Black Angus CC&7

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn":21f8bmmc said:
He told me he was gonna buy

Sydgen CC&7
and
SAF Focus 9095

I dont know how much of each thou.
Focus 9095 died from pneumonia, I heard they had not vaccinated him - guess they figured like some folks ,thinking it's a waist of money....
Ben Eggers told me he didn't like the 9095 bull because of loose sheath and the loose hanging skin under his neck. Don't know anything about the other bull
Valerie

IMO 9095 was far and away the best bull of that flush (Strategy, 9095, J30, and Bullseye). Yes he will throw calves that are alittle coarse, but more volume and muscle than the flushbrothers.

jscunn":3uyaj2yo said:
IMO 9095 was far and away the best bull of that flush (Strategy, 9095, J30, and Bullseye). Yes he will throw calves that are alittle coarse, but more volume and muscle than the flushbrothers.

Got a picture of him?

I continue to be amazed on cattle boards at how many folks enjoy throwing rocks just to hear the glass shatter.

No idea if the window in question belongs to a monk or a murderer.......

they see glass and have a rock......(keyboard and opinion).....

so they just have to heave it.....

and then folks wonder why intelligent folks don't offer advice..... :cowboy: :mad:

Jim,
Dont worry about it, opinions are like .... (you know the rest)

As long as you are happy all the rest of us dont pay the bills at your place. :D

jscunn":11ye2rvw said:
Jim,
Dont worry about it, opinions are like .... (you know the rest)

As long as you are happy all the rest of us dont pay the bills at your place. :D

not worried at all..... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
and I know that you know, I was not talking about you....
just a bit of a warning to potential vagrants.....
that I might not be the monk....

I am too old to throw rocks....
I shoot rock throwers.....

redcowsrule33":rib4l5re said:
What's going on with the semen price on him lately? Is he dead/injured?

Dont know. A friend of mine has used him alot and I think if you stayed away you are better off.

It may just be the cows he was bred to but his daughters calved and they look like they are going to be the hard keeping kind. They are milking well but the body condition looks like my gas gauge on my old 3/4 ton truck. They are running on empty. They have plent of grass in front of them just hard keepers.

redcowsrule33":2jj4gnxu said:
What's going on with the semen price on him lately? Is he dead/injured?
He isn't being collected at this time and they aren't taking new orders until something changes so price will be determined by the available feild inventory.

I herd fron the ABS guy he had quit producing, but has started back now so the supply should be good.

It does not mean literally that it wont freeze. What they are referring to is when it thaws out. Cow pollinater can probably tell you better but they put it through a test. Basically one stud I know of thaws it and leaves it laying on the counter for about 4 hours. The sperm at that point has to test a certain percent good. Usually around 40-45 % or they wont keep it. If it tests less they say it wont freeze. The last bull I carried tested 43% and they wouldnt keep it. I first thought it was a little BS but I dont want any semen out there on my bull that is bad either. The problem is he is now 11 y.o. and injured and there will be no more semen on him. Just my luck it seems.

Circle H Ranch

Latest posts