House Update

Help Support CattleToday:

Got 2 rows of sheet rock left to put up!
Going to have it textured.

I picked up the trowels, some tape and a sander with an extension. Also got some sand paper for it too.

I luv herfrds":1hyw1j8c said:
Got 2 rows of sheet rock left to put up!
Going to have it textured.

I picked up the trowels, some tape and a sander with an extension. Also got some sand paper for it too.

What Texture are you going to use ? Popcprn, Knock-Down, Colorado Texture etc.. Mostly people do Knock-Down it looks like pieces of broken egg shell.

This is Knock-Down texture on my sealing that I done myself. It makes floating out butt joints and corners fast because you dont have to use so much mud doing it. And its cheap to do and easy if you do it yourself. You pay someone it cost you about double if not triple in some places. You can buy a Hopper and do it yourself cheaper even if you buy the tools to do it.
PC050102.jpg

Looking at knock down. Hate popcorn!
My folks had an awesome one done but the guy who did it refuses to return to MT as long as his ex wife is here! :( :lol2:
He put on a layer of mud and then he put a plastic shopping bag over his hand and did these half circles all over. It is gorgeous!!!!

I luv herfrds":2fo6u1tu said:
Looking at knock down. Hate popcorn!
My folks had an awesome one done but the guy who did it refuses to return to MT as long as his ex wife is here! :( :lol2:
He put on a layer of mud and then he put a plastic shopping bag over his hand and did these half circles all over. It is gorgeous!!!!

Yeah that one we call Colorado Texture.. Its catching on pretty fast here as well. We call it that because we had never seen it before, we had a guy work with us from colorado. He showed us it and he couldnt remember what they called the Texture where he came from so we named it Colorado Texture. You can do it with a walmart bag or you can do it with a trowl like used on cement/brick, Very Nice. But its exspensive because it takes so long to do, Knockdown can be done in just 8 hours or less. Colorado takes a few days but worth it when you see it painted.

Met a guy this summer who does both mudding taping and texturing and is going to do it all for one price. Nice guy. good dancer too!

Got a couple bids on mudding and taping the ceiling. One was for $800 just mudding and taping. The second was for $1500 to mud, tape and texture the ceiling.

Hubby is heading to town this week to pick up some 1/2" sheet rock. Figured we need around 195 sheets to do both upstairs and downstairs. He is going to get 50 sheets. Found out it is running $7.80 a sheet and it is going up 30% after the first of the year.

the furnance guy made it back out and has started running the duct work!

Hubby picked up 50 sheets of sheet rock this week. After the duct work is done he is going to start putting it up.
Figure once we have the sheet rock up we are going to be on the downhillside of this house getting it done!

Lots of views but no comments?
How about these?

walls009_zps17bf2252.jpg

walls008_zps0b3c8e43.jpg

walls010_zpsf391bf15.jpg

walls011_zps146e0b25.jpg

walls006_zps4b07448d.jpg

walls007_zps3e6f12e8.jpg

walls002_zps88fb6855.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z79/Elimrvfc/Log%20House/walls004_zpsc8e55d76.jpg[/IMG

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z79/Elimrvfc/Log%20House/walls004_zpsc8e55d76.jpg

walls001_zpsa408388f.jpg

You guys are really doing a great job - so much work! It is going to be beautiful (already is!) I'm sure this is a dream coming true.
Edit: I see you have a Blue Heeler - we do to - he's 16 years old.

Thanks CKC and Jeanne! Been busy.

Jeanne that is our Corgis not a blue heeler. Haven't had one of them for years. My last one loved killing my chickens then started on my barn cats. He got rehomed.

AC Hubby wanted less seams to mud and tape. From what we both have read, researched and talked to other builders it is just a preferance on the way it is put on the wall.
From floor to ceiling it is over 8' so less waste to hang it this way.

Hubby almost has that center wall completely done. He is over by the pantry right now. Wants to do the kitchen fir out next.
Asked me to find and get the pot filler faucet for my kitchen.
OMG! Those things are expensive! The ones I found are going for over $400! Went on Amazon and found one that will match my light fixtures and other plumbing fixtures I want and ordered it. Cost me $260 with shipping. I got an oil rubbed bronze one.

Latest posts