Clothes Leaving the House

Help Support CattleToday:

I have to mention what I saw today.

I went to the state fair today, and there was an overweight man sitting on a bench with his t-shirt pulled up exposing his entire stomach. He was just sitting there like he was the most beautiful thing on earth.

jedstivers":hx55czho said:
Y'all put down yoga pants all you want.
I like them if they are on a girl they need to be on.

I won't lie, in certain situations yoga pants look like they were seen by the hand of God himself, but they are still not, in my opinion, a choice for everyday wear. It's as the person is saying "Look at my butt, it's good isn't it?" Is just attention seeking behavior that I unfortunately usually succumb to.

Bestoutwest":8um49r5b said:
jedstivers":8um49r5b said:

I won't lie, in certain situations yoga pants look like they were seen by the hand of God himself, but they are still not, in my opinion, a choice for everyday wear. It's as the person is saying "Look at my butt, it's good isn't it?" It's just attention seeking behavior that I unfortunately usually succumb to.

If they want us to look it would be rude not to.

I wear cutoff jeans only on one occasion, but it's generally every day. Wife and I (actually just I) were ordered to get more exercise on account of my diabetes and poor circulation in my legs and feet, so I decided we'd buy & ride real bicycles instead of an Exercycle--wanted something we could do together. Riding with jeans on is a chore, they sap your energy, as the fabric moves over your knees every pedal stroke. We're up to 7 miles now, and I can tell the difference. (no, we don't have those stupid looking helmets, but if we ever get off the local road and on to a FM road we're supposed to)

zCcz0.jpg

dun":1493azoh said:
what are yoga pants?
Tight fitting, skin tight stretch pants, of about the same material sweat shirts are made of.
Look good on a some people, not-so-good on most people, tho that fact never seems to matter to the latter.

I think earlier someone mentioned jeans with holes in them. We had a kid at work a while back wearing some of those. I asked him if he'd bought them like that, and he said he had. I told him "I've thrown away better pants than those."

We went out to eat at a nicer restaurant (for here) Friday night and there were people in there in cargo shorts and flip flops. Im not against cargo shorts and crocs to run in to Academy or what ever but at some point you have to draw the line. If that was my restaurant I would put a dress code for certain times.

There was one guy there like that sitting at a table beside us and his wife was all dolled up. Good looking lady for her age and you could tell she went out of her way to strut it out that night. He's in cargo shorts, a ratty tshirt, and flips flops you see in rap videos. Not a good look on a 50+ year old man. He will be the guy wondering why his wife left him. If they would have had a dance floor I would have asked her to dance just so she would know some one took notice.

Rafter S":3vg2737q said:
Bestoutwest":3vg2737q said:
jedstivers":3vg2737q said:

I won't lie, in certain situations yoga pants look like they were seen by the hand of God himself, but they are still not, in my opinion, a choice for everyday wear. It's as the person is saying "Look at my butt, it's good isn't it?" It's just attention seeking behavior that I unfortunately usually succumb to.

I learned in church that to look and see beauty is only natural but to look back a second time is lustful. Lesson learned... I try to make sure I see all I can the first time around. :nod:

Brute 23":3k0gqekf said:
We went out to eat at a nicer restaurant (for here) Friday night and there were people in there in cargo shorts and flip flops. Im not against cargo shorts and crocs to run in to Academy or what ever but at some point you have to draw the line. If that was my restaurant I would put a dress code for certain times.

There was one guy there like that sitting at a table beside us and his wife was all dolled up. Good looking lady for her age and you could tell she went out of her way to strut it out that night. He's in cargo shorts, a ratty tshirt, and flips flops you see in rap videos. Not a good look on a 50+ year old man. He will be the guy wondering why his wife left him. If they would have had a dance floor I would have asked her to dance just so she would know some one took notice.

Good examples. I don't know when people stopped policing their own body.

I'm 49. Although I'm average build and not too deplorable in the right light, I don't figure that people want to look at my hairy legs while they eat a steak, even if they only look for a few seconds. I also figure they don't want to see my man-feet through some sissy looking sandal. If I haven't shaved my neck a little below the t-shirt neckline in a while, I dislike wearing a t-shirt in public. Theres nothing more appetizing than fuzzy back hair sticking out of a shirt.

I just feel like people should try to look as decent as possible according to the environment as respect to others, but I've noticed not everybody shares that philosophy.

cow pollinater":3m3y6f7c said:
Rafter S":3m3y6f7c said:
Bestoutwest":3m3y6f7c said:

I learned in church that to look and see beauty is only natural but to look back a second time is lustful. Lesson learned... I try to make sure I see all I can the first time around. :nod:
A 2 minute unbroken stare is still considered the 1st look....right?

greybeard":slkop1sr said:
cow pollinater":slkop1sr said:
Rafter S":slkop1sr said:
Yes.

North America has became a melting pot of "sub-cultures" often influenced by what is seen on TV and the media. "preppy", "hippy", "punk" etc. For some people their clothes are a "statement" about who they are or who they are trying to be, or in some cases a cry for attention,-- sometimes in the wrong way. I personally think "punk" is disgusting, especially when their faces look like a "goalie for a dart team", and they haven't washed in-- when ever. I am talking filth, not dirt acquired from hard work. However-- sometimes we have to try to look beyond the clothes and try to see the person underneath, even when it isn't easy to breathe, because –they smell—well not so good, and I don't mean cow barn either. Take for example- there is an individual that many mock because this person is a severe- burn out—drugs—booze etc. One day, this person told me that as a young child, they came home to find one of their parents dead on the floor—suicide. The other parent blamed the child why the other parent was dead.. I can only imagine the emotional trauma suffered, and can easily understand why they drink so much. Similarly, some people might be like that because life had dealt them a hard hand and they don't care anymore, not just a lazy slob.. I figure dress for the job or occasion, or whatever. What is "normal" may vary from area of the country to different areas. I know a few preachers, who dress very neatly in expensive western style clothes, but that is normal for this area, as there is a fair sized ranch community around, and if they walked up in a suit and tie, and a " better than thou" attitude, there would be raised eye brows.. I know an area in the caribou where there is a high portion of millionaires, but you would never know it by the clothes, blue jeans and Mac Jackets / shirts are common. Another situation I have encountered was when the kids were very young. A man did not realize adults / larger kids were present and approached with what I believe were ulterior motives, who when realizing others were present-- he quickly split. He was dressed "to the max" in a suit and tie, with short clipped hair. No grungy street clothes there.. Another incident was during the O.J. Simpson trial. I was standing in a grocery line and there was a greasy grungy biker type behind me. The guy pointed to the "slander sheet" concerning O.J. Simpson, and said— " when the Lord Jesus Christ returns, he won't get away with that'! My mouth must have hit the floor, cause I had to "pick my jaw back up and put it back on my face". That was the last thing I had ever expected to hear from that guy. So one can't always "read a book by its cover," although one might have an inkling on what is going on inside. And yeah, I have gone to church in clean double fronted Carharts and a clean nice Tee shirt, with steel toed boots underneath, cause one don't always know when one has to kick something more than a cow pie!! LOL

jedstivers":pc869q26 said:
greybeard":pc869q26 said:
cow pollinater":pc869q26 said:
Yes.

It's also grounds for your wife's elbow in your ribs too, that and when I doze off.

Larry

larryshoat":161zwvu5 said:
jedstivers":161zwvu5 said:
greybeard":161zwvu5 said:
Yes.

It's also grounds for your wife's elbow in your ribs too, that and when I doze off.

Larry
They fail to see the humor in things sometimes.
Thay take life entirely to seriously.

jedstivers":37v5tt3g said:
larryshoat":37v5tt3g said:
jedstivers":37v5tt3g said:

Larry
They fail to see the humor in things sometimes.
Thay take life entirely to seriously.
yep..Got proof of it too.
I recieved a pretty stern warning at her best friend's wedding, after she caught me oogling one of the bridesmaids.

Latest posts