Identify The Snake

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":1ftqllof said:
Lammie":1ftqllof said:
Yes, I had a really really really big one living in the barn at my last house. It stayed in the corner and I didn't go near that corner. That was his corner.

Not only would that have been his corner, it would have been HIS barn too
But not for long, I wold have bug bombed the bageebies out of him. Then the kids wold be mad, because I ruined all their animals feed :(
One good thing.............."Dead snake" :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dixon_Club_Calves":16n244nd said:
a couple years ago i had the steer tied up by a hayloft and outta no where, an old pin snake came out, it musta been every bit of 7 ft :eek: :eek: :eek: went right between my steers legs, wish he woulda stomped that sob.

another day i was walkin barefoot to the barn and in mid stride looked down and had come this close * holds up two index fingers a couple inches apart* to stepping right on that big snake, ran back to the house and got the treefittyseven and took care of that.....

was goin to feed chickens, got to the door and another pine snake is coiled in the chicken wire a little above my head, he could got my face.... nothin the treefittyseven couldnt handle though :tiphat: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: My hero :cboy: :clap: :clap: :clap:
go get um :D :D

Once upon a time my grandmother was hoeing the garden and a Rattler bit her hoe handle.

It swoll so big my Grandaddy sawed it up for lumber to build a chickenhouse.

About a week later the swelling went down and smothered 500 chickens.

True story.

Had a friend of mine do the same thing with a copperhead, only he used it for a ridgepole in the hog barn. Same results.

First liar doesn;t stand a chance. Probably the second doesn;t either

MikeC":1n5kji0p said:
Once upon a time my grandmother was hoeing the garden and a Rattler bit her hoe handle.

It swoll so big my Grandaddy sawed it up for lumber to build a chickenhouse.

About a week later the swelling went down and smothered 500 chickens.

True story.
your grandmaw musta been a snake handler.......... hoe handle. axe handle

TREY-L":1in1lutf said:
Could be one of several species of water snake, but just to venture a guess......I'll go with the Broad Banded Water Snake.

Next time get us a picture of it's head from about 18", that way we can look at the scale pattern for positive identification. :D

I agree with your id.

As I said earlier, on my computer thats a really good pic and I can easily and clearly see the head. It just doesn't post very well and I don't have the software to crop and enlarge it before posting. I may be able to get a better one, zoom in a bit more, but I promise you it want be from 18"!! :eek:

i killed another snake today,,, was a garder snake but none the less a snake, and my mother wanted it dead, picked up a jagged rock and sliced it, finished it with the shovel :tiphat:

Dixon_Club_Calves":x1vce08g said:
i killed another snake today,,, was a garder snake but none the less a snake, and my mother wanted it dead, picked up a jagged rock and sliced it, finished it with the shovel :tiphat:
Is too bad about that snake I am thinking. When I take laundry off the line sometimes I lay it on the grass until I have several loads. A few times I have had snakes go crawl in amongst the laundry and I don;t discover them untill I am folding in the house and they fall on the floor. Have to chase them all over to catch them and put them back outside.

angie":3fzkxfnr said:
When I take laundry off the line sometimes I lay it on the grass until I have several loads. A few times I have had snakes go crawl in amongst the laundry and I don;t discover them untill I am folding in the house and they fall on the floor. Have to chase them all over to catch them and put them back outside.

High maintenance AND a snake charmer........................

dun":cyc667vg said:
You again??
Shouldn't you be holed up under your bridge waiting for the billy goats to cross?
Or maybe stuffing granny in the closet so you can dress in her nighty?

angie":2e2r4r5r said:
Is too bad about that snake I am thinking. When I take laundry off the line sometimes I lay it on the grass until I have several loads. A few times I have had snakes go crawl in amongst the laundry and I don;t discover them untill I am folding in the house and they fall on the floor. Have to chase them all over to catch them and put them back outside.

dun":2e2r4r5r said:

Snake herder, I think. Chasing them all over and such. At least Angie puts hers out. Zelda wanted to keep that d*** python in the bathroom.

Who is the guy that played pipes (I think it was pipes) and brought the snakes (was it snakes? or grasshoppers?) out of Ireland (or was it Scotland?)?

angie":2vyt6p1w said:
Who is the guy that played pipes (I think it was pipes) and brought the snakes (was it snakes? or grasshoppers?) out of Ireland (or was it Scotland?)?

I grew up in St Patricks Catholic Church (hint: it was founded by Irish Immigrants around 1840).
St Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland, and Rome made him a Bishop. He taught the Irish about the oneness of the Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) using a shamrock.

The guy playing the pipes was the Pied Piper of Hamlin. Another good story, but not St Pat. St Pat.>snakes Pied Piper>rats Personally, I am more afraid of rats. I hate those suckers.

john250":1vupl730 said:
dun":1vupl730 said:

Snake herder, I think. Chasing them all over and such. At least Angie puts hers out. Zelda wanted to keep that d*** python in the bathroom.

Oh John, you said it this time not me! Did ya just accidentally rip that scab open again? :nod: P.S. there is an add in the local shopper this week, someone is looking for a rooster. They add they want it to be a nice one and flashy looking. Does any of this sound familiar to you? :D

MistyMorning":13kr5eqa said:
john250":13kr5eqa said:
dun":13kr5eqa said:

Oh John, you said it this time not me! Did ya just accidentally rip that scab open again? :nod: P.S. there is an add in the local shopper this week, someone is looking for a rooster. They add they want it to be a nice one and flashy looking. Does any of this sound familiar to you? :D

Was that classified under "Livestock" or "Personals-Women Seeking"?

Yes!! Rats! That was it! Thank you.
I do not like rats either ~ I think they should die.

MM~ this is too far north for Zelda's reptile collection. All dangerous scaled reptiles live south. :nod:

Ireland and New Zealand have no snakes.Which other countries don't have snakes? Australia has a few,bad ones. Only seen one last summer because it was so cool,that was a Eastern Brown big bugger in the fowl coop.He's no longer with us. Browns have to go because they tend to like taking up residence in a particular area and breed. They are savage and highly venomous.Whereas the common Black Snake moves on.
Colin

Australian Cattleman":3erez0wr said:
Ireland and New Zealand have no snakes.Which other countries don't have snakes? Australia has a few,bad ones. Only seen one last summer because it was so cool,that was a Eastern Brown big bugger in the fowl coop.He's no longer with us. Browns have to go because they tend to like taking up residence in a particular area and breed. They are savage and highly venomous.Whereas the common Black Snake moves on.
Colin
Isn't the most venemous snake located in Australia.A bite can kill in 10 minutes, and necrosis of the skin occurs almost instant? I will have to lookit up, but I remember watching a show about that snake.

I particulary like the Anacondias myself, massive, can't hardly believe they are as big as they are.

Gail

Australian Cattleman":1slqqmmq said:
Colin

Is this big by Oz standards? That's a wallaby at the wrong end of the snake, right?

snake.jpg

GMN":1qmmg0jd said:
Isn't the most venemous snake located in Australia.A bite can kill in 10 minutes, and necrosis of the skin occurs almost instant? I will have to lookit up, but I remember watching a show about that snake.

I particulary like the Anacondias myself, massive, can't hardly believe they are as big as they are.

Gail

Fierce Snake or Inland Tiapan.

Latest posts