Craigslist cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Mom at one point had 40 some barn cats. Dad told her she had to cut those numbers down, so we put an ad in the paper for free cats. Dad was out there catching cats with a fishing net. There was a lady that came all the way from Casper just for a few white cats, as we had several of them. She didn't care it they were wild. I think they gave away about 30 cats.
At the ranch in South Dakota we were too close to town. We'd get cats dumped every week. At first I was trapping them and taking them in to Sturgis, to the county shelter. But we didn't go in to town that often and it was too far to drive just to drop off cats. And the guy at the shelter told me that almost 100% of the cats were euthanized because people only wanted kittens. So I started shooting them. One week I shot 9 cats that had been dropped off. We were a quarter mile off the county road and the damn cats would still show up. I'm a big proponent of spaying...

At the ranch in South Dakota we were too close to town. We'd get cats dumped every week. At first I was trapping them and taking them in to Sturgis, to the county shelter. But we didn't go in to town that often and it was too far to drive just to drop off cats. And the guy at the shelter told me that almost 100% of the cats were euthanized because people only wanted kittens. So I started shooting them. One week I shot 9 cats that had been dropped off. We were a quarter mile off the county road and the damn cats would still show up. I'm a big proponent of spaying...
I'm a big proponent of shooting them. Feral cats are ecological terrorists. If you have them and you don't have a home for them, you just need to shoot them. Even if they don't breed, in one life they will destroy a ton of wildlife.

View attachment 23817
Check out that noggin …
I am not a Hereford person but I have much respect for the hours of work and the effort required to bring the cattle in
the photo to this point. The young man looks proud and rightfully so. This industry needs young people with the
dedication implied in the photo.

Latest posts