Help with a Border Collie Cow dog name

Help Support CattleToday:

Ozhorse":11lek8nm said:
I was given a young short hair Border Collie be nice from very good cattle working lines. She is a tough little thing, quite vocal with a tendancy to want to scrap with other dogs and a ton of force on stock and very intense, with eye, but not at all sticky. She does not mind a good chew if they dont move enough either. She knows how to hold sheep together as well but getting her to stop wool classing may be a challenge.

I am absolutely,completely hopeless at naming anything, as a kid I had a dog named Doggy, a cat called be nice, and a pet rat called ratsy.
OK, so I need help...

I just realised now I come to start working with her that the name she came with, and that I have called her for months, has the same vowel sounds as the vocal commands I will use at a distance (and I cant whistle loud).

I need a name that has as few sylables as possible.

I need to keep away from "A" and "E" (as in "back" "here" and "stay" and "sit" "steady")

"U" sounds are good,
"Oo" or O sounds could work too.

Thanks for your ideas

I love Maxi , or Max for short . Kate would have been named that if Mr HD hadn't vetoed it because I named Nikki last time . Jag is a good name too .

Pics would help choose a name . :tiphat:

Remember it's a SHE. CT doesn't allow us to say it properly. So Max, Rex, etc are going to make other people wonder what you know about anatomy.

Here's some for thought... Zecca, Tifa, Coda, Diva.
I'm trying to imagine them translated into Australian!

Good to see you back! <---Edit: didn't notice this thread was resurrected

Latest posts