Do you remember?

Help Support CattleToday:

yogi and booboo, captain caveman, foghorn leghorn, tweety, wylie coyote, scooby-doo, huckleberry hound, pepe lepue, the OLD mickey mouse club, donald, daffy, goofy, pluto, popeye and olive oyl, quickdraw mcgraw, betty boop!!! kids nowadays watch cartoons that are not nearly as good as the ones we all grew up with!!! ;-)

ranchwife":1l9zei8h said:
yogi and booboo, captain caveman, foghorn leghorn, tweety, wylie coyote, scooby-doo, huckleberry hound, pepe lepue, the OLD mickey mouse club, donald, daffy, goofy, pluto, popeye and olive oyl, quickdraw mcgraw, betty boop!!! kids nowadays watch cartoons that are not nearly as good as the ones we all grew up with!!! ;-)

Holy Moly....can't believe I left out Yosemite Sam....the rootinest, tootenest, shootenist cowpoke this side of the Mississippi!!!!

I remember most of what has been mentioned. Looney tunes were my favorite. Although not cartoons, I remeber Hopalong Cassidy, Captain Kangaroo, Zorro, Sky King, The Cisco Kid, The Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, and I'm sure some others I'll remember later.

Loved the Road Runner, too, but can't remember if he was part of the Looney Tunes crew or not.

BTW, Alice, I nicknamed my little brother Boo Boo 'cause of Yogi Bear. Still call him that sometimes, even though he's 42 now. :D

ranchwife":7921hsmq said:
ranchwife":7921hsmq said:

Holy Moly....can't believe I left out Yosemite Sam....the rootinest, tootenest, shootenist cowpoke this side of the Mississippi!!!!

That's a heckuva lineup!

VanC, sounds like you spent a lot of time in front of the TV on Saturdays as a kid -- I did too. Do you remember "Fury" and My Friend Flicka? They sure don't make westerns (or cartoons) like they did "way back when", do they? Do you older folks remember westerns like Rawhide, The Rifleman, Have Gun Will Travel, Death Valley Days, Tombstone Territory, Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson, The Big Valley, The High Chaparral, Wanted Dead or Alive, The Rebel, Wagon Train, The Lone Ranger, Gunsmoke, Rin Tin Tin, The Virginian, Cheyenne, Wells Fargo?

Arnold Ziffle":1y28404h said:
VanC, sounds like you spent a lot of time in front of the TV on Saturdays as a kid -- I did too. Do you remember "Fury" and My Friend Flicka? They sure don't make westerns (or cartoons) like they did "way back when", do they? Do you older folks remember westerns like Rawhide, The Rifleman, Have Gun Will Travel, Death Valley Days, Tombstone Territory, Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson, The Big Valley, The High Chaparral, Wanted Dead or Alive, The Rebel, Wagon Train, The Lone Ranger, Gunsmoke, Rin Tin Tin, The Virginian, Cheyenne, Wells Fargo?

Alright one that used to tickle me Pete Puma.

Pete Puma is a fictional character, a cartoon puma, voiced by Stan Freberg. His first animated appearance was in the November 15, 1952 "Rabbit's Kin", a Merrie Melodies animated short directed by Robert McKimson, from story by Tedd Pierce. Animation was by Charles McKimson, Herman Cohen, Rod Scribner, and Phil De Lara.

Arnold Ziffle":3m4gvyqh said:

I remember them all except for Tombstone Territory. Never heard of that one.

Not a western or a cartoon, but who could forget Lassie?

VanC":1zg2rk5x said:
Not a western or a cartoon, but who could forget Lassie?

Or Rin Tin Tin, Hopalong Cassidy, Lash Larue, Cisco Kid, Cookla Fran and Ollie

dun":3gpdc3od said:
Tom Slick, and Super Chicken with his sidekick Fred. Of the recent ones, Pinky and The Brain. The Dinosaurs, with Earl Sneed Sinclair, Robbie, Fran, Charlene and baby Sinclair, that was funny stuff

dun

I loved Super Chicken. They used to show all the old cartoons on cartoon network when it first came on.

Arnold Ziffle":13j5izi1 said:
VanC, sounds like you spent a lot of time in front of the TV on Saturdays as a kid -- I did too. Do you remember "Fury" and My Friend Flicka?

Perhaps I'm wrong here, but "Fury" was a weekly programed show, while "My Friend Flicka" was a movie?

They sure don't make westerns (or cartoons) like they did "way back when", do they? Do you older folks remember westerns like Rawhide, The Rifleman, Tombstone Territory, The Big Valley, The High Chaparral, Wanted Dead or Alive, Wagon Train, The Lone Ranger, Gunsmoke, Rin Tin Tin, The Virginian?

Having deleted all of the programs I don't remember, I can say I enjoyed the ones left! :)

msscamp":3h6uiwzs said:
Arnold Ziffle":3h6uiwzs said:
VanC, sounds like you spent a lot of time in front of the TV on Saturdays as a kid -- I did too. Do you remember "Fury" and My Friend Flicka?

Perhaps I'm wrong here, but "Fury" was a weekly programed show, while "My Friend Flicka" was a movie?

They sure don't make westerns (or cartoons) like they did "way back when", do they? Do you older folks remember westerns like Rawhide, The Rifleman, Tombstone Territory, The Big Valley, The High Chaparral, Wanted Dead or Alive, Wagon Train, The Lone Ranger, Gunsmoke, Rin Tin Tin, The Virginian?

Having deleted all of the programs I don't remember, I can say I enjoyed the ones left! :)

My friend flicka was a tv series in the mid 50's. Can't believe no one had mentioned Sky King!

dun

dun":p4ujqu0d said:
msscamp":p4ujqu0d said:
Arnold Ziffle":p4ujqu0d said:

My friend flicka was a tv series in the mid 50's. Can't believe no one had mentioned Sky King!

dun

Ah, I see - I didn't make my appearance til 1958, so I had no way of knowing that. Someone did mention Sky King actually, I believe it was VanC.

msscamp":3jd66l15 said:
Someone did mention Sky King actually, I believe it was VanC.

Didn;t see it among all of the babble. Either that or it didn;t register. I wasn;t much into tv. When I left home I think there were only 3 stations on the air and they were only on a couple of hours a day. but I sure enjoyed The Whistler, The Shadow, The Great Gildersleeve, Fibber McGee and Molly, Jack Benny and all of those radio shows.

There are lots of memories here. Most of my favorites were named already except I remember "Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel..."

And, no one mentioned the Pink Panther. I only saw him at the theatre entry strings. (back then there were only a couple of channels and one television)

I didn't come along until '59. My older siblings were always watching Dark Shadows and terrifying me to death with it.

Oh, God, we are so old!!! Now I feel the depression setting in!!

dun":1la4o29l said:
msscamp":1la4o29l said:
Someone did mention Sky King actually, I believe it was VanC.

Didn;t see it among all of the babble. Either that or it didn;t register. I wasn;t much into tv. When I left home I think there were only 3 stations on the air and they were only on a couple of hours a day. but I sure enjoyed The Whistler, The Shadow, The Great Gildersleeve, Fibber McGee and Molly, Jack Benny and all of those radio shows.

I can still remember my folks listening to The Shadow when I was very young, but TV was taking over about then.

jw":2nmjutg7 said:
Oh, God, we are so old!!! Now I feel the depression setting in!!

speak for yourself, I came into the world in 1954, as did one other I now on here, and I am 52 years young, grow old disgracefully is my motto, a geriatric teenager is what my Girls have christened me. but not mutton dressed as lamb. or a silk purse and sowes ear. dignified disgrace.

Latest posts