Last of them will be gone tomorrow

Help Support CattleToday:

Are you retirement age or are you just pulling our legs? I understand there's no official difference for the independent fella, but you look maybe 50.
I "retired" when I was 40. Highly overrated - and then we bought cattle. Da hell?!?:unsure:

Nesi's still a youngster (in my world). But he's smart, innovative, a hard worker and has a lot going for him. Regardless of his next move & venture, he'll do great!

I "retired" when I was 40. Highly overrated - and then we bought cattle. Da hell?!?:unsure:

Nesi's still a youngster (in my world). But he's smart, innovative, a hard worker and has a lot going for him. Regardless of his next move & venture, he'll do great!
Oh, no doubt, never said otherwise. Just wondered how old he might actually be. Some people look 50 when they're 70.

My condolences. But as TC stated you are smart and ambitious so we hope to see what you do next. You are a mechanical wizard.

I just remembered - didn't you move some of your best genetics to a friends with the hope of recovery later on?

My condolences. But as TC stated you are smart and ambitious so we hope to see what you do next. You are a mechanical wizard.

I just remembered - didn't you move some of your best genetics to a friends with the hope of recovery later on?
I'm not sure I'll ever have cows on my own place again, but for now this works for me and for my friend that's taking care of them..

I got to see the others again.. Zima made it very clear there was a serious scritching shortage, she was really happy to see me

Cenci is an old cow that hasn't calved yet, don't know when or if she will, she's kindof a freebie.. she had pneumonia last summer and it set her back, she's in good shape now, but her lungs have some permanent damage, she breathes a bit shallow. would be nice to get another good calf from her though. Her daughter from last year was happy to see momma again (and me as well)
1684484295410.png

I'll post more pics later. it was an 18 hour day, I'm bagged

I'm not sure I'll ever have cows on my own place again, but for now this works for me and for my friend that's taking care of them..

I got to see the others again.. Zima made it very clear there was a serious scritching shortage, she was really happy to see me

Cenci is an old cow that hasn't calved yet, don't know when or if she will, she's kindof a freebie.. she had pneumonia last summer and it set her back, she's in good shape now, but her lungs have some permanent damage, she breathes a bit shallow. would be nice to get another good calf from her though. Her daughter from last year was happy to see momma again (and me as well)
View attachment 30326

I'll post more pics later. it was an 18 hour day, I'm bagged
You never told us what's going to happen with the dog that wandered in...

Or maybe you found the owner?

Nesikep I still have one cow and her calf. Just raise a steer every year for the freezer. Its bittersweet now.
I am afraid if it gets in your blood you can never get away from catle. When I was very young I raised bottle Holsteins that I halter broke. There was an old man in his late 80s who would buy one off of me every spring. He would stake it out in his yard all summer to keep the grass ate off. In the fall when the grass quit he would put it in his freezer. He always said it was not home unless he had a cow around.

I am afraid if it gets in your blood you can never get away from catle. When I was very young I raised bottle Holsteins that I halter broke. There was an old man in his late 80s who would buy one off of me every spring. He would stake it out in his yard all summer to keep the grass ate off. In the fall when the grass quit he would put it in his freezer. He always said it was not home unless he had a cow around.
I live about a quarter mile from the local sale barn, and our daily walks past the corrals keeps me sane (well... ?).

Latest posts