Hello from Deep East Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Yup…Caustic is correct…another big blob heading this way…will be a wet Mother's Day
They are saying one to three inches again.
Last time they made that prediction it rained in excess of ten.
I am about to the point it will be easier to burn the debris out of the fence.
Fixing fence would be an easier job.

They are saying one to three inches again.
Last time they made that prediction it rained in excess of ten.
I am about to the point it will be easier to burn the debris out of the fence.
Fixing fence would be an easier job.
:unsure: Do you think it will get dry enough to burn any time soon?

:unsure: Do you think it will get dry enough to burn any time soon?
No !!! Been out all morning with my neighbor fixing fence from bull fight.
It's so wet the electric fence isn't working well.
The water is simply running out of the ground in sheets.
Beats drought!
Just looked at forecast predictions are for heavy rain through Tuesday morning.
Neighbor has no choice to put all his next to me.
Fifty percent of his fences are gone!
Can't get in to repair them.
Electric is all I have in the creek bottom other than a debris pile.

Been raining all day here…a lot of periods of just absolute down pours…no end in sight until tomorrow night from the looks of things…the Neches and Angelina Rivers are not going to be nice to @Caustic Burno and others downstream but he's right - it beats drought…we'll probably be wishing for this in July-August…life goes on

I've been following this thread with great interest. It's nice to see ranchers in the same general area as I'm outta the Lufkin area. We've had another 4.25" rain here to already soaked ground. But I concur with y'all…..this beats a drought any day.

I've been following this thread with great interest. It's nice to see ranchers in the same general area as I'm outta the Lufkin area. We've had another 4.25" rain here to already soaked ground. But I concur with y'all…..this beats a drought any day.
Howdy fellow denizen of the pineywoods…where in the Lufkin area? We're practically neighbors

We got about 4" and a good bit of dime size ail out of yesterday morning's downpour that may have been the hardest downpour I've ever seen in such a short period of time.

Saturday afternoon, Gatesville got pounded with golfball sized hail out of this cell. I took the pic from Killeen. You can see which part had the hail going on in it.
KIMG0527.JPG

Latest posts