Found a missing girl

Help Support CattleToday:

What a mess. Happy that you found the girl and that she was OK. I hope that it was enough reality check to make her think about what she had done.

chrisy":2h2a745r said:
When a baby is born our job is to love, feed, cloth, protect and teach.
When they reach adulthood our job is over that is why the Good Lord gave us free will.
This maybe, but we are still there to advise and protect for as long as we are their parents....even when they have babies of their own. We are parents to the end, as you never seem to stop worrying about them. The worries may be different but they are still there. Or is it a Mum thing?

ps glad you found the girl, and hope she sobbers up and realises how lucky she was that you were there, and she learns form this experiance.

You can worry all you want too. It is not going to change a dam thing, that is why our prison's are full of Momma's baby.
We have a much higher percentage of kid's today getting in trouble. To many mom's and dad's sayingg that is not my kid or the were bullied or some other BS. In my day it didn't matter the accusation you were guilty as charged and hide was fixing to be rearranged. If the neighbor or school called give you soul to God cause my ass was Dad's no if's an's or but's.
I heard this two time's in my life about schhool " Son I can't make you learn but I dam sure can make you sit there with your mouth shut". I was stupid took me twice to learn that.
I got a DIL right now that hates my gut's because when her 15 year old baby backed talked Paw Paw I wore his ass out.
Life has been much more simple since he has learned yes sir and no sir. Kid's need structure and discipline not excuses.
I have a 12 year old grandaughter that is headed for prison or big trouble from the same DIL. She can still be saved but is is going to take a diligent watch and several belt's. She will stand flat footed and lie and she is sneaky that is a learned trait and her momma taught her well. My grandaugter and momma are going to pay a heavy price for it before it is over.

chrisy":brlerofd said:
When a baby is born our job is to love, feed, cloth, protect and teach.
When they reach adulthood our job is over that is why the Good Lord gave us free will.
This maybe, but we are still there to advise and protect for as long as we are their parents....even when they have babies of their own. We are parents to the end, as you never seem to stop worrying about them. The worries may be different but they are still there. Or is it a Mum thing?

ps glad you found the girl, and hope she sobbers up and realises how lucky she was that you were there, and she learns form this experiance.
I agree Chrisy....parenting stops at death and even then hopefully they remember what they were taught.

Being Mom and Dad never end's parenting does.
You can think your parenting it is going in one ear and out the other.
Grown kid's are not parented or listen unless they want to. That is what keep's so many in trouble mom and dad keep bailing them out. Most of the time parent's just keep enabling what got them in trouble the first time when they are grown.
When that baby get's here you have a blank sheet of paper what you write in the first three year's has a whole lot to do with the journey.

CB I know nothing of AL's. Jesse Fant at the Pirate's Den is hard to beat. He's as straight up as they come. Murle's has sold me a few firearms too. First time I met him he was a pipe fitter. He can annoy me but he tries to be competitive. Al's could be good. Just don't know. Probably never will as long as jessee is around.

Caustic Burno":zsq5zmdr said:
Grown kid's are not parented or listen unless they want to. That is what keep's so many in trouble mom and dad keep bailing them out. Most of the time parent's just keep enabling what got them in trouble the first time when they are grown.
When that baby get's here you have a blank sheet of paper what you write in the first three year's has a whole lot to do with the journey.
yes it does, but they can be influenced by peer pressure, as I know by having first hand knowledge of it with my Son, but with gentle help and guidance he is now back on track and the nicest Man you ever met, polite, courteous and in full time work, with his own business. I think this is parenting, gone right, and he was an adult when this all happened.

chrisy":241cc72m said:
Caustic Burno":241cc72m said:
yes it does, but they can be influenced by peer pressure, as I know by having first hand knowledge of it with my Son, but with gentle help and guidance he is now back on track and the nicest Man you ever met, polite, courteous and in full time work, with his own business. I think this is parenting, gone right, and he was an adult when this all happened.

Chrisy I don't go there. You could choose to hang out at the wrong bars tonight if you wanted to do so. All of my sisters keep forgiving and saying "the wrong crowd." They have to stop enabling her. Its gone on for over a decade now. Her boys would love to see her.

Any of us can hang with the wrong crowd at any point. It is her choice. We can all claim peer pressure at any point.

At some point, we have to be accountable. Her two sons living at my house should be enough to make her choose the right path.

It starts out small, then gets worse n worse. No different than my alcoholic bro who eventually died in '99. His addiction went on for two decades.

chissy, you were lucky and the exception.
It isn't that simple. Parents can do all of the right things and still things go wrong. It is not the parents' fault.

chippie":1h8q4a8u said:
It isn't that simple. Parents can do all of the right things and still things go wrong. It is not the parents' fault.

No baby ever got here with mom or dad thinking O boy look the next Bonnie and Cylde.
Some are just bad seed.
Not a dam thing you can do about it.
You can do everything right and they continue to choose a path of trouble and evil.
Had a cousin that raised as good of kid's as you wanted to been around.
One got into drug's and murdered his aunt. Went to rob her house for drug money thought she was gone.
She wasn't and drowned her in the commode. He made the choice and chose the path, not mom or dad.
No amount of parenting can fix a murder.

chippie":3fdfxavn said:
Pretty hard to help someone that doesn't want help as well. :(

TexasBred":2mzatl5u said:
chippie":2mzatl5u said:
Pretty hard to help someone that doesn't want help as well. :(
Well said--applies across the board, not just offspring.

Caustic Burno":gukowtbh said:
chippie":gukowtbh said:

No baby ever got here with mom or dad thinking O boy look the next Bonnie and Cylde.
Some are just bad seed.
Not a dam thing you can do about it.
You can do everything right and they continue to choose a path of trouble and evil.
Had a cousin that raised as good of kid's as you wanted to been around.
One got into drug's and murdered his aunt. Went to rob her house for drug money thought she was gone.
She wasn't and drowned her in the commode. He made the choice and chose the path, not mom or dad.
No amount of parenting can fix a murder.

Yep all you can do is raise them to the best of your ability,set a good example,point them in the right direction and hope for the best.

Cal

Let me say that I have had a lot of heartfelt words sent from many folks on this board. I appreciate every thought and every prayer.

Some folks have been accusational. That's okay too. I know I am not perfect. But I did all the right things raising this kid. The truth doesn't hurt.

Her boys are my focus. I am raising them on my own and it is a chore being a single dad. I am honored to have this task.

Caustic Burno":2w4xrptj said:
Hey Boogie Al's gun shop any good,I am going to be in Granbury in a few month's.

If you get here in October, I am going to be in the middle of a refueling outage. Other than that, I expect to meet you. lemme know.

backhoeboogie":3v98po4q said:
Let me say that I have had a lot of heartfelt words sent from many folks on this board. I appreciate every thought and every prayer.

Some folks have been accusational. That's okay too. I know I am not perfect. But I did all the right things raising this kid. The truth doesn't hurt.

Her boys are my focus. I am raising them on my own and it is a chore being a single dad. I am honored to have this task.

The boys are blessed to have you. You have a good heart and values.

You're a good man. Hope they pick up on it.
Sometimes I think it takes the bottom to get people back up on top. I hope the boys see what the bottom is and choose the top.

Latest posts