Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Nevada

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Arizona

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters

cross_7

Reaction score
i got the pic too big, you can use press ctrl and - to make it smaller and see it all.
based on what you see in the painting what state would you guess it is ? ( i don't know but i have a guess)
please tell why you think it is the state you choose
556142_10150718219994360_1186973189_n.jpg

i got the pic too big, you can use press ctrl and - to make it smaller and see it all.
based on what you seen in the painting what state would you guess it is ? ( i don't know but i have a guess)

I tried that too. Even highlighted the pic then pressed ctrl and-. Still nothing.

Either way, I cast my vote, it is a lovely painting. I'm wondering who the artist is, as I have a similar painting of a cowboy sitting at the edge of a canyon holding the reins of his horse. The painting you posted, the man looks like John Wayne.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":14ukycy0 said:
I tried that too. Even highlighted the pic then pressed ctrl and-. Still nothing.

Either way, I cast my vote, it is a lovely painting. I'm wondering who the artist is, as I have a similar painting of a cowboy sitting at the edge of a canyon holding the reins of his horse. The painting you posted, the man looks like John Wayne.

Katherine

http://www.timcox.com/gallery1.html

I said Nevada. I had a reason, but it doesn't make now. I was thinking canyons and that is what popped in my head.

Well I just voted, and reckon I was the first one to vote Utah. Been there, seen lots of scenery that looks like that. Anytime I look at any picture, I always try to imagine where its at

The saddle blanket looks most like the state of Texas, though it's not. One star and many stripes. I'll guess Texas.

I was torn between Utah and NM .

My thoughts were that the rider has a Texas "flag" on his saddle(?) and the date\era that the painting was depicted ,how far he(the rider) would actually travel from Texas . Therefor I went with New Mexico, but it could very well be Utah.

everything in the painting indicates it's modern time(modern cinch, leadrope snaps etc)
what i see is a texas flag saddle blanket, the headstall has texas star conchos and typical texas hat crease.
i also see a slick fork saddle, bucking rolls and he also is wearing chinks, none are indicative of texas.
the vegetation has foliage, but he has on a vest and a wildrag, but has taken his coat off and tied it behind his saddle so i'd say he's at a higher elevation.

i see a mix of cultures and doesn't appear to be in texas

I've only flown over the palo duro, but that might look similar. I have seen some desolate and similar scenery in many states. I didn't even consider the flag or ranger when I first looked

Ouachita":2ipk4m5h said:
I've only flown over the palo duro, but that might look similar. I have seen some desolate and similar scenery in many states. I didn't even consider the flag or ranger when I first looked

i don't see red dirt or red rock for palo duro or any mesquite either

cross_7":1zffhj1v said:
Ouachita":1zffhj1v said:

i don't see red dirt or red rock for palo duro or any mesquite either

I'm glad I wasn't close enough to identify mesquite from the airplane :shock: although I have worked on a few with red dirt and mesquite impregnated into the belly skins

Latest posts