Craigslist cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

I guess there is but I just can't imagine why someone would think those are worth much of anything. It would be hard to get a bid on some of those at a stockyard.
The buyers for such animals have never seen a stockyard and have no idea of the actual cattle industry. All it takes is momma and the kids liking the cute calf and with todays prices for some pet dogs the calf isn't that far out of reality. Now if they're actually looking to get into cattle production they are in for a rude awakening.

The buyers for such animals have never seen a stockyard and have no idea of the actual cattle industry. All it takes is momma and the kids liking the cute calf and with todays prices for some pet dogs the calf isn't that far out of reality. Now if they're actually looking to get into cattle production they are in for a rude awakening.
Guess I'm out of touch with lots of prices. My 2 dogs were free and still have been costly.

I wonder how many of those calves survive past 3 months at a buyer's home-either death or resale.

You hit it right on the head. These type "cattle" are little more than total PET material....

Guess I'm out of touch with lots of prices. My 2 dogs were free and still have been costly.
@kenny thomas you gotta make a trip up here to the "exotic sale" at Shen valley livestock one of the Thursday sales... 4th Thurs of the month I think. You will get an education in prices of "exotic" (mini's, oddballs, etc). Let me know if you all do decide to come this way... love to meet you, I'll buy supper at the sale... gotta get there early to get seats... If there is much stuff sale can easily run to midnight....

@kenny thomas you gotta make a trip up here to the "exotic sale" at Shen valley livestock one of the Thursday sales... 4th Thurs of the month I think. You will get an education in prices of "exotic" (mini's, oddballs, etc). Let me know if you all do decide to come this way... love to meet you, I'll buy supper at the sale... gotta get there early to get seats... If there is much stuff sale can easily run to midnight....
I will do that.

I bet they sell her.

But I bet she only brings about 2500
Shes got an impressive pedigree for a mini.
The fun is in the breeding. It's a hobby thing. She will need a horned highland bull when the time comes.
Missed that point, a designer mutt calf. That will make her worth more money.

Latest posts