgk said:
Good luck.

I felt exactly the same way the last time I was close to retiring. Had I been a younger man I would have pondered it. Doubt they could come up with enough to get me to go to Indiana.
Boogie Ks has some fine deer hunting along with pheasant it already has two points

Yep I live not far from ks border, deer hunting here and in northern ks is exquisite. Pheasants don't see enough of them but regaining population. Turkey hunting is good but i enjoy deer hunting the most.

We don't have many pheasants but the quail are starting to come back & we're overrun with turkeys - they even hang out in our front yard. Very nice whitetail around here!

Boogie, I grew up in KS, lived here most of my life, may be able to provide community info if you have any questions.

Caustic Burno":1md7i7or said:
greybeard":1md7i7or said:
Good luck.

Indiana deer hunting is pretty good CB..and the pheasant are coming back pretty strong. The cold is so delightful and some years, the snow is never ending...that should be like 3.5 points right there. :D . Seriously, had circumstances been different, I would never have come back. Glad I did now. Amazing woman can sure change a man's mind.

I'm not going back to work. But I'm going to start looking for a summer place in the mountains within a 6-7 hour drive from here. I'm tired of the heat.
A good woman has a way of changing a man's mind and making things right. Boggie, family first, $money's not everything.

I bought a place in Arizona, between flagstaff and Sedona. Planned on moving and raising cattle there. Could not of had a better neighbor who I bought my 200 acres from. The people from Sedona are " Gods gift to the World". The folks from Flagstaff are ok but hate people from other states especially California. Unfortunately , Charlie, the gentleman I bought my land from passed away. His son-in-law is now overseeing the ranch. He is a nice guy , but wants to split up and sell the ranch into forty acre tracts. He has sold a couple of sixty and eighty parcels. I could see myself being surrounded by temporary folks. I decided to not be there permanently. I bought forty more acres to protect my property and leased it to a fellow rancher down the canyon. Love the area but it is far from my family and I need family more than I realized.

Cross-7":otpoxv1k said:
Tell you a story
My first territory was South Ks and north Oklahoma
First shot I had I transferef back to TX/OK
I wish everyday I'd of stayed in Ks

You can't beat Tx and Ok politics but Ks is a really good part of the world.

Whatever you decided you'll fine
Both are good places to live
Had an uncle moved from Sheridan, Wyoming to Park, Kansas. Said he damm near froze to death every year. He did die there and probably froze to death. :lol2:

Congratulations. Don't know what I'd do but it would have to be a big payday for me to budge because I plan on opening my anvil repair shop here in Georgia in a few years.

Caustic Burno":3tvsgmxw said:
greybeard":3tvsgmxw said:
Good luck.

And then some:

bball":2f77vc14 said:
NECowboy":2f77vc14 said:
bball":2f77vc14 said:

bb where did you live in Texas if you dont' mind me asking?

TexasBred":2mcml0qs said:
bball":2mcml0qs said:
NECowboy":2mcml0qs said:

bb where did you live in Texas if you dont' mind me asking?

Don't mind at all. Rented a place in north Houston-right off of 1960 and a few miles west of I-45. Finally settled over in Normangee. I loved that area. Grown quite a bit from what I understand. I had the good fortune to see an awful lot of the state- and not just from the interstates. I miss it.

greybeard":361caf7x said:
Caustic Burno":361caf7x said:
greybeard":361caf7x said:
Good luck.

And then some:

Looks like they're flying over Texas too buddy! :lol2: The thing is I don't really care for they so please fly over on your way to the crowded coasts!!!

NECowboy":1fzmqdns said:
greybeard":1fzmqdns said:
Caustic Burno":1fzmqdns said:
And then some:

Looks like they're flying over Texas too buddy! :lol2: The thing is I don't really care for they so please fly over on your way to the crowded coasts!!!
That's my flight and drive paths over my adult lifetime going places I spent more than 1 month at. I left here when I was 18 and it took me decades to get moved back and I'm not leaving again.

greybeard":3sgq41ce said:
NECowboy":3sgq41ce said:
greybeard":3sgq41ce said:
And then some:

That's my flight and drive paths over my adult lifetime going places I spent more than 1 month at. I left here when I was 18 and it took me decades to get moved back and I'm not leaving again.

I see but the most important thing is why leave behind your land and cattle operation? They will have to tase me multiple times to leave my land and strap me down and sedate me! I plan on living on my land til I die and haunting it after i die if my heirs don't take care of it! :lol2:

TexasBred":191kills said:
Cross-7":191kills said:
Tell you a story
My first territory was South Ks and north Oklahoma
First shot I had I transferef back to TX/OK
I wish everyday I'd of stayed in Ks

You can't beat Tx and Ok politics but Ks is a really good part of the world.

Whatever you decided you'll fine
Both are good places to live
Had an uncle moved from Sheridan, Wyoming to Park, Kansas. Said he damm near froze to death every year. He did die there and probably froze to death. :lol2:

Freeze in the winter and fry in the summer welcome to the plains! :lol2: At least none of that sickly humidity, in South Carolina this week and the temperature ain't too bad but the air is so wet today it rained off and on every ten minutes like a woman who couldn't make up her mind!

Latest posts