Ebola in the USA

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man":37v4rull said:
Scary as He[[ if you ask me!
No kidding....have you noticed that all the "victims" returned to the USA have been sent to different medical facilities?? Sounds almost like they're planting the seed here, there and yonder for future expansion. I thought they originally they said this could only be transferred via body fluids but now wondering.

The world was told that this ebola outbreak cannot be contained and it needs to be given top priority at this time, not Isis .

This is not the end it is the beginning , and you bet your @ss it is scary as h@ll . Time to NOT let anyone back into the country if they travel to any of these infected areas . DR, aid worker or Joe Blow civilian .

Apparently, African airports are checking passengers for fever and declining boarding until Ebola is ruled out. Doesn't catch those incubating the virus and not showing symptoms, tho.

What Ebola lacks to really get a foothold in this country is a natural reservoir host. An animal that carries the virus but isn't killed by it. In Africa, that is thought to be a fruit bat. Compared to Africa, we don't have many bats, so the virus would probably need to find another reservoir host.
We all better hope that doesn't end up being dogs cats----------or Bovines.

TexasBred":129qpmiz said:
TN Cattle Man":129qpmiz said:
No kidding....have you noticed that all the "victims" returned to the USA have been sent to different medical facilities?? Sounds almost like they're planting the seed here, there and yonder for future expansion. I thought they originally they said this could only be transferred via body fluids but now wondering.

They are sending them to the few places in the country with the top-level biohazard containment facilities. They sent the first group to Emory which is, I understand, literally on the grounds of the CDC. They sent the second group to a similar facility at a different location, so that if we do have an outbreak here, there is more than one place with expertise in handling it.

It is not spread by air or water, or generally by food.

boondocks":37sv7pnp said:
TexasBred":37sv7pnp said:
TN Cattle Man":37sv7pnp said:

Not exactly----and "not yet".

It is true, that this virus can't live more than a very few minutes (seconds? ) in air so it isn't transmitted from surfaces like flu and cold virus are most commonly transmitted, but it is also true, that ebola can be spread by aerosol droplets--the 2nd most common way cold and flu are spread------ie--being sneezed or coughed on by an infected person.

And, the more geographical locations any virus crops up at, the more environments it encounters. As this happens, it increases the chance that this pathogen (or any other) will mutate and living things almost always mutate and almost always mutate in such a way to increase their own survival. The mutation to being air transmittable (if it occurs) will most likely take place while it is in a dormant stage--in the wild in it's reservoir host.

The story we heard on the news is that the infected individual is a citizen of Liberia who is visiting family in Dallas. It is quite possible he is one of the homosexual Africans given "amnesty" by our government to come here. Political correctness strikes again.

boondocks":2lejmclf said:
TexasBred":2lejmclf said:
TN Cattle Man":2lejmclf said:

They are sending them to the few places in the country with the top-level biohazard containment facilities. They sent the first group to Emory which is, I understand, literally on the grounds of the CDC. They sent the second group to a similar facility at a different location, so that if we do have an outbreak here, there is more than one place with expertise in handling it.

True but from what I heard any moisture such as sweat, a sneeze, or cough contains the virus and a body opening is little more than your mouth, eyes and nose. Doesn't have to be a cut etc. Still seems that if Emory Univ. was the best place for the 1st victim...it should be the best place for the 2nd, 3rd and others.

TexasBred":10h59mdi said:
Still seems that if Emory Univ. was the best place for the 1st victim...it should be the best place for the 2nd, 3rd and others.

I disagree. Need to keep them in Texas. Better yet, they need to stay their azz in Liberia.

Jogeephus":1mgfidk2 said:
TexasBred":1mgfidk2 said:
Still seems that if Emory Univ. was the best place for the 1st victim...it should be the best place for the 2nd, 3rd and others.

I disagree. Need to keep them in Texas. Better yet, they need to stay their azz in Liberia.
Can't disagree with that. :nod:

TexasBred":38fu9lkx said:
Jogeephus":38fu9lkx said:
TexasBred":38fu9lkx said:

Can't disagree with that. :nod:

They need to set up a quarantine facility in DC. They can transport everyone there via Air Force 1.

It would change policy in a hurry. Obama hates Texas.

Latest posts