Found a missing girl

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
Went to the farm yesterday. My bil's BIL was going in my river gate as I went to the pasture where the cows are to put out mineral. Found all 11 new calves in good health. Looked over some springing cows. Saw a deputy drive by. Then another. Thought it strange. Went over and talked to them. They said they had a missing gal that was possibly assaulted. Phone calls were traced to the area. Got to thinking n remembering that river entry about an hour back. Took a lady deputy in, put the truck in 4wd and went all the way in, got in the riverbed and drove up river as far as I could. Nothing. Driving back I saw fresh footprints. Barefoot (that ain't right). Fire n rescue was there now walking. Then I get a description of landmarks. I knew where she was. She had gone way up river. Went into the neighbor's place, went in about a half mile and started looking. High banks there. I heard her calling. Deputy radio'd and here came all the choppers.

My brother-in-law got ticked and called his brother-in-law. Turns out he took two ladies to the river to "swim". They were all drunk. The two ladies got in to it. The victim was on a fist full of zanax and drunk. He left her.

Told my BIL to never let him on the place again. He says, don't worry. "When he's sober we're going to talk and he'getting the finger in the face discussion. He ain't never alloed down here again".

I don't need all this drama. Had to fill out statements.

Why me?

Glad that gal is going to be okay. I was worried. Hope she don't remember how to get to my river paradise. Don't mind friends bringing kids down to fish and such but this wasn't that. If that gal does drugs and drinks like that,,what's anyone doing bringing her in?

Boogie you just have to be a horses ass to everyone and say no when it comes to going on your place.
You can't afford the liabilities that go with it. We live in a different world.
Drug's are today's world along with I don't give a shyt what happen's to your stuff, as long as I am having a good time.
We have had three murder's within a couple of miles of me all over drug's.
Heck we used to not have three murders in five year's. I know of no one that doesn't go to work in the pasture here without a pistol in their pocket.
Prison is full of people that got on drug's that had great Mom's and Dad's.
Son work's for the prison system said 90% of the inmate's from murder down is drug related.
He say's when they dry out some of the greatest people you have ever seen.
The amazing thing is they will tell him as soon as they get out they will be on drug's.
The high is that powerful they will do anything to get it again.

Good to hear it worked out as well as it did, and I've never understood the attraction some have to that drug thing to begin with--it makes no sense to me at all. A natural cullin of the human herd tho--sometimes.

greybeard":2z1k8hie said:
Good to hear it worked out as well as it did, and I've never understood the attraction some have to that drug thing to begin with--it makes no sense to me at all. A natural cullin of the human herd tho--sometimes.
Too bad retroactive birth control is against the law

Didn't much care for the guy to begin with. He was kin to a family member by marriage. I tolerated him. Never again will he around.

You're right Caustic. Got a problem dau of my own. That's embarrassing.

Can't be putting good people at risk. Can't be putting anyone at risk. That girl was lucky. Don't even know anything about her.

backhoeboogie":32gsqjeb said:
Didn't much care for the guy to begin with. He was kin to a family member by marriage. I tolerated him. Never again will he around.

You're right Caustic. Got a problem dau of my own. That's embarrassing.

Can't be putting good people at risk. Can't be putting anyone at risk. That girl was lucky. Don't even know anything about her.
You know she has poor judgement when it comes to associates and drugs. That would be enough knowledge for me

You have to really watch who you let on your place now days and that's a shame. We have several good stock tanks on our place that are (were till they all dried up last year) full of bass and catfish. Neighbors and friends would call and ask to go fishing and we would let them, lots of times I would go with em. That was all fine until some of them just started showing up unannounced, then people who we didn't even know started showing up and when asked who the he!! they are and why they are here they would say "oh so and so said we could come fish that yall don't care". We had to shut it off all together, changed all the locks and don't let anybody fish anymore unless we invite them.

Caustic Burno":3cd6n0ng said:
Boogie you just have to be a horses ass to everyone and say no when it comes to going on your place.
Drug's are today's world along with I don't give a shyt what happen's to your stuff, as long as I am having a good time.
Heck we used to not have three murders in five year's. I know of no one that doesn't go to work in the pasture here without a pistol in their pocket.
Son work's for the prison system said 90% of the inmate's from murder down is drug related.
The amazing thing is they will tell him as soon as they get out they will be on drug's.

So much truth in this it hurts to think about. My older brother got in with the wrong crowd out of highschool. He is one of the best people you could ever meet. Would give the shirt off his back. He knows he has a problem but can't ever get that monkey off his back. I can't count how many times he's been in jail, rehab, etc. Still don't have a pot to pizz in, or a window to throw it out of. He's tried moving to different towns to "start over", but apparently he's a white trash magnet. I've tried to get him to move back home, and I would help him get started with cattle. But he doubts his ability to rid himself of his problem, and he knows I wouldn't tolerate it. I try to be optimistic, but that attitude just set's me up for disappointment everytime. So, I conscentrate on raising my kids so they will know the risk of that lifestyle. They see their uncle, and the problems he has and don't want any part of that life. I guess serving as a bad example has some merit.
Backhoeboogie, I know the pain. Hang in there.

calfbuyer":27z69ttm said:
You have to really watch who you let on your place now days and that's a shame. We have several good stock tanks on our place that are (were till they all dried up last year) full of bass and catfish. Neighbors and friends would call and ask to go fishing and we would let them, lots of times I would go with em. That was all fine until some of them just started showing up unannounced, then people who we didn't even know started showing up and when asked who the he!! they are and why they are here they would say "oh so and so said we could come fish that yall don't care". We had to shut it off all together, changed all the locks and don't let anybody fish anymore unless we invite them.

This is true. It's when the friend start bringing their friends when the problems start. To much at stake

Boogie, I'm glad the 'girl' was found. Sorry to hear of the circumstances though. Times are not what they used to be.

As for letting people on your place, I understand what everyone's feeling is about this. There are a select few who we allow on this place and that selection has gotten even smaller----thanks to a neighbor who we do allow. He informed us that another fellow who we used to allow had brough a no account friend with him one time (we had been clear that only he and his son...no one else). They are now off the list.

Too risky these days.

it's sad what the "drug culture" has done to today's society.

Katherine

Ouachita":3b39xtxv said:
Caustic Burno":3b39xtxv said:

So much truth in this it hurts to think about. My older brother got in with the wrong crowd out of highschool. He is one of the best people you could ever meet. Would give the shirt off his back. He knows he has a problem but can't ever get that monkey off his back. I can't count how many times he's been in jail, rehab, etc. Still don't have a pot to pizz in, or a window to throw it out of. He's tried moving to different towns to "start over", but apparently he's a white trash magnet. I've tried to get him to move back home, and I would help him get started with cattle. But he doubts his ability to rid himself of his problem, and he knows I wouldn't tolerate it. I try to be optimistic, but that attitude just set's me up for disappointment everytime. So, I conscentrate on raising my kids so they will know the risk of that lifestyle. They see their uncle, and the problems he has and don't want any part of that life. I guess serving as a bad example has some merit.
Backhoeboogie, I know the pain. Hang in there.
Years ago I was class B brownbagging with a young lady whose sister was seriously screwed up from drugs. One of my nephews was starting to mess with them a little so I took him up to meet the sister. As far as I know he's been clean eversince and that was in the late 60's. Preaching doesn;t do any good but a clear example does help at times.

dun":22uquh5x said:
a clear example does help at times.

It worked for me! When I was younger, watching some of my peers "having fun partying" didn't look like too much fun when they were draped over a toilet bowl, or laying on the floor with 'God-only-knows-what' smeared on their faces, going nowhere in life, losing their jobs, getting kicked out of school, kicked out of their house, and going to jail didn't look like my kind of fun.

Now, I'm not saying I was a Saint, but as my husband put it one time, "when you're young and stupid, you drink, carry-on and have some fun but then you grow up and become a responsible adult".

Katherine

I can only speak to my personal experience. My parents graduated high school in the early 60's. They only had electricity for 4 years at that time. Dad never owned a TV until after they were married. Woodstock was something that happened in a land far far away. They never even considered teaching us about drugs, even if they had anything about them to teach. That was not their fault. I don't even remember the "just say no" campaign in school. I just think that rural country folks got took by surprise on the whole deal, as with many other things. I have seen my dad cry over my older brother, because he thought he did something wrong raising him. My Dad got ill with cancer, 2 years ago, and died in 10 days. My older brother was in jail at the time. He couldn't get out until the last minute. I went to pick him up at jail/rehab and we got there too late. My brother hadn't seen Dad for over 3 years. That will stick with me (and my brother) forever. Drugs are a bad thing

Backhoe! You did a good thing, helping that girl and your doing a great thing for your grand kids, you are more of a man than a lot out there!

Just my thoughts,
Alan

It might have done the little lassie some good to let her stay "missing" a little while longer. At least long enough to sober up to realize she was in trouble, how she got there and give her a chance to cry some sober crocodile tears. I guess, I'm an optimist as well.

I imagine everyone on this sight has had family or good friends affected by drugs. I realized a while back that I was the only one out of the 3 other kids I hung out with before kindergarten that didn't end up in jail because of them, and that is probably because I was more skeered of my dad than I was of peer pressure.

BB, there is a reason we are not held accountable for the decisions of our parents or for our adult children. Keep praying, you never know when someone's heart may be turned.

I'm with Charlie on dope dealers
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQWQc8cl2oY[/youtube]

Thanks everyone. That gal was scared and moving. She was just heading in the wrong direction. She got herself into a worse mess. It's just a good thing we were down there at the time. I know that area. A few others do too but No one else was around.

She's okay. That's what's important. Maybe this experience will have a change on her.

My daughter is still struggling. As long. As she is alive, there's hope. I have come to realize that there is nothing I can do to help her. She has to choose. She has reason to do so if she'll wake up and smell the coffee.

backhoeboogie":1b892hg9 said:
She has to choose. She has reason to do so if she'll wake up and smell the coffee.

Well Boogie, I hope she wakes up and smells that coffe and chooses to drink a great big old mug of that coffee and turn her life around once and for all. No doubt it would be the most difficult thing she's ever done, but well worth it. My oldest brother did it, it was a long hard climb, but he has always said it was worth the 'pain' of getting clean and sober.

Katherine

Commercialfarmer":2n0dvj06 said:
It might have done the little lassie some good to let her stay "missing" a little while longer. At least long enough to sober up to realize she was in trouble, how she got there and give her a chance to cry some sober crocodile tears. I guess, I'm an optimist as well.

I imagine everyone on this sight has had family or good friends affected by drugs. I realized a while back that I was the only one out of the 3 other kids I hung out with before kindergarten that didn't end up in jail because of them, and that is probably because I was more skeered of my dad than I was of peer pressure.

BB, there is a reason we are not held accountable for the decisions of our parents or for our adult children. Keep praying, you never know when someone's heart may be turned.

I'm with Charlie on dope dealers
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQWQc8cl2oY[/youtube]

When a baby is born our job is to love, feed, cloth, protect and teach.
When they reach adulthood our job is over that is why the Good Lord gave us free will.
Forbidden fruit alway's taste the sweetest has since the Garden of Eden.
The only person that can make a person quit is them. They have to want to.
Stayin lost in my country will get you ate by a gator, hog or drown if you don't know what your doing.
We have lot's of dark scary water.

When a baby is born our job is to love, feed, cloth, protect and teach.
When they reach adulthood our job is over that is why the Good Lord gave us free will.
This maybe, but we are still there to advise and protect for as long as we are their parents....even when they have babies of their own. We are parents to the end, as you never seem to stop worrying about them. The worries may be different but they are still there. Or is it a Mum thing?

ps glad you found the girl, and hope she sobbers up and realises how lucky she was that you were there, and she learns form this experiance.

Latest posts