Ebola in the USA

Help Support CattleToday:

Chuckie":3nbz5kn6 said:
Since Obama is letting all these people in with diseases, I hope that he is footing the bill for the ones that catch it here.
Chuckie, Any U S Citizen who contracts it better have insurance or they will be billed for it. Would be interested in knowing who is picking up the tab for the Liberian.

I want to be an optomist. The USA has the finest health care system in the world. Water, sewage, food inspction and hospitals. But, the Secret service head had to resign. The head of the Veterans Administration had to resign. This administration is incompetent. Massively incompetent. Is the CDC cheif any better. It sure doesn't look like it. I suspect he is still taking Wednesdays off while this crisis boils. I hope I'm wrong.
I feel fairly safe. I'm a ways from an international airport, and I don't cuddle with people who have traveled to places they ask me about when I donate blood.
I'm scared and I think this will get a lot worse. And I imagine the politically correct response will be that we have to open the borders to folks from Liberia.
Barack, I wish I'd never heard your name.

NBC camera has eboli. Granted he had only been employed by NBC for one day before becoming symptomatic however ...

http://nomorecocktails.com/post/2014/10 ... Ebola.aspx
An American freelance cameraman working for NBC News in Liberia has Ebola and will be flown back to the US for treatment. The camerman was to be a second shooter for NBC News Chief Medical Editor and Correspondent Dr. Nancy Snyderman who is there with three other NBC News employees, reporting on the Ebola outbreak.

He came down with symptoms on Wednesday, specifically showing signs of fatigue and arthralgia. He checked his temp and found he had a fever. He immediately quarantined himself. On Thursday morning, the 33 year-old American went to a Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) treatment center to be tested for the virus. The positive result came back just under 12 hours later.

He is now the fourth American to have contracted Ebola in Liberia.

"We are doing everything we can to get him the best care possible. He will be flown back to the United States for treatment at a medical center that is equipped to handle Ebola patients," NBC News President Deborah Turness said in a note to staff.

"We are also taking all possible measures to protect our employees and the general public," Turness added in the note. "The rest of the crew, including Dr. Nancy, are being closely monitored and show no symptoms or warning signs. However, in an abundance of caution, we will fly them back on a private charter flight and then they will place themselves under quarantine in the United States for 21 days – which is at the most conservative end of the spectrum of medical guidance."

bbirder, There is no way the government would pick up the bill for our new diseases. I was just trying to irritate those like myself that doesn't like the fact he lets all these people in, and then how the Obama administration will not report on things as it actually happens.

The kid passing out information about ebola being in the school was trying to get " School's Out" for a few days so he was being real creative.
Makes me look pretty primitive sitting next to the radio waiting to hear that my school was closed because it was snowing. Happy Times! :lol2:

TexasBred":3afxviiu said:
Apparently it's not as easy to catch as some of us might thing. It does appear that it is dam hard to get over though IF you catch it. That's the part I don't like.
See Hillsdowns last post. I doubt the cameraman was swappin spit or body fluids with any of the affected indigenous population.

It is mind blowing that a guy can just buy a plane ticket and be inside the United States a few hours later.

Of course we do have an election coming up soon so the free phone tents are positioned in certain neighborhoods across the south. Thomas Duncan was flying here to vote then going home to Liberia.
HL_20141003030737.jpg

In April 2010, Politico reported the administration "quietly dumped quarantine rules that would have required air passengers to submit more information to airlines and strengthened the government's authority to detain travelers suspected of carrying disease."
Politico initially reported in August of 2009 that the Obama administration examined Bush administration 2005 quarantine regulations, which were criticized by civil liberty advocates.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... tine-rules

Anybody want to guess what loops you'd have to jump through to get your dog in the US from Liberia or about any other nation? Cattle? Infected kid from Guatemala.... oh wait, there's an express train for that along with housing and free transportation when they hit the border.

Brought to you by the letter O, free phones, free birth control, dishonest media, communism, and a ignorant use of the word racist.

greybeard":yoyzgs7o said:
TexasBred":yoyzgs7o said:
Apparently it's not as easy to catch as some of us might thing. It does appear that it is dam hard to get over though IF you catch it. That's the part I don't like.
See Hillsdowns last post. I doubt the cameraman was swappin spit or body fluids with any of the affected indigenous population.
That's the point. With an incubation period of up to 3 weeks the person you were swapping spit with 2 weeks ago with no symptoms my be dead today....You never know how much "temptation" might have been in front of him. Apparently he was swapping fluids with someone or something that was contaminated.

I heard this morning that the Real strain of Ebola is 100% lethal- the mutant strains we are dealing with are around 60%. also it was detected in some monkey imports here in the 70's

M5farm":a1mcsoet said:
I heard this morning that the Real strain of Ebola is 100% lethal- the mutant strains we are dealing with are around 60%. also it was detected in some monkey imports here in the 70's
The monkey strain was called Reston Ebola--imported fro the Philipines if I remember correctly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reston_virus

and today: Wash D.C. man admitted to hospital with "Ebola like" symptoms and placed in quarantine. He too had recently travelled to Nigeria.
http://time.com/3461573/ebola-washington-dc/

A patient with Ebola-like symptoms who recently traveled to Nigeria has been admitted to Howard University Hospital in Washington D.C., according to a Howard spokesperson, but the person has not yet been confirmed to be infected with the disease.

"In an abundance of caution, we have activated the appropriate infection control protocols, including isolating the patient," said Howard spokesperson Kerry-Ann Hamilton in a statement.

Hamilton declined to identify the patient, citing privacy concerns. The hospital is working closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other health officials, she said.
Nothing to worry about tho, cuz Ebola is simply 'Sooo' hard to catch. :roll: :roll: :roll:

We just got back in town and nothing was said about Ebola by anyone on the ship. One reason I knew about it was the news on the tv in the room. Dead eye came down with a bug that has the initial symptoms, needing iv fluids and all, and the doc didn't say anything at all. He was quarantined for a day which doesn't do much good in tight quarters. And people still going in and out of the "quarantine" room. With 2000 people from all over the world in such tight quarters, you'd think they would be a little bit more stringent on their policies. I'll catch up on the rest of the situation on Ebola tonight

as soon as enough people get this gov't inflicted disease big pharm will step up and come up with a shot/treatment plan drug
not enough people dying from it yet so no reason to step up with a cure..why do you think it was rampant in africa...duh..nobody can pay for drugs there..no money in it

you dont actually think that flu shot is free do ya? if there isnt money behind it somewhere you wont ever see it...

greybeard":qebkg0d6 said:
Hamilton declined to identify the patient, citing privacy concerns. The hospital is working closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other health officials, she said.
Nothing to worry about tho, cuz Ebola is simply 'Sooo' hard to catch. :roll: :roll: :roll:[/quote]
And "O" has already assured us that in the USA, with all of our advanced technology Ebola could never be a problem. Somebody forgot to tell the virus.

dieselbeef":1uz5xe2o said:
as soon as enough people get this gov't inflicted disease big pharm will step up and come up with a shot/treatment plan drug
not enough people dying from it yet so no reason to step up with a cure..why do you think it was rampant in africa...duh..nobody can pay for drugs there..no money in it

you dont actually think that flu shot is free do ya? if there isnt money behind it somewhere you wont ever see it...
Conspiracy theorist ?? ;-) Every company expects to be paid for it's R&D as they should. I ain't never worked for nothing either if I could get paid.

TexasBred":3cylygqi said:
dieselbeef":3cylygqi said:

Conspiracy theorist ?? ;-) Every company expects to be paid for it's R&D as they should. I ain't never worked for nothing either if I could get paid.
A lot of cancer treatments that work aren't approved here because of money alone. Big pharm makes a killing off of cancer

hey man im not sayin it aint a real threat..im just sayin it isn't cast effective yet to prevent /cure it...

soon it will be and it will end...

heres a thought ...whens the last time ya have heard of someone really rich dying of cancer? world leader? hmm