Hello from Deep East Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes, sir…but she had already "left the nest" and got a little rental house when she graduated college. This is he send year of teaching first grade.

As for the other, not really interested in getting acquainted with the county jail…too much work to do. Spreader truck is getting started with the first 3 loads…a fourth is on the way. Maybe I'll go spray a spot that is going to be too wet by the end of the week.
*the second year of teaching first grade

Dang my fat fingers on this little iPhone keyboard

Yeehaw…here she comes…springtime in east Texas…hope the wind isn't too bad…I already have four big trees that I need to cut up and move…if you zoom in on the east side, I am directly below Longview about halfway through the body of the storm cell…just an easy rain right now with occasional thunder

Attachments

• IMG_1320.jpeg
    IMG_1320.jpeg
    369 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Dang it…missed two of the calves…I thought something was off last week when we had them in the lot…just didn't take the time to count…maybe this should be in the thread about questioning my intelligence…sux getting old…

On the plus side, rye grass is about to get baled…it will be interesting to see how much it makes

Yeehaw! Good old east Texas storm blowing through…heck of a light show tonight…rain probably going to set in for a few days…won't get much done tomorrow…sigh

You have two calves missing?
I have a 550 lb weaned steer that i have been looking for since Friday. Hadn't checked them for a week or more before that. 6 weaned calves were in a 4+ acre field with a half acre woods. One is gone. No buzzards, no sinkholes, no fence down. No way for anyone to load him out. Probably the gentlest calf in the bunch. Its puzzling.

I have a 550 lb weaned steer that i have been looking for since Friday. Hadn't checked them for a week or more before that. 6 weaned calves were in a 4+ acre field with a half acre woods. One is gone. No buzzards, no sinkholes, no fence down. No way for anyone to load him out. Probably the gentlest calf in the bunch. Its puzzling.
Hope you find him. I found a calf (alive) in a tree once.

Gentlest calf might be loaded with a rope.

Bear out of hibernation early? Scared him, jumped the fence??? We had a heifer that went missing and turned up 7-8 months later running the power lines... people on horseback would see her... wild like a deer..... finally wound up at neighbors with their bulls in the bull field... got her back 18 months later...totally feral acting.... in 2 days she was the first one in the barn to get feed in the bunk....and bred so kept her and she raised calves for 6-8 years before she come up open....

Missing 2 calves...like on "gone"...eaten??
No…just didn't get them in with the rest…they went undercover and didn't get vaccination/Ralgro…sneaky little farts…they are right up here in the pasture by the house with all the rest at the moment

Last edited:
Incidentally, not a drop of rain today. Tree #4 went down last night…thankfully didn't hit a fence. Spent the day burning smaller stuff picked up in the yard and used limb loppers to cut a lot of the smaller stuff from the crowns of the two downed trees closest to the house…burned all of that, too.

Dang it…missed two of the calves…I thought something was off last week when we had them in the lot…just didn't take the time to count…maybe this should be in the thread about questioning my intelligence…sux getting old…

On the plus side, rye grass is about to get baled…it will be interesting to see how much it makes
How much did it make?

Latest posts