Identify The Snake

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":3ei83ebr said:
chrisy":3ei83ebr said:
Jogeephus":3ei83ebr said:
Looks like a cottonmouth to me. Could be a brown water snake too but I don't think ya'll have these in Kentucky. Just paint it blue and let it go so it can't scare anybody. :lol2:
Jo why do you like painting them blue???? I must say that snake did look better for it. :lol2: :lol2:

I was just making fun since I caught a lot of flack over doing it. But snakes have a way of just APPEARING out of nowhere and when they do they really make your heart beat. The one I painted struck my snake chaps and scared the begeeshus out of me and when I finally returned to earth the only thing I had in my hand was my paint gun and I just let her have it in retaliation for the bite. I figure she got off easy with a new paint job and she sure wouldn't be sneaking up on anyone for a few days anyhow. :nod:
i here that any time i go paint balling thers atleast 5 lizards and snakes are all red and pink and blue..... they look all hippyish when there tie died with my paint ball gun

I saw that darn blue snake in my barn the other day, had to go change my bloomers. :help:
I say KILL IT........I know its on it's way over here with thoese pictures you sold it. :(

show steer up":3dy58d11 said:
I saw that darn blue snake in my barn the other day, had to go change my bloomers. :help:
I say KILL IT........I know its on it's way over here with thoese pictures you sold it. :(

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Is it safe to say you have never had a pet snake? :lol2: :lol2:

hay,

i got a story for u people!!!when i was little my mom saw a snake like 3 yard sticks long. :shock: it mad here scared :eek: and it was coming for me and my brother we were about 2 and 4, she told me this story.so my mom ran and went in the car and drove over it like five times and then took a shovel and hit it.lol :lol: :lol: :lol: my dad got sooooo mad because he didnt think the snake would of hurt us. my mom is way afraid of snakes.lol but so am i lol :lol: .that snake was the longest snake my mom ever seen. :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Jogeephus":1pdhalak said:
show steer up":1pdhalak said:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Is it safe to say you have never had a pet snake? :lol2: :lol2:
ILL TAKE THAT BET :D

Jogeephus":2kbvvhyt said:
show steer up":2kbvvhyt said:

OMG, dig me a grave.................one of the twins has a wooden fake snake, they love putting it around the house. I sware that dang thing is made well :( :mad:
But if I ever get a snake, it's name will be "dead" :D

blue ribbon steer":lsjuo4hl said:
hay,

i got a story for u people!!!when i was little my mom saw a snake like 3 yard sticks long. :shock: it mad here scared :eek: and it was coming for me and my brother we were about 2 and 4, she told me this story.so my mom ran and went in the car and drove over it like five times and then took a shovel and hit it.lol :lol: :lol: :lol: my dad got sooooo mad because he didnt think the snake would of hurt us. my mom is way afraid of snakes.lol but so am i lol :lol: .that snake was the longest snake my mom ever seen. :lol: :lol:

That was probably just a common black snake. they do get big, and big around. I saw one on our bottom a few years back, made me do a double take, it was massive. Never saw it again.

GMN

Politician?

Where?

Oh wait, you are talking about the kind that slither around.

Shoot, I'm still not sure what to look for. :)

All I can tell is that it looks like a snake minding its own business ~ leave it be I'd say.

If it had a stubby blunt tail rather than a longer skinny tail I'd say it was a Cottenmouth. In any event every snake I see around here gets the hot end of that Judge I bought. :nod:

should have shot it with the gun and not hte camera and then asked us. or you could have gotten a better picture after you took the shovel to it. Next time do that, then ask us what breed.

I haven't found a snake around my place yet that I need to let live.
They may be of benifit to the farm, but they sure ain't much benifit when they startle the pee-waddin out of me.

Cal

we have an aggresive water snake in my area that is a non poisonous variety. If you huck rocks at them, they will strike out at every single one. I've shot one though and pried open it's mouth post mortom, and it had no fangs. From all the reading I've done, the only poisonous snake I have found that has no fangs are a coral snake, and those are pretty easy to spot with the stripes on it. So I've concluded that what I have in my creek aren't cotton mouth, but I still leave them alone, because they are so aggressive. (leave them alone, unless I have a 22 on me that is. )

GMN":fudqrjaz said:
blue ribbon steer":fudqrjaz said:
hay,

That was probably just a common black snake. they do get big, and big around. I saw one on our bottom a few years back, made me do a double take, it was massive. Never saw it again.

GMN

Yes, I had a really really really big one living in the barn at my last house. It stayed in the corner and I didn't go near that corner. That was his corner.

Lammie":585exiw1 said:
Yes, I had a really really really big one living in the barn at my last house. It stayed in the corner and I didn't go near that corner. That was his corner.

Not only would that have been his corner, it would have been HIS barn too

Could be one of several species of water snake, but just to venture a guess......I'll go with the Broad Banded Water Snake.

Next time get us a picture of it's head from about 18", that way we can look at the scale pattern for positive identification. :D

once while swimming in the river, my,, a little more than petite cousin only wore cut off shorts and a sweat shirts when she swam. we were jumping and splashing around. well she jumps up one time and there is a cottonmouth with its fangs hung in her shirt. she was able too jerk it off without getting bit.. ..needless to say we were on the bank in a matter of seconds ;-) the GOOD LORD saved me several times from bites one time while i was fishing had wadded out about knee deep and a strang feeling came over me , i turned around and there was one swimming right at me i went too high steppin' it ;-)

a couple years ago i had the steer tied up by a hayloft and outta no where, an old pin snake came out, it musta been every bit of 7 ft :eek: :eek: :eek: went right between my steers legs, wish he woulda stomped that sob.

another day i was walkin barefoot to the barn and in mid stride looked down and had come this close * holds up two index fingers a couple inches apart* to stepping right on that big snake, ran back to the house and got the treefittyseven and took care of that.....

was goin to feed chickens, got to the door and another pine snake is coiled in the chicken wire a little above my head, he could got my face.... nothin the treefittyseven couldnt handle though :tiphat: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Latest posts