Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

I was wondering what the Robin at the barn was fussing about. Dang blacksnake got into it's nest and got the babies. I'm just glad it didnt fall down on my head. I would have made up all kinds of new cuss words and had to change my britches. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_8375.jpeg
    IMG_8375.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 25
I could not live in snake country. One of my siblings raised chickens for Tyson(?) near Siloam Springs and
told tales of terror involving snakes, both at ground level and overhead.

I could not live in snake country. One of my siblings raised chickens for Tyson(?) near Siloam Springs and
told tales of terror involving snakes, both at ground level and overhead.
I know this won't change any minds... but snakes are no big deal. The dangerous ones are slow and only a problem if you don't see them in time. The others are kind of fun...

I played with common garter snakes when I was a little kid, then turned them loose. I really like real snakes. Human snakes, not so much - LOL.

I played with common garter snakes when I was a little kid, then turned them loose. I really like real snakes. Human snakes, not so much - LOL.
🏃‍♀️🐍 As kids our number one protector was the black sheperd we had. He would kill snakes by shaking them till they split in half, and you never knew where parts of it would land. As soon as he would grab a snake, one of us would yell "Keno's got a snake" and we would all scatter so parts of it didn't land on us.

The pic reminds me of something that happened at the ranch in Arkansas...

My daughter was a toddler and followed me around as I got things done. One day I had to adjust things in the wellhouse and the well was in a pasture adjoining the house. I took a bucket full of grain with me to dump in the washtub we kept there. I dumped the grain and took my daughters hand and we walked to the well house. I looked up within a minute and my daughter was gone. Looking around the well house, I saw her pudgy little legs and her stooped over into the grain tub, slinging grain happily, and a cow coming at a steady pace to the grain.

I wasn't the only one that saw my daughter... and the cow coming. The cat was on the way, accelerating so fast that she was leaving rooster trails of grass in the air behind her. The cat positioned herself at the bottom of the tub and spit and slashed the air with her claws at the cow... and the cow hesitated and stopped in her tracks. When I got there the cat ran for the house.

That cat was amazing. She would walk around with us, especially if we were walking the gravel road to pick wild strawberries. Every time we saw a copperhead the cat would be between us and the snake.

A stray Siamese that showed up at the place one day and stayed because we fed it.

The pic reminds me of something that happened at the ranch in Arkansas...

My daughter was a toddler and followed me around as I got things done. One day I had to adjust things in the wellhouse and the well was in a pasture adjoining the house. I took a bucket full of grain with me to dump in the washtub we kept there. I dumped the grain and took my daughters hand and we walked to the well house. I looked up within a minute and my daughter was gone. Looking around the well house, I saw her pudgy little legs and her stooped over into the grain tub, slinging grain happily, and a cow coming at a steady pace to the grain.

I wasn't the only one that saw my daughter... and the cow coming. The cat was on the way, accelerating so fast that she was leaving rooster trails of grass in the air behind her. The cat positioned herself at the bottom of the tub and spit and slashed the air with her claws at the cow... and the cow hesitated and stopped in her tracks. When I got there the cat ran for the house.

That cat was amazing. She would walk around with us, especially if we were walking the gravel road to pick wild strawberries. Every time we saw a copperhead the cat would be between us and the snake.

A stray Siamese that showed up at the place one day and stayed because we fed it.
Life is never boring with kids, cats, and livestock around.

Latest posts