Home Schooling

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook you need to be careful about the words you write. Words are not particular about whose mind or mouth the come out of.

Words are like the glitter my girls like to make crafts with. As long as the glitter stays were it is supposed to everything is fine. Once it's out of the container, its a mess that you can never get put back.

My mother homeschooled me from 2nd grade until I started college in 11th grade. I don't understand why people say that homeschoolers have no social skills because that just isn't the case around here. Most of the kids here are extremely respectful and actually act mature. There are a few parents that don't ask for much out of there children academically and the kids suffer because of it. But for the most part the parents are pretty strict teachers. I think the main reason my parents chose to homeschool my siblings and I was because they didn't want me to be in a system that the government runs.

highgrit":zd0b3in9 said:
I happen to be a very sensitive, loving and caring person. But between talking to my plants and my yoga sessions I should be able to overcome this berating.

I'm relieved. Didn't want you think I was some azz who gets their kicks out of throwing petty insults at others.

If I rattled you in the least just sit out with your cows and try this yoga move. Or play your didjeridu a few hours. I find both work wonders.

Yoga--exercise--fitness---24665706.jpg

hurleyjd":23tod8se said:
Hook you need to be careful about the words you write. Words are not particular about whose mind or mouth the come out of.
It helps to know the meaning of the words before saying them. Don't want the "dumb ass" to come out from hiding.

It was a joke, then it got to serious, now it's just plum nonsense. I've been getting a good laugh myself. Denver, as we get old our feelings are hurt easily. But as you age you lose feelings, so who knows what I'll be feeling in a few years.

highgrit":u8tl7uqf said:
It was a joke, then it got to serious, now it's just plum nonsense. I've been getting a good laugh myself. Denver, as we get old our feelings are hurt easily. But as you age you lose feelings, so who knows what I'll be feeling in a few years.
And then Denver there are those like me who just don't give a duck. The older I get the less I care.

jedstivers":1rkafq2l said:
highgrit":1rkafq2l said:
And then Denver there are those like me who just don't give a duck. The older I get the less I care.
See I don't care now and doubt if i ever will. I'm most blessed and happiest person I know, there's nothing anyone on the Internet could say to me that's going to bother me.

denvermartinfarms":14uyw5gg said:
jedstivers":14uyw5gg said:
highgrit":14uyw5gg said:
See I don't care now and doubt if i ever will. I'm most blessed and happiest person I know, there's nothing anyone on the Internet could say to me that's going to bother me.
For being so happy I hope you're laughing also. Denver we're just screwing around, same as joking and messing around. Sorry if I offended anyone.

This post came a long way from Home Schooling. I was home schooled until the age of 6 and then put in public school. I could spell some long words like railroad crossing and turning plow the first day of public school. I could read through Dock and Jane and all of their pets the first week of school. You do remember Puff the kitten and Spot the dog. This just proves that home schooling works.

Brute 23":2jcekkbq said:
denvermartinfarms":2jcekkbq said:
Is it just me, or does it seem like grown men are way to in touch with there feelings anymore?

The whole country is. There is a reason they are called YOUR FEELINGS... need to keep them to yourself.
That's right!

hurleyjd":1rsn9ew0 said:
This post came a long way from Home Schooling. I was home schooled until the age of 6 and then put in public school. I could spell some long words like railroad crossing and turning plow the first day of public school. I could read through Dock and Jane and all of their pets the first week of school. You do remember Puff the kitten and Spot the dog. This just proves that home schooling works.
That little book is probably worth a fortune if you can find one these days. I had it too. There was a teddy bear in there somewhere too but I can't remember his name.

My first book I read was Sammy the Seal. I still have that book and that was the first book my son read to his Grandpa.

I was at work yesterday and one of the school board members came in and he asked me if he gave me his cell phone number if I would call him. He wanted to talk with me. Told him I would but I was curious as to what about. The school board just hired a new principle and it is starting to sound like the teacher my daughter had trouble with may have her days there numbered.
Board member told me they would like to see what can be done to bring my daughter back to their school.

So far the plan is still for her to graduate from home schooling.

Finished her lessons for the summer. She averaged out a C grade. If she had done better on her social studies it would have been a B.

Math came out to a B along with science and english. Social studies came out at a D.

Latest posts