Clothes Leaving the House

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven":3vdtw5xv said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3vdtw5xv said:
Bright Raven":3vdtw5xv said:
That means you preach in Wranglers.

Not unusual. The preacher at Engage Church in Aurora, MO. preaches in clothes more casual than I wear to the grocery store.

That bothers me. Sloppily dressed preachers that is.

Judge them by what comes from their mouth not the garments they wear.

Preach on. TT likes them to look like used car salesmen

I do also try really hard not to wear the three or four pairs of jeans with holes in the crotch on beekeeping days but I still get dressed in the dark most days so I've learned to carry duct tape with my beekeeping gear.

Craig Miller":bkbeyyzj said:
Bright Raven":bkbeyyzj said:
TennesseeTuxedo":bkbeyyzj said:

Did I write that?

TennesseeTuxedo":341d7065 said:
Craig Miller":341d7065 said:
Bright Raven":341d7065 said:

Did I write that?

I think I may have read into what you said more than you meant. Don't leave ct over it

Bright Raven":1h5fm47s said:
I find a good presentation engaging. Engages my thoughts. I guess it is like listening to music. It will never make me a musician but it engages me.

Ive thought along those same lines for country music singers. The legends always dressed up in some way. They had the flashy Nudie suits or some kind of dressed up look. Even though Waylon and Willie toned it down, they still had style and looked cool; it was almost like their costume. These guys today just wear a t- shirt and jeans. It may not affect their singing, but there is just a certain class that is missing. I just can't get as excited seeing someone on stage in something I wear to bed.(t-shirt)

Bright Raven":pducvxfu said:
TennesseeTuxedo":pducvxfu said:
Bright Raven":pducvxfu said:
That means you preach in Wranglers.

Not unusual. The preacher at Engage Church in Aurora, MO. preaches in clothes more casual than I wear to the grocery store.

Judge them by their actions, not what comes out of their mouths.
Fixed it for ya ;-)

I can't wear shorts outside the house either, or if someone comes to the house i quickly change into jeans.
I don't think there's anything especially wrong with the way my legs look I just feel nekkid ..

I wear jeans and a long sleeve button up shirt 99% of the time. I hate socks and wear canvas crocs unless I'm working on the farm. Was lazy one day and didn't bother to put on boots cause that requires socks, had a cow step on my foot ...canvas crocs, not too much protection .

boondocks":34z09fc0 said:
Bright Raven":34z09fc0 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":34z09fc0 said:

Judge them by their actions, not what comes out of their mouths.
Fixed it for ya ;-)

I'm paid to judge people every single day, by their income, their job history, their credit rating and to a lessor degree their educational background.

herofan":egsl7xrr said:
Bright Raven":egsl7xrr said:
I find a good presentation engaging. Engages my thoughts. I guess it is like listening to music. It will never make me a musician but it engages me.

Ive thought along those same lines for country music singers. The legends always dressed up in some way. They had the flashy Nudie suits or some kind of dressed up look. Even though Waylon and Willie toned it down, they still had style and looked cool; it was almost like their costume. These guys today just wear a t- shirt and jeans. It may not affect their singing, but there is just a certain class that is missing. I just can't get as excited seeing someone on stage in something I wear to bed.(t-shirt)

I think you're onto something here. None of these new age guys can hold a candle to the legends of the past.

A preacher should in my opinion only I guess , should dress modestly... Not taking away,or adding any thing.. From folks attention..The majority of people nowadays are superficial....

I'm glad to hear others that can't bring themselves to wear shorts. As another person said, I would just feel naked. I'm sure it's also how I was raised.

Shorts weren't common when I was growing up unless you were playing sports or around water.
You didn't see a 50 year old man walking the streets in town with shorts and sandals, and I just can't make that seem normal today.

I just can't imagine John Wayne riding up on his horse in shorts and sandals. That seems more like a Richard Simmons thing.

herofan said:
I'm glad to hear others that can't bring themselves to wear shorts. As another person said, I would just feel naked. I'm sure it's also how I was raised.

Shorts weren't common when I was growing up unless you were playing sports or around water.
You didn't see a 50 year old man walking the streets in town with shorts and sandals, and I just can't make that seem normal today. .....((((You forgot white knee high socks)))))

I haven't worn them in years, but "shorts" to me are cut off jeans, just above the knee.. anything higher cut than that and it starts to feel far too revealing

I wear wranglers and a tee shirt in the summer. Wranglers and long sleeves in the winter. How much I clean up depends on where I am going and what I will be doing after I get done there. I do own a suit and tie. I have worn it exactly three times in ten years. Two weddings and one funeral. And you better be pretty closely related to me to get me to put it on. I hate neck ties.
I go to church on most every Sunday and Wednesday. The biggest church in Lewis County. To church I wear my newest wranglers and a polo or button down shirt. I have only seen the lead pastor in a suit twice. Both times were weddings. The pastors generally wear their shirt untucked. To me that looks unkept. But it isn't my job to judge them.
I have boycotted Walmart for about 20 years which saves me having to see what crawls in there.
Someone mentioned John Wayne in shorts. He would come into the San Juan Islands on his yacht in the summer. Roche Harbor up there is sort of a rich people resort. I was doing to work for them in their watershed one summer. I saw John several times, including wearing shorts.

herofan":36plbole said:

You didn't see a 50 year old man walking the streets in town with shorts and sandals, and I just can't make that seem normal today.

I just can't imagine John Wayne riding up on his horse in shorts and sandals. That seems more like a Richard Simmons thing.

I'm definitely not John Wayne, but I growed up riding horse's bareback, barefooted and wearing shorts, and most of the time shirtless. No wonder why there's more pretty girls in Florida than anywhere else I've been. I've always had the thinking that the less clothes the better myself.