Black Angus CC&7

Help Support CattleToday:

Calves were a huge hit at the Sydgen sale in November. Really good calves, long muscular, great dispositions. Most of the calves there were just January calves, sold well, looked good. Sydgen should have some daughters raising the first calves now.

http://origenbeef.org/store/product_inf ... ucts_id=45

Here is a picture of my son with the bull at the November sale at Sydgen.
TylerandCC7.jpg

The disposition on the bull is very much for real as you can see from the picture.

vclavin,

Reg # 16313199 (yes he has some CA issues on the bottom side of the pedigree)
Makes him a half brother to CC&7. Used a bunch of the sire in the past (SAF Connection) and never had a bad one. My favorite and one of the most productive cows on the whole place is a Connection daughter.
His growth numbers are alittle high personally for me I wonder prefer ~50 for WW and 90 for YW. He was just the most massive January yearling there that didnt go for $10,000 or more. We missed out on a dozen or so fall yearlings that we had picked out all going for $5750 or higher.

He passed his BSE at 12 months and 4 days of age. Bred cows before he was 13 months old and should have calves in late Oct of this year. The beauty of that sire line is they are fertile. ..

AlaCattleman,
Yes he is a hoss, but as big a pet as I have ever seen. I doubt there is a mean bone in his body. Most bulls and cows look at my son like he is an alien (ears forward alert type behavior), only his cow (a Connection daughter) and two bulls (CC&7 and Sydgen Turbo) have ever not paid any attention to him whatsoever.

He looks a LOT better there than he does in his ABS photo. He's on sale now with ABS too.

CC&7 had a new picture taken this summer at Origen. It should be in the next Origen and ABS catalog. I agree the bull is much more impressive in person than the picture ABS is using. His new picture is really good. Shows his muscle and rib shape much better than the current picture.

jscunn":3mybd3rr said:
vclavin,

Reg # 16313199 (yes he has some CA issues on the bottom side of the pedigree)
Makes him a half brother to CC&7. Used a bunch of the sire in the past (SAF Connection) and never had a bad one. My favorite and one of the most productive cows on the whole place is a Connection daughter.
His growth numbers are alittle high personally for me I wonder prefer ~50 for WW and 90 for YW. He was just the most massive January yearling there that didnt go for $10,000 or more. We missed out on a dozen or so fall yearlings that we had picked out all going for $5750 or higher.

He passed his BSE at 12 months and 4 days of age. Bred cows before he was 13 months old and should have calves in late Oct of this year. The beauty of that sire line is they are fertile. ..

AlaCattleman,
Yes he is a hoss, but as big a pet as I have ever seen. I doubt there is a mean bone in his body. Most bulls and cows look at my son like he is an alien (ears forward alert type behavior), only his cow (a Connection daughter) and two bulls (CC&7 and Sydgen Turbo) have ever not paid any attention to him whatsoever.
His dam has Spur Success 2801. Had a daughter of 2801 gave us our herd bull. I'm going to trade the semen we have on Corona for more Spur Success. We have a lot of Sydenstricker bloodlines in our herd, sounds like you do as well. Let me know how you like your new bulls calves next year.
Valerie

Vclavin,

Shame about Corona (AM), best bull we have used so far was Corona. Luckily have a few clean daughters to run with. The Corona's really worked well down here, slick haired, alot of volume and muscle. One of the bred heifers I put a picture up awhile ago was an AMF daughter of Corona.
The bull is the only descendant of Spur Success we have, not sure I like the Success calves as much as some of the other bulls they use. He is a good bull though, that is for sure. Good luck with him.
Personally trying to find a good clean son of Corona to run with, still looking. Gonna skip the Corona sons this year probably, but if something were to jump out at me I might run with it. Used Forward, Directive, and Trust last fall, probably use Trust, Forward, and CC&7 this fall. Trust is a bull you might want to consider, same basic EPD package as Success..

look at the bulls tail head in the picture. If her were fat his tail head would be covered with fat...

Our Spur Success cow throws the best heifers we have had. I have a picture of him in the pasture somewhere around here. He is a very large framed bull. I like Hoover Dam out of CC&7.
Chuckie

PDF (Jim),
I have looked at the the clean Corona bull, but I want a tad more performance than his numbers say he will provide. Remember my environment will take care of some of the extremes mature size wise, so I try to get alittle more performance on the front end of the deal. The picture is not the best in the world either, but I have photographed enough cattle to know it is just a picture.

If you like that picture of CC&7 and Tyler, you will really like his new mature picture when it comes out.

Chuckie,
What have you been using on your Success daughter, Boomer or the Deer Valley bull?

jscunn":i9q3udlb said:
Vclavin,

Shame about Corona (AM), best bull we have used so far was Corona. Luckily have a few clean daughters to run with. The Corona's really worked well down here, slick haired, alot of volume and muscle. One of the bred heifers I put a picture up awhile ago was an AMF daughter of Corona.
The bull is the only descendant of Spur Success we have, not sure I like the Success calves as much as some of the other bulls they use. He is a good bull though, that is for sure. Good luck with him.
Personally trying to find a good clean son of Corona to run with, still looking. Gonna skip the Corona sons this year probably, but if something were to jump out at me I might run with it. Used Forward, Directive, and Trust last fall, probably use Trust, Forward, and CC&7 this fall. Trust is a bull you might want to consider, same basic EPD package as Success..
The Phoenix thread/pics I posted here is a clean son of Corona and a grandson of Spur Success. Unfortunately, we lost his momma.... :cry2: His sons sell very well.
Valerie

They posted the new pic of him on the ABS site a couple day ago.
http://abs-bs.absglobal.com/beef/angus. ... =237AN1941

Some are saying they dont like that early pic as well when he was probably a yearling. I think it is pretty impressive and a lot better that many of the Angus bulls posted. I plan to use him some in my LimFlex program unless something changes.

Circke H Ranch

Latest posts