Black Limo's

Help Support CattleToday:

la4angus":23q7cdzi said:
houstoncutter":23q7cdzi said:
By the way, how did Angus get so big so quick, like overnight.
This has been answered several times by myself and others. If you weren't so thick headed you could probaly understand why.
Lets hear it one more time , I think I missed that one .

Hello Everyone, it seems that this is some sort of new talk show or something.

I originally just put this post out to get opinions on Black Limos and to show off our new baby. Well it seems I sure did get soem opinions. Not to much said abotu the calf. Thats fine with me.

So I would just like to say that I didn't intend on this becomming a riot in the way it did.continue chatting. I like the way that Doc stated his words. But I completely understand where everyoen is comming from. We all have our own opinions, experiences, and thoughts about everything. This is what gives us these ideas that every animal from a certian breed. But we know that and we have enough knowledge to understand that but we just can't give in to other people.

Melissa

maplelanefarms_ont":3c1vqzsg said:
We all have our own opinions, experiences, and thoughts about everything.

Melissa

Glad to see that at least one other person understands.

dun

Thanks, and it the total truth.
It gets pretty sad when we *people* have to fight over every little thing. Is there really a point. I don't think, maybe some of you will. If we are raising or doing one thing now, are we all going to change everything for one comment on here. I can tell you, I'm not changing my herford/Limo herd for any other breed. We enjoy what we are doing and are doing alright at it so why change our ways.

Melissa

maplelanefarms_ont":xz6gi1n1 said:
It gets pretty sad when we *people* have to fight over every little thing. Is there really a point. I don't think, maybe some of you will. If we are raising or doing one thing now, are we all going to change everything for one comment on here. I can tell you, I'm not changing my herford/Limo herd for any other breed. We enjoy what we are doing and are doing alright at it so why change our ways.

Melissa

A big part of the problem is the cattle busniess is really pretty regional. Your calves may be fed in NE but if you're in SC you have to compete with the other calves from SC, and even within states it's pretty regional. Managment and breedsd that work for one person may work for someone else in another area with different managment, but I sure wouldn;t be willing to wager that it would. Also many people have experience only in a specific region and don;t understand the difference between a normally arid area and one that get's more precip. or has different temps.

dun

maplelanefarms_ont":guf60s7y said:

Melissa

I wouldn't either I have never seen a continental I thought was worth a piece of dried up monkey dung. I like the Herefords and bramers thats just like buttholes everybody has one and they all stink. When you post on a internet chat boards you are going to get differing opinions than yours have to accept it or move on.

Well, said that that is exactly right. and we all have the right not to go along with people so we don't have to make any of this sink in to our heads, we can just let it be.

It is good to hear some peoples opinions though!!

Melissa

Houston City Slicker here, L4Angus, is that the best you can do is call me a name... You dont want to discuss cattle with me angusboy....... I dont think you have any common horse sense.... You are the typical seedstock producer, that doesnt have a clue as to what a commercial cattleman needs....... So answer the question smartman.....you always running that line about poor temperment in Limi cattle even though you have stated that they were draft animals........Use a little common sense, do you think anyone they would have use the Limi breed for draft animals if they had a temperment problem........Face it..... this slicker, just busted your arguement big time and you gave me the ammo to do.........So heres to city slickers, who arent suffering from a case of retal cranial inversion as you seem to be....Busted... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Causic....A couple of the original bulls did have a problem..... That doesnt mean the entire breed did. Some herefords had eye problems, but that did not mean the entire breed did. Hereford breeders bred away from the problen lines and I think that problem has been just about solved. Herefords and Angus and Shorthorns have been in the states a long time, and yet with all the animals born ,from time to time their have been problems with these breeds. Many of the European breeds have only been here, for at best 30 years.... So all I am trying to point out is, that yes some have had problems, and most breed associations are working to solve them

i like the words of doc harris, i am building a herd, and have red and black limi's, along with black angus. i just bought 3 registered black limi's, mainly because of what i have seen by crossing the red to a black angus, (proctor ?), registered bull.
the calves have been consistent and have been what I want to sell. Also, have had one of the black angus cows whose calf has been the top gainer, and i wish i had a whole herd of them. but, i don't, maybe as i grow, i can find that type of genetics, at least i can hope. what is working for me, will not work for everyone, but from what i see here, what can i say but, "whew". everyone ought to try and produce a quality calf, and improve their herd. The lim flex cross is working for me, and as i grow, i hope to always watch the results and recognize what i need to do, either buy better mamas or better bulls, or maybe change my plan. by the way, when it comes to color, the biggest calf i had was from a maine angou, longhorn cross to the above angus bull, it outweighed them all, was a heifer, and I got quite a bit less, looked like a longhorn, white with black spots. quality wise, as good or better than most sold, but not black, can't argue with what pays.
rjk

With all of the regions/climates/opinions of the country represented here, it is highly improbable that everyone will have a brady bunch group hug.

I say tomatoes, you say tomatoes....doesn't work as good in print.

Whatever your happy with...do it. But do it as good as you can. Then you will have something to be proud of.

Doc, if your reading I know you don't like war, but that's how our country was founded.

And Beefy, who is Pat??????

houstoncutter":66321vyp said:
Causic....A couple of the original bulls did have a problem..... That doesnt mean the entire breed did. Some herefords had eye problems, but that did not mean the entire breed did. Hereford breeders bred away from the problen lines and I think that problem has been just about solved. Herefords and Angus and Shorthorns have been in the states a long time, and yet with all the animals born ,from time to time their have been problems with these breeds. Many of the European breeds have only been here, for at best 30 years.... So all I am trying to point out is, that yes some have had problems, and most breed associations are working to solve them

It must have been a serious problem or the association wouldn't have created a disposition epd.

Caustic you hit it right on the head on disposition, it was a problem for one particular line of animals... I believe it was Carnival, but I could very well be wrong, maybe some of our Limi breeders will fill in the blanks. They also had problems with scrotal size on certain lines. Having said that bulls and cows out on Harvest Olypus breeding are very hard to beat, you can stack up against any breed going. They milk, great disposition and have a great scrotal size

Latest posts