Last of them will be gone tomorrow

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
Welp, last of the cows will be gone tomorrow, going to be up before daybreak for a dang long trip... Definitely going to be an empty nest around here. Poppy, Robin and their calves went to my neighbor's place yesterday.. Poppy is going to be a sucker for attention from himIMG_20220529_095730_810 poppy.jpg

It'll be quite a load, 5 cows, a young bull and 4 calves, and I have a heck of a mountain pass to take, then 3 ferries.. they'll be going to meet up with their mates I shipped last fall
IMG_20221008_123627_731.jpg

Shipped a bunch to auction 2 weeks ago, prices were good, 3 first/second calver pairs were $3550 CAD, and 8 and 12 year old with calves sold for $3150 CAD.. couple steers and a heifer, prices were decent for them too... Bull went for $1.70/lb at 1805 lbs.. $400 short of what I paid for him 4 years ago
IMG_20230325_111937_255.jpg

Welp, last of the cows will be gone tomorrow, going to be up before daybreak for a dang long trip... Definitely going to be an empty nest around here. Poppy, Robin and their calves went to my neighbor's place yesterday.. Poppy is going to be a sucker for attention from himView attachment 30170

It'll be quite a load, 5 cows, a young bull and 4 calves, and I have a heck of a mountain pass to take, then 3 ferries.. they'll be going to meet up with their mates I shipped last fall
View attachment 30171

Shipped a bunch to auction 2 weeks ago, prices were good, 3 first/second calver pairs were $3550 CAD, and 8 and 12 year old with calves sold for $3150 CAD.. couple steers and a heifer, prices were decent for them too... Bull went for $1.70/lb at 1805 lbs.. $400 short of what I paid for him 4 years ago
View attachment 30172
Getting out?

I think it will be a hard decision when it comes time for me to say good-bye to the herd. I think anyone that has spent a long time with their cows feel the same way. wish you all the best of luck with your new adventures.

I'll just move into town.. I'd thought about a more urban area but I just have too much stuff, and paying for a place to store it would eat up savings in a hurry
You cutting out for the city or the beach? Or are you headed off to live off the grid? If the latter, please don't send us any packages, I've already seen that episode.

I'll just move into town.. I'd thought about a more urban area but I just have too much stuff, and paying for a place to store it would eat up savings in a hurry
Are you retirement age or are you just pulling our legs? I understand there's no official difference for the independent fella, but you look maybe 50.

Welp, last of the cows will be gone tomorrow, going to be up before daybreak for a dang long trip... Definitely going to be an empty nest around here. Poppy, Robin and their calves went to my neighbor's place yesterday.. Poppy is going to be a sucker for attention from himView attachment 30170

View attachment 30171

View attachment 30172
So what made the decision for you?

Latest posts