$45,000 cow dog

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I was down at B's corral yesterday. He told me that his dog's mother just sold for $45,000 at Red Bluff. So I looked up the sale results. Sure enough a dog with the right name and looks like a dog that was here. Different trainers name but with the way those dog trainers buy, sell, swap dogs it is easy for a different trainer to have that dog at the sale. And B's hired man was at the sale and would know the history of that dog. So I am sure it was the right dog. The dog was here on my place helping to move some cows as a very young dog. B figures if the mother was worth $45,000 that his dog is worth at least half that much. So far no one has shown up with the cash.

At least they can breed her. Last May I went to the horse sale in Cody Wyoming. There was a ranch gelding that sold for $110,000. I could have understood if it was a mare or a stud horse, but it was a gelding. I very nice, well trained gelding, a gelding.

At least they can breed her. Last May I went to the horse sale in Cody Wyoming. There was a ranch gelding that sold for $110,000. I could have understood if it was a mare or a stud horse, but it was a gelding. I very nice, well trained gelding, a gelding.
Geldings at Red Bluff averaged over $20,000. All they sell there is geldings. The two top selling ones sold for $48,000 and $47,000. A neighbor from here took a dog, a 4 year old gelding and 6 bulls. The dog sold for $6,500 and the gelding for $15,000. I didn't look up what the bulls brought. But that dog and horse made for a good pay day.

Latest posts