Big runs at Texas sale barns

Help Support CattleToday:

Thirteen head have left in the last 6 weeks.
Now nine head stand around a dried up stock tank.
Those that are left would only bring kill cow prices .
They are more valuable for the calves they will have in December.
I didn't have to cull this deep in 2011
98F244DF-2B68-41C3-B22B-E42352F6BB59.jpeg

Well Caustic, your grass looks greener than mine. I might have a little more tops, but it's mostly dried up.

Local barn is expecting 2000 tomorrow.

I had a couple lick tubs had 30-40 lbs left in that they quit on last April. I put them out Friday and they took to them right away.

Packers took $5 to $6 per cwt off this morning. I heard one buyer tell someone that those big good high yielding cows that brought in the low $90's a month ago, are now doing good to bring $70. That is about $250 a head on a 1200 lb cow.

And yet in the US boner cows are averaging US$ 167.70 on the rail. Looks like someone is already taking advantage of an opportunity.
I hope it stays there. We have several truck loads with a August 15 kill date. Being a long ways from the drought areas and high freight cost should help to keep the price up in the PNW.

March and early April it was dry dry here. I was buying bred cows and pairs cheap. People were selling cows as there was no grass and future for hay looked real bad. Then about mid April it started to rain. Not a lot at a time but timely. And the grass grew. Now the high country has more grass than there are cows to eat it all.

March and early April it was dry dry here. I was buying bred cows and pairs cheap. People were selling cows as there was no grass and future for hay looked real bad. Then about mid April it started to rain. Not a lot at a time but timely. And the grass grew. Now the high country has more grass than there are cows to eat it all.
Boy howdy a lot of folks wish they had that problem!

I passed by the sale barn in Nacogdoches and thought about swinging in but I had trees to cut. I bet there were nearly a hundred trailers either around the sale barn or on the roads going and coming.

Anybody, anywhere, seeing any roping calves or other roping stock coming through? I'm curious as to what they're going for, I might have somebody I could sell some to. Any responses are greatly appreciated.

I passed by the sale barn in Nacogdoches and thought about swinging in but I had trees to cut. I bet there were nearly a hundred trailers either around the sale barn or on the roads going and coming.

Anybody, anywhere, seeing any roping calves or other roping stock coming through? I'm curious as to what they're going for, I might have somebody I could sell some to. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
There was 4 of em last weekend.
The other 3 were well over 400 bucks.
Sorry. I'm in Northern Oklahoma forgot
20220716_152149.jpg

There was 4 of em last weekend.
The other 3 were well over 400 bucks.
Sorry. I'm in Northern Oklahoma forgot
View attachment 19291
Still good to know, thanks. I called a man in another state where I'll be visiting soon to see how it was there and they were fetching near enough to par for size to a lot of beef calves, couldn't tell you why but I won't pay it.

Latest posts