Freight charges gone thru the roof

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky cowboy

Reaction score
Ordered all new ac lines for my old tractor dealer said there would be freight didnt expect it to be $100for a box that didnt weigh 15lbs. They said all there freight has gone up due to covid. Anyone else notice this or did I just get screwed

Ordered all new ac lines for my old tractor dealer said there would be freight didnt expect it to be $100for a box that didnt weigh 15lbs. They said all there freight has gone up due to covid. Anyone else notice this or did I just get screwed
I'm sure it has gone up but yes I think you probably got screwed

I needed a tie rod for a lawnmower a couple weeks ago. Shipping would have been $18 on a $41 part. But was free on regular next week delivery

For what ever reason we have 1 port open in California. I have no idea why just 1 for the whole country. How ever the Chinese were at like $2000 per shipping container if it fits it ships. Now it's like $6000 per container. We are getting hammered by them and some people think it's OK to run a country like this. Sorry for the politics but Biden is clueless

For what ever reason we have 1 port open in California. I have no idea why just 1 for the whole country. How ever the Chinese were at like $2000 per shipping container if it fits it ships. Now it's like $6000 per container. We are getting hammered by them and some people think it's OK to run a country like this. Sorry for the politics but Biden is clueless
There may only be one port open in California but the ones in the PNW are all open and doing business. I am not far from a main east/west rail line. Several 2 mile long train loads of containers go by everyday. Full containers headed east and empty ones headed back to the ports.

There may only be one port open in California but the ones in the PNW are all open and doing business. I am not far from a main east/west rail line. Several 2 mile long train loads of containers go by everyday. Full containers headed east and empty ones headed back to the ports.
I drove to Wyoming last week and noticed the east bound trains fully loaded with shipping containers. The west bound train cars were empty. We don't see many empty train cars in Arkansas. I kept thinking that surely there's something that needs moved west. Seemed like a waste.

where is PNW?

It's across the board. Capacity across all freight is tight, backlogs on international are long regardless of sea or air, demand isn't subsiding, and the holiday season is approaching.

A man with a prime mover and a cdl can make some bank these days.

HMMMM our manufacturer told us a lie then. There are over 2000 ships waiting to unload and go through customs is what we were told

They're not lying. Backlogs on both coasts. Every port and air cargo terminal is backed up.

There's more than one port open in Cali. :rolleyes: C'mon now....

Attachments

• OFB.jpg
    OFB.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Maybe the parts are coming by electric moped or something great. That should allow you to pay more and smile about saving the world.

Charleston, SC is open, so many containers that they have a backlog even with the rail to inland ports - not enough truck drivers. Those unemployment checks really work to help stop work.

It's not just our ports that are back logged. Ports of origin at every port overseas are also clogged trying to get loaded and on their way to destinations.
But, both LA and Long Beach Calif are reporting a shortage of trains/trucks to move the containers out of their ports once the ships are unloaded.

Gulf Coast isn't faring much better.

Latest posts