Cougar attack, pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know about the cougar deal, watch lots the issues here involving cowgirl8, have to agree with
her on the data issue. I'm a mile off road, 5 miles from closest cable internet, 3 miles closest line hub, only minimal on cell data. Limited to satellite internet, was able to get by mid line data package before gifted wife with I Pad for Christmas. Now max data plan is used monthly. Their 20 Gig free (2-8 AM) farce always have
90 % that left, but that part of their advertising. If I want heavy download/upload, I set clock and get up start during (free period). Argued with Apple on this as in inability to shut off constant synchronizing. Their comment,
(Most people are not limited by data usage). My 2 cents.

That's why I said post a link to the picture that she said had already been uploaded.
That didn't fly, and she used more data saying she wouldn't, than she would of just posting the link.

This reminds me a bit of the thread about bullying. One starts and everyone else jumps on. Put the lady on ignore and go on with cattle business.

Or we can just wait till tomorrow and look at the pictures. I'm more puzzled by the statement that she doesn't carry a gun on the 4 wheeler because it might get dirty. It might just save your life, a dirty gun is better than no gun.

Didn't Earnest Hemmingway say something like.....I'd rather have it scratched from use, than rusting in a sheath.

True Grit Farms":1ii0iv8b said:
I'm more puzzled by the statement that she doesn't carry a gun on the 4 wheeler because it might get dirty. It might just save your life, a dirty gun is better than no gun.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

True Grit Farms":3tgc11nn said:
Or we can just wait till tomorrow and look at the pictures. I'm more puzzled by the statement that she doesn't carry a gun on the 4 wheeler because it might get dirty. It might just save your life, a dirty gun is better than no gun.
I'm more puzzled by the fact she can't tell the difference in a British and Australian accent.

TexasBred":3rwijemw said:
This reminds me a bit of the thread about bullying. One starts and everyone else jumps on. Put the lady on ignore and go on with cattle business.

I agree
Whether it's was a cougar or not doesn't really matter
Maybe just maybe someone could offer some advice as to how to deal with whatever attacked the calf.
Try to be helpful, you know neighborly

Cross-7":18rrr9c0 said:
TexasBred":18rrr9c0 said:

I agree
Whether it's was a cougar or not doesn't really matter
Maybe just maybe someone could offer some advice as to how to deal with whatever attacked the calf.
Try to be helpful, you know neighborly
You usually get the type attention you desire or have brought on yourself on the board.

TennesseeTuxedo":1xk4d0u4 said:
Would not the strategy for how to deal with the offending predator vary greatly depending on what said predator actually is?
:nod:

I got a question for you guys, how do you identify a feral hog kill (assuming you interrupted the meal time)?

Muddy":1wrl79l5 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1wrl79l5 said:
Would not the strategy for how to deal with the offending predator vary greatly depending on what said predator actually is?
:nod:

I got a question for you guys, how do you identify a feral hog kill (assuming you interrupted the meal time)?

A few bones, usually femers, and a liitle hide.

Pictures coming..Not posting any that i know will be torn apart. First set, you can see the cats back and tail...The pictures i got this morning are much better, same tail and back at the same spot in one picture....but in another, the cat on the log. We do have the times he crosses, so after one more night we'll be waiting for him..Again, all night pictures and not as good as i want them to be. SOOOO, i went back and moved the camera. I picked out a tree that will get a view down the log. I was attaching it to the tree, and looked over my right shoulder and saw a den...I WAS STANDING AT ITS DEN!!!! right there, about 4 ft away.....Now, not sure the cat was in there, it was a dug out spot in that creek bank and deep enough that i could not see into it. The bank is about 20 ft in some spots, 10 in others. this one was about 10, but the den was above that uphill but still on the bank..The spot is under a tree below the roots.
I carried a gun for many years...and never used it. Hated cleaning it every day.... I rely on keeping my self from getting cornered. I know this area like the back of my hand and i can take off road and lose anyone, well, unless they are on another 4wheeler.. I rarely leave my 4wheeler, so the cougar den was kind of a OOPS wished i had my gun kind of moment. In the morning husband is coming with me, he's way way better with a gun.
We will get this cat...and i'm going to have him stuffed and on my wall...

I got to thinking about this and i thought, why share pictures here? But, not everyone here is a total azz, there are some nice normal people in this forum, the only reason i hang around. So, I do have a good, although taken at night, picture i'd love to share with anyone who has not been a troll....PM me and i'll PM you the picture.... Trolls need not apply... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts