Mosquitoes At The Dog Kennel?

Help Support CattleToday:

Davexx1

Reaction score
Question: will cattle ear tags attached around the kennel repel mosquitoes? I have seen some dog hunters attach cattle ear tags to their dog's collar in an attempt to repel mosquitoes and biting flies. Any suggestions how to deal with the mosquitoes?

Thanks, Dave

I don't know. But I did get some similar tags that were made to attach to the dogs collar. They were supposed to be for flea and tick prevention. They didn't work.

Question: will cattle ear tags attached around the kennel repel mosquitoes? I have seen some dog hunters attach cattle ear tags to their dog's collar in an attempt to repel mosquitoes and biting flies. Any suggestions how to deal with the mosquitoes?

Thanks, Dave
No, those do not work on skeeters. Get rid of any standing water around your kennels.

I've never heard of a tag or collar designed for mosquitoes. Fleas and ticks, sure. The effectiveness of these varies with brand and active ingredients, like everything else. Heartworm preventative medication is REALLY big business for the pet industry. I would suspect that, and because mosquitoes are the vector for heartworm, if there was an effective tag or collar to keep mosquitoes away from pets, someone would have already made their million off of it. My initial thought was to grab the can of "Off" that contains deet and spray the dog, but that lasts only a few hours and wouldn't be effective for the kennel. @Warren Allison is sensible, and doesn't cost anything either.

So, get an extra wife.

You first. Let us know how that works out.
(My guess is that you will be burning your own trash pretty quick..among doing other things all for yourself)

Only way that will work is if they are in 2 different LARGE states.

I found some of that No Natz at my local hardware store and bought a bottle. It has a somewhat loud odor and doesn't wash off easily. It seems to work, but the dog doesn't like it! The same company has a repellent named No Mosquitos. I plan to try that also and spray the kennel.

Latest posts