Home Schooling

Help Support CattleToday:

Commercialfarmer":3i4w094h said:
or parking lot attendants...

Braggart!

If you are too drunk to walk to your car here then they won't go get it for you. I think its some silly liability issue or something.:lol2:

Jogeephus":zd5im3ld said:
Brute 23":zd5im3ld said:
one semester as a waiter/ waitress

Ingenious! Some people need a hard lesson on how to treat the staff in a restaurant.
My youngest daughter "waitressed" her way through college. Heck there were times she was making more htan me. :lol: Hard work though.

TexasBred":yykon0o7 said:
Jogeephus":yykon0o7 said:
Brute 23":yykon0o7 said:
one semester as a waiter/ waitress

Ingenious! Some people need a hard lesson on how to treat the staff in a restaurant.
My youngest daughter "waitressed" her way through college. Heck there were times she was making more htan me. :lol: Hard work though.

Mine is still doing it. She usually works double shifts on Saturday and Sunday, quite often a double on Thursday, plus at least one more evening shift during the week. She's making good money, but you're right, it's hard work, plus she has the pleasure of working with the public. You wouldn't believe some of the stories she comes home with. Like the child that didn't want the vegetables that were on his plate with his hamburger (they were on the side, not directly on his burger), so he picked them up and threw them on the floor. His mother said "You shouldn't do that," but didn't punish him, and left the stuff on the floor.

Brute 23":3e86xzfs said:
Being a waiter or waitress teaches a lot of good lesson.
I'm all ears, what do you learn? I bused tables, washed dishes, tended bar, cooked, cleaned bathrooms was a host and ran the cash register. We never had a waiter, so I missed out on that part of the business. Restaurant business is a tough job and long hours. The restaurant business caused me to lose respect for the human race, and I did away with giving people second chances. But worst of all I lost all respect for the government and all its BS inspections.

highgrit":2rqr7cra said:
Brute 23":2rqr7cra said:
I'm all ears, what do you learn? I bused tables, washed dishes, tended bar, cooked, cleaned bathrooms was a host and ran the cash register. We never had a waiter, so I missed out on that part of the business. Restaurant business is a tough job and long hours. The restaurant business caused me to lose respect for the human race, and I did away with giving people second chances. But worst of all I lost all respect for the government and all its BS inspections.

You don't have respect for DotGov!? They are there for YOU!!!! Friend of mine opened a restaurant a while back and inspector showed up and told her the door opened the wrong way so she had to tear the door out and replace with one that swung the other way. A few weeks later the same inspector showed up and told her he had made a mistake and she needed to tear the door out and fix it where it would open the way she first had it otherwise he's have to fine her. Is that the kind of stuff you are talking about HG?

Jogeephus":2bpz18n7 said:
Commercialfarmer":2bpz18n7 said:
or parking lot attendants...

Braggart!

If you are too drunk to walk to your car here then they won't go get it for you. I think its some silly liability issue or something.:lol2:
This lady should have went with that as her defense. But I'm afraid she was just being herself and could use the school training.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2015/espns-b ... ndant.html

Jogeephus":3bblhek5 said:
highgrit":3bblhek5 said:
Brute 23":3bblhek5 said:

You don't have respect for DotGov!? They are there for YOU!!!! Friend of mine opened a restaurant a while back and inspector showed up and told her the door opened the wrong way so she had to tear the door out and replace with one that swung the other way. A few weeks later the same inspector showed up and told her he had made a mistake and she needed to tear the door out and fix it where it would open the way she first had it otherwise he's have to fine her. Is that the kind of stuff you are talking about HG?

no need for the passive agressiveness joe. Not many are fans of the dotgov

Hook":1d4dk6lk said:
Satire without the funny is just passive aggressiveness

WTH are you talking about? Did I insult HIghgrit or was I not agreeing with his post? Explain how I was aggressive to him in any way?

Hook":1o08ndja said:
Not at all. No aggressiveness toward hg. Just pointing out the difference between satire and passive aggressive
Carry on

No, you insulted me and you accused me of being passive aggressive toward HG so point it out how I did this.

Rafter S":1f65g14t said:
I thought Jo was being sarcastic. I happen to like sarcasm.

That's what I was trying to do. Guess I failed. Or maybe its just my week to bare the brunt of his insults.

Highgrit, I apologize if I offended you in any way.

I happen to be a very sensitive, loving and caring person. But between talking to my plants and my yoga sessions I should be able to overcome this berating.

Latest posts